What's new

Why India Will Displace China as Global Growth Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how you round up by more than 200 million. Typical misleading Hindu.

First of all, the statistics are 5 years old. Secondly, even these 5-year-old statistics show Chinese poverty at:

Less than $1.25 a day: 13.1% (172 million)

Less than $2 a day: 29.8% (394 million)

Less than $2.5 a day: 39.9% (528 million)

Less than $4 a day: 62% (821 million)

Less than $5 a day: 71.6% (948 million)

Here is India for 2010:

less than $1.25 a day: 32.7% (400 million)

less than $2 a day: 68.7% (841 million)

less than $2.5 a day: 81.1% (992 million)

less than $4 a day: 93.7% (1,148 million)

less than $5 a day: 96.9% (1,179 million)

And just to show you how inaccurate these figures are, China poverty headcount ratio for $1.25 decreased from 13% in 2008 to 11% in 2009.

As for India, here are some interesting statistics:

OUCH!!

Poverty in the People's Republic of China - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Poverty in India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

pathetic pakistani cheerleader:rofl::omghaha::omghaha:

Götterdämmerung;4395004 said:
Why does his flag matters if the facts he posted are correct? If not, please come forward with the correct facts.

Indians here are often amazed to see Pakistani false flaggers bashing Indian poverty.

India should first beat China..then this subject will be worthy of debate..right now India is light years behind China...

Indians here are often amazed to see Pakistani false flaggers bashing Indian poverty.

But getting personal does not help your case. It makes you look like a sore loser. Come up with facts, stay on topic, that's the only mature and logical way to counter lies and distortions.

Götterdämmerung;4395034 said:
But getting personal does not help your case. It makes you look like a sore loser. Come up with facts, stay on topic, that's the only mature and logical way to counter lies and distortions.

the fact is that Indian Poverty figures are extremely overblown..And it is decreasing day by day..And a pakistani false flagger who cheerleads for china and Bashes India for its poor population,while Pakistan itself is in absolute pits is truly a loser

India could overtake China in terms of economy, but not in this century.

Götterdämmerung;4395004 said:
Why does his flag matters if the facts he posted are correct? If not, please come forward with the correct facts.

This is their only argument. No matter what anyone posts, they will always divert the subject because they know thier country is a third world sh!$hole far worse than China.

As for Pakistan, I never denied they are in the same boat as India. That's because I'm not Pakistani! The difference is that Pakistan does not have delusions of grandeur about matching China or the USA.

These dumb low-IQ Indians, on the other hand, do!

the fact is that Indian Poverty figures are extremely overblown..And it is decreasing day by day..And a pakistani false flagger who cheerleads for china and Bashes India for its poor population,while Pakistan itself is in absolute pits is truly a loser

Pakistan is no different from India. I don't know where you pull your figures from. Where is the evidence your people's poverty figures are overblown? You are just a typical brownskin in denial. Korea is not an ally with Pakistan. Rag on them all you like. I could care less.

Face it though, in comparison to any East Asian country (with the exception of N. Korea) you don't look any different than Africans.

I have answered all the relevant questions in my previous posts. You will get all the answers. Do not repeate the same questions again and again. Read them carefully or do whatever you want.

I have answered all the relevant questions in my previous posts. You will get all the answers. Do not repeate the same questions again and again. Read them carefully or do whatever you want.

Apparently India will surpass China in the next "17-20" years, correct?

If China's GDP will easily be over $20 trillion by 2020, how will India surpass China in the 2030's?

Are you expecting a more than 1000% increase in India's GDP in 20 years? India will go from a roughly $2 trillion GDP to a $20 trillion one by 2035?

Oh, and China will not freeze in year 2020, they will have 15 years of growth until your magic scenario.

So in reality you are expecting something like a 2000% increase in GDP in the next 20 years, or a 20x increase in the next two decades.

Yea, and maybe Mongolia will become a superpower too! Ya never knowww!!

There are too many predictions about China in the western press. And I do see a trend between predictions about China vs predictions about India that made western news. The predictions about China usually center around China's GDP vs countries that are ahead of China. China consistently beat expectations. India, on the other hand, continuously disappoint its fan clubs. Even one of the major Indian fan boy, ex Indian fareed zakaria is very pessimistic about India recently because of India's slowing growth rate.

The western press has been trumpeting "democratic" India will beat "dictatorship" China "eventually!" "Eventually" is the key word since they cannot say with straight face that India is beating China now. That's the reason why you see so many optimistic predictions about India. They would find any positives in India in order to prove their "agenda" that "democratic" India will win in the end. But they forget that nothing is set in stone forever.

China's political system will gradually change as more and more people have their basic needs met and demand other rights. Whether China will adopt U.S. style or India style democracy is another matter. To me personally, rule of law and freedom of speech are most fundamentals, while voting is waste of resources and veiled attempt to appease the mass. Benign ruling by meritocracy, coupled with rule of law and freedom of speech, is best overall for China.

In China, 200 million ppl live on less than $1.25/day, 44o million less than$2/day, 700 million less than $3/day and over 1000 million less than $4/day.
91% Chinese live on less than the bottom of 9% US population's wealth.
The pot calling the kettle black.:rofl:

Do you really believe this crap that 91% of Chinese live less than bottom of 9% of U.S. population???? I have lived in U.S. for more than a decade now and I have seen so many poverty and people live on welfare and food stamps. I have met very few people that even have savings. I wouldn't even call those people bottom of bottom. Wealth???? They strive to live on day to day basis, lol. If you drive by any inner cities, you see so many idle people doing nothing every day! Those people have no future, neither will their offspring.

In contrast when I go to China, I see so many activities, so many people working their ways up. You will rarely find people just idly sitting at home watching TV whole day.

Wealth is a funny word if you can even say those people living on food stamps have any "wealth."
See the world with your own eyes, not through media or figures. Figures are deceptive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom