What's new

Why India Should be a permanent member in UN security council?

^^ China was also one the few countries to possess nuclear weapons when it was made a member. This isn't 1960, the situation has changed so the same logic simply doesn't apply anymore.

How could a country with a global index like this deserve a permanent member in UN sec? tell me about it.

Global Hunger Index (GHI)

India’s score is 23.7, with a rank of 66th out of 88 countries, categorized under Alarming

The Human Development Report UNDP

India 134 out of 182 countries , categorized under Medium Human Development

Global Peace Index

India’s ranked 122 with 2.422 score

Global Corruption Index

Transparency International has downgraded India’s ranking from 72 to 85 in the list of world’s corruption-plagued countries

WEF The Global Gender Gap Report

India ranked 114 lisetd very poorly on the economic, education and health subindexes.

WEF Global Information Technology Report

India is down four places this year, at 54th

CIA world fact book on Account Balance

India listed as 182, the Current account balance of India is -37,510,000,000 (minus)
WHO | WHOSIS | Search
India on various Global ranking studies India Fact Book

No need to post troll which reflects your lack of knowledge just go back and Google when china was made UNSC member it has more poverty, more hunger, more child death then India. :wave:

No need to post troll which reflects your lack of knowledge just go back and Google when china was made UNSC member it has more poverty, more hunger, more child death then India. :wave:

china's statistics regarding poverty, hunger and child death were not taken into account at that time because it had been at war with japan, and anyway all the permenant members of the security council were the victors of the second world war.There have been no new members since and i seriously doubt that there ever will be

china's statistics regarding poverty, hunger and child death were not taken into account at that time because it had been at war with japan, and anyway all the permenant members of the security council were the victors of the second world war.
You are right...However don't you think that consideration was justified for that era but not today??? Are you saying that these so called victors of world war 2 would be replaced only by victors of world war 3??? Geo-politics was different in that era and completely different now...so the demand to change the set-up is legitimate..I understand of you oppose India's bid but don't oppose the ligitimacy of this demand(in case you are)...

There have been no new members since and i seriously doubt that there ever will be
Then you are plane wrong....This is going to happen one way or another...If not now then in a decade or so...India's geo-political clout is on the rise and so is Brazil and others...

Last edited:
@deckingraj
u have to look at it from the point of view of the permenant members of the UNSC, they can veto on a lot of important issues that influence the world.
Why would they agree to give more memberships and further complicate the balance of power between them?

Last edited:
all countries (except usa) ready to permanent seat for india in UNSC.

i am pretty sure that china will also not vote for india to be a permenant member on the UNSC when the time comes despite whatever they might say now.

@deckingraj
u have to look at it from the point of view of the permenant members of the UNSC, they can veto on a lot of important issues that influence the world.
Why would they agree to give more memberships and further complicate the balance of power between them?

That's what i am trying to tell Raza that India's influence is rising and sooner or later it would be big enough that she can't be ignored......If you look at geo-politics then apart from US,China i do not see anyone having issues....

For example Russia is a long term ally...UK, France has also supported our cause... US is showing interest but not promising anything...China for obvious reasons have more reserves but is moving towards acceptance.... So if not now may be in a decade but India's candidature to UNSC is inevitable....

We should support India for UN permanent member seat and make them happy on technical grounds India disqualifies India have 33 disputes with almost all neighboring countries. :D
This is what other countries are doing tell Indians "you have our support" and make money. :yahoo:

We should support India for UN permanent member seat and make them happy on technical grounds India disqualifies India have 33 disputes with almost all neighboring countries. :D
This is what other countries are doing tell Indians "you have our support" and make money. :yahoo:

if it helps both parties economically, I say why not. Your nation already has most preferred status:D

sir,

Plz refer to the highlighted part of your post.

I am sorry to say that you have proved your credibility and information "zero".

It seems you don't know anything about the world or UNSC or china.

When china was made UNSC member at that time china has more poverty, more internal tensions and border dispute then India. China is the only country in the world with the largest number of border dispute with the all of its neighbors. India only has border dispute with pakistan and china. But, china still has border dispute with Vietnam, Japan, Taiwan, India etc. etc. The UNSC works on democratic principles but china's dictator govt. don't believe in democracy it is a open mockery of so called free and fair world.

If there is any justice in the world the largest democracy in the world, the fourth largest military power, 11th largest economy, most peace loving nation, a country who have so much contributed towards this world must be given UNSC membership.

thanks

As far as economy is considered yes indias progress is good,they have a big army too,,,but bro peace is definitely a question mark???
the world is so blind that have a thinking that democracy is better than dictatorship because the rules are set by the westerners so they thought democracy is good than dictatorship or any other constitutional system..YYYYYYYYYYYYYYY...

No offense but your support or you being against our bid will not make much difference....As far as technicalities are concerned then there were same when it comes to NSG...however they were ignored...Didn't they??? Let me repeat what i said before....UNSC needs to change for good....I understand Pakistan not supporting India but she should support may be Brazil or any other country that she thinks is capable....It is good for Asia and the world to change this set up and add more teeth to UN....

Back
Top Bottom