What's new

Why India no longer cares about Pakistan's nuclear threats

There were no Pakistanis before 14th August 1947. They were all know as Indians only.
You are a pure idiot. You are confusing the geographical term with the political term.

Today India means "Republic of India" which was created in 1947.

Before partition the British Indian empire was all the way from Peshawar to Rangoon.
The British meant India in the geographical sense.

But India is not used as the geographical sense anymore you uneducated dolt.

Now India refers to the Republic of India that was created in 1947.

We are not Indians and we have nothing to do with the Republic of India.

You are a pure idiot. You are confusing the geographical term with the political term.

Today India means "Republic of India" which was created in 1947.

Before partition the British Indian empire was all the way from Peshawar to Rangoon.
The British meant India in the geographical sense.

But India is not used as the geographical sense anymore you uneducated dolt.

Now India refers to the Republic of India that was created in 1947.

We are not Indians and we have nothing to do with the Republic of India.

You can not change history. You have nothing to do with present day republic of India. But you came from Indians.

Look at this Map from 5th century BC.

159.png

There are no Pakistanis in it. But there are Indians.

You can not change history. You have nothing to do with present day republic of India. But you came from Indians.

Look at this Map from 5th century BC.

159.png

There are no Pakistanis in it. But there are Indians.
You are contradicting yourself. On one hand you say we have nothing to do with Republic of India, but then say we came from Indians.

Don't be such a dolt. We Pakistanis are NOT INDIANS! We Pakistanis are children of the Indus River Valley civilization.

Secondly that map calls Pakistanis Indians in the geographical sense which made sense at that time.

Now the times have changed. Pakistanis are no longer geographical Indians any more.

You are contradicting yourself. On one hand you say we have nothing to do with Republic of India, but then say we came from Indians.

Don't be such a dolt. We Pakistanis are NOT INDIANS! We Pakistanis are children of the Indus River Valley civilization.

Secondly that map calls Pakistanis Indians in the geographical sense which made sense at that time.

Now the times have changed. Pakistanis are no longer geographical Indians any more.

That is what I am trying to explain to you ..you too were called Indians, just like we were.

Just like how each Bangladeshi today was a Pakistani before 1971.

That is what I am trying to explain to you ..you too were called Indians, just like we were.

Just like how each Bangladeshi today was a Pakistani before 1971.
That is where I agree with in the "geographical sense" not the political term of "Republic of India" At that time.

Now the region is called "South Asia."

That is where I agree with in the "geographical sense" not the political term of "Republic of India" At that time.

Now the region is called "South Asia."

It is called Indian subcontinent, Indian ocean etc.

It is called Indian subcontinent, Indian ocean etc.
Indian subcontinent is now defunct. Nobody uses that term anymore.

The region is called "South Asia."

Go to the United Nations official map.

I never claimed India had superiority in nuclear weapons. We don't need this superiority anyway, our mantra is "Minimum Credible Deterrence".

We only need to maintain a conventional superiority against Pakistan. It's only conventional strength that matters because any nuclear war with Pakistan will be a long war. We will be there to stay.

Hint: Syria isn't even a country anymore. Now imagine many times more violence in Pakistan compared to Syria.
What I said about India having an edge in the unconventional(nuclear) warfare was based on ur following claim.

"The answer is simply because India controls escalation.

What this means is the very last move Pak can make is start a nuclear war, but India has the capacity to end the war. We are not in an equal situation."
(Post 18)

I was driving at the time so I just paraphrased and gave a very concise response to ur BS claims.

So again if according to u India holds the edge in the conventional and unconventional realms and Pak is super weak...what is stopping India from eliminating the threat of a second front and taking back its claimed regions?

As for u trying to teach me about nuclear weapons and how their destruction would work...keep ur BS to urself. I'm a chemist...and one of the courses required in the curriculum at my university was nuclear physics. Perhaps u should educate urself so u don't make absurd claims about what u know nothing of and end up looking like a fool.

Ur claims that India would survive a nuclear exchange with Pak in such a way that India would still pose a significant threat to China is based on too many years of ur Bollywood/news media propaganda where u r led to believe that India is a superpower.

Below is a link to a study done by actual experts(unlike u) of just 100 Hiroshima sized(in yield) nuclear bombs being detonated in a nuclear exchange between regional powers(like India/Pakistan).
Climactic Consequences of Regional Nuclear Conflicts

Here is an additional study based on the research paper provided above.
An Assessment of the Extent of Projected Golbal Famine Resulting From Limited, Regional Nuclear War

This below is the most important one u should look at. This is a summary of some studies done of that scenario of a 100 Hiroshima sized nuclear weapons being used...and has reference links to those other studies.
5 Million Tons of Smoke Created by 100 Hiroshima-Sized Nuclear Weapons

Keep in mind that these studies are based on just 100 Hiroshima sized nuclear bombs going off...and India/Pak have way more with a lot higher yields. Hopefully this will end ur delusions and bring u back to reality.

India does not care about Pakistan at all. Thats true. But in every interview with an international leader, the interviewer wants the international leader to censure Pakistan. Thats the best example of not caring about Pakistan.

Modi goes to a foreign country. The first country he wants criticized is Pakistan.

What I said about India having an edge in the unconventional(nuclear) warfare was based on ur following claim.

"The answer is simply because India controls escalation.

What this means is the very last move Pak can make is start a nuclear war, but India has the capacity to end the war. We are not in an equal situation."
(Post 18)

I was driving at the time so I just paraphrased and gave a very concise response to ur BS claims.

So again if according to u India holds the edge in the conventional and unconventional realms and Pak is super weak...what is stopping India from eliminating the threat of a second front and taking back its claimed regions?

As for u trying to teach me about nuclear weapons and how their destruction would work...keep ur BS to urself. I'm a chemist...and one of the courses required in the curriculum at my university was nuclear physics. Perhaps u should educate urself so u don't make absurd claims about what u know nothing of and end up looking like a fool.

Ur claims that India would survive a nuclear exchange with Pak in such a way that India would still pose a significant threat to China is based on too many years of ur Bollywood/news media propaganda where u r led to believe that India is a superpower.

Pak does not have the ability to hurt India with just 100 nukes.

India has 8500 cities and towns. And these hold only 37% of India's population. The remaining 63% of India's population are in villages with populations less than 5000.

There is also a plan in motion, already begun, that will reduce the dependence on states like Punjab and Haryana to maintain the govt's food supply and improve India's agricultural output from many other states.

Most of the nukes will be used against India's military targets first. The main objective against cities will be the major metropolitan centers, which houses less than 2% of India's population, like Delhi and Mumbai. Otoh, the Soviet Union lost nearly 20% of their population during WW2.

And just like how rockets that launch satellites fail constantly, missiles also fail. So not all 100 nukes will be launched on India. Apart from that EW, BMD etc can make the missiles miss.

So no, you have no real chance at hurting India in a nuclear war. You need to get at least 5000 to 10000 nukes to obliterate India. And that's mainly done by destroying the 8500 cities and towns completely, with 80%+ casualties, even if it's still only 37% of the population.

Do you now see how difficult nuclear war is?

Otoh, the Indian Army will be running amok in Pakistan while the Pakistani Army will be fighting a losing battle. Look up Syria and see what's left of the country even though the war happening there is only at the level of an insurgency with less than 100k troops in total, not the millions that India is capable of sending into Pakistan in a long war.

Below is a link to a study done by actual experts(unlike u) of just 100 Hiroshima sized(in yield) nuclear bombs being detonated in a nuclear exchange between regional powers(like India/Pakistan).
Climactic Consequences of Regional Nuclear Conflicts

Here is an additional study based on the research paper provided above.
An Assessment of the Extent of Projected Golbal Famine Resulting From Limited, Regional Nuclear War

This below is the most important one u should look at. This is a summary of some studies done of that scenario of a 100 Hiroshima sized nuclear weapons being used...and has reference links to those other studies.
5 Million Tons of Smoke Created by 100 Hiroshima-Sized Nuclear Weapons

Keep in mind that these studies are based on just 100 Hiroshima sized nuclear bombs going off...and India/Pak have way more with a lot higher yields. Hopefully this will end ur delusions and bring u back to reality.

Most information about nuclear weapons in such journals are made by anti-nuclear lobbies and people who have very little experience with nuclear weapons.

The reality is very different from what you hear in the news.

Get your information from people who actually work in the field.
http://www.oism.org/nwss/s73p912.htm

I don't think you understand what you are saying.

But Pakistan is in no position to use a nuke and still exist afterwards.

You are correct, but there are 2 logical conclusions to that scenario which you obviously are not referring to:

1. Pakistan is in no position to use Nukes because the defensive nature of Pakistan's military positions, in case of Indian adventure, would ensure that any numerical and/or technical superiority that India holds over Pakistan is neutralized.

2. In the event that the above does not happen and Indian forces are able to gain territory and defeat Pakistani Military than the Nuclear strike would be single and comprehensive ......... MAD assured!! No Pakistan and absolutely NO India afterwards!!

Pak does not have the ability to hurt India with just 100 nukes.

India has 8500 cities and towns. And these hold only 37% of India's population. The remaining 63% of India's population are in villages with populations less than 5000.

There is also a plan in motion, already begun, that will reduce the dependence on states like Punjab and Haryana to maintain the govt's food supply and improve India's agricultural output from many other states.

Most of the nukes will be used against India's military targets first. The main objective against cities will be the major metropolitan centers, which houses less than 2% of India's population, like Delhi and Mumbai. Otoh, the Soviet Union lost nearly 20% of their population during WW2.

And just like how rockets that launch satellites fail constantly, missiles also fail. So not all 100 nukes will be launched on India. Apart from that EW, BMD etc can make the missiles miss.

So no, you have no real chance at hurting India in a nuclear war. You need to get at least 5000 to 10000 nukes to obliterate India. And that's mainly done by destroying the 8500 cities and towns completely, with 80%+ casualties, even if it's still only 37% of the population.

Do you now see how difficult nuclear war is?

Otoh, the Indian Army will be running amok in Pakistan while the Pakistani Army will be fighting a losing battle. Look up Syria and see what's left of the country even though the war happening there is only at the level of an insurgency with less than 100k troops in total, not the millions that India is capable of sending into Pakistan in a long war.
According to most estimates Pak has more than 100 nukes...and based on ur response I assume that except for the titles u didn't bother to read the research papers I provided u.

The studies aren't about Pakistan using a 100 nukes on India. The study is based off both India and Pakistan exploding a total of 100 Hiroshima sized nuclear bombs at each other...and still the effects are alarmingly hazardous.

So imagine what it would be if Pak/India used all of their nuclear arsenal. While the actual numbers of nuclear devices each country possesses have never been disclosed...most experts have suggested that both countries have somewhere between 100-150 nuclear weapons. This means that on the lower end if both have a 100 and launch those at each other that would be a total of 200. That's twice more than what the study is based on. Or if we go with the higher end then that would be 300...three times what the study is based on.

Also u should know that if 200 nuclear devices(still assuming them to be Hiroshima sized in terms of yield) go off in India/Pak scenario...the negative effects would be more than doubled
...and in the same manner if we go off the higher end of 150 each and 300 nukes go off the negative effects would more than triple. It is not a linear relationship bcuz the environmental effects come into play.

So all ur BS claims about Indian population urban vs rural areas and Pak's nukes not covering all of Indian landmass etc. go out the window. U clearly have no idea about how nukes work and all ur discussing somewhat barely touches on their primary effects. U should really read up on secondary and tertiary effects of nukes going off...though based on ur continued ignorance displayed here even after I provided u with research papers I doubt u would actually read anything.
Most information about nuclear weapons in such journals are made by anti-nuclear lobbies and people who have very little experience with nuclear weapons.

The reality is very different from what you hear in the news.
Yes so according to u I should ignore the published research papers of actual scientists who have dedicated their lives in these fields to first become experts and then dedicated more time for these studies, used computer models to arrive at their conclusions...all bcuz some internet keyboard warrior troll claims that these scientists are from anti-nuclear lobbies. What's ur qualification btw...why should I believe an iota of very ignorant claims u r typing here? Care to elaborate on ur educational background or ur actual field experience?

Get your information from people who actually work in the field.
http://www.oism.org/nwss/s73p912.htm
The link u have provided is hilariously short on providing concrete evidence. First up what qualifications does the author of this book have for me to even consider his "opinions". How did he arrive at this conclusion? Is it based off of other research papers(from actual scientists)? If so where are the citations(since I would like to read them)?

Secondly this isn't a research paper...it says Chapter 1 and the book title at the very top...
:rofl: U r the first person ever(who I've debated) that has tried to counter a bunch of research papers with some chapter from an obscure book.

Do u know the difference between a research paper published in a respected journal and a book that anyone can write(whatever they want in it) and publish it? This level of ignorance just makes me think I'm wasting my time arguing with u.

In any case I would ask u again...if Pakistan is so weak conventionally and unconventionally against India...what's stopping India from taking back its claimed land and destroying Pak?

There are only two possibilities...
1) ur claims are utter BS...and what's stopping India(and has stopped India in 2008 and the aftermath of Mumbai/Uri/etc attacks) is a credible threat of Pakistani nukes and a MAD scenario.

If the above isn't the case somehow...and we assume ur idiotic claims are true about India's "immense power" over Pak...and India has still not taken its claimed land from Pak then that only leaves the second option
2) India is impotent and cowardly

So which is it then? :cheesy:

Last edited:
You are correct, but there are 2 logical conclusions to that scenario which you obviously are not referring to:

1. Pakistan is in no position to use Nukes because the defensive nature of Pakistan's military positions, in case of Indian adventure, would ensure that any numerical and/or technical superiority that India holds over Pakistan is neutralized.

There is a massive conventional disparity. For example, India operates the T-90s, whereas most of Pakistan's tanks are the Type 59, a class of tank that we don't even use anymore.

2. In the event that the above does not happen and Indian forces are able to gain territory and defeat Pakistani Military than the Nuclear strike would be single and comprehensive ......... MAD assured!! No Pakistan and absolutely NO India afterwards!!

So 100 nukes will destroy 8500 towns and cities?

That's not what the world thinks

THE world led by Trump USA are actually saying Pakistan is the biggest terrorist supporters in the world

PAKISTANIS are stuck with that perception

Its not just Pakistan, any country which is not aligned with US interest is evil or terrorist country.

Back
Top Bottom