What's new

Why India no longer cares about Pakistan's nuclear threats

I don't understand where you are producing random stats from. Most, if not all, Al-Khalids in service are produced locally at HIT. The numbers that you quoted, from Wiki, are just random numbers since the actual count is classified. And that is just Al-Khalids, then there are T-80's and T-85's and the Al-Zarrar (extensively upgraded T-59 which can compete with any modern Tank of its class) etc. They just have to face Indian T-90s and T72s.....no big deal really.

The Al-Khalids are Type 90 tanks that are imported from China. Pakistan has 350 of the first tranche. Tranche 2 is still under development and 300-350 more are expected at best. The numbers are not a secret.

Then there is the Ukrainian T-80, you ordered 320 20 years ago and require upgrades.

All other tanks, Al Zarrar, Type-85, Type 69, Type 59 etc are stuff that have to be withdrawn.

SRBM and IRBM statement was a part of my explanation in which IAF can never achieve air superiority.

That doesn't make sense.

My point is ATGMs won't be very useful if you want to stop the IA.

The difference b/w PAF and IAF is quite big now. But on our turf, IAF will be facing force multipliers in the form of AWACS, SAM sites, Ground based Electronic Warfare etc. which would all be supporting PAF.

None of those will survive the first day or two. Even the USAF operates with a similar belief in a war against a weaker opponent like China.

The JF-17 is continuously being upgraded, the latest variant may just as well be on par with F-16 Block 52+. And F-16 Block 52+ is the most serious threat that IAF can encounter in the near future. I can assure you that IAF is not getting a more advanced F-16, although they can if they want.

IAF considers the F-16 B52 obsolete.

And the IAF does not like the F-16 B70 that LM has offered either. They very much prefer Gripen.
http://idrw.org/why-iaf-chief-wants-gripen-over-american-f-16-and-f-18/
Raha termed Gripen fighter of later generation than F-16 and F-18 and hinted aircraft has better growth prospect than American offer of F-16 and F-18

In addition to all that, PAF will most likely be fielding a 5th Gen stealth fighter by the time IAF starts operating Rafale.

No chance of that happening.

As for the surgical strikes story, IA would have provided irrefutable evidence to their own media which they did not despite being challenged by PA and the world at large. So, until IA is able to prove its claim, it is a lie.

By my post, I meant that India would have conducted some sort of operation to teach Pakistan a lesson.....most likely by crossing LoC and re-taking Azad Kashmir.......if it was confident of its success.

You haven't understood my question. Forget proof.

What if PA announces surgical strikes happened?

Can you provide link to that? I have read neutral sources which claim that India has posted anywhere from 600k to 1 million soldiers in occupied Kashmir alone which would mean 80-90% of the Military is already posted at LoC/IB with Pakistan.

:lol:

That's Pakistani propaganda. IA does not have 600k to 1 million troops in Kashmir. They have 40,000 troops which is called Rashtriya Rifles inside Kashmir's populated regions. And at the borders facing Pakistan the IA has 5 divisions of infantry. Each division has roughly 15000 troops.

Indian_Army_Structure.png

Google the location of the corps headquarters.

The security in Kashmir is mostly provided by either the local state police or the central police. Rashtriya Rifles gets called in when terrorists are involved.

The Al-Khalids are Type 90 tanks that are imported from China. Pakistan has 350 of the first tranche. Tranche 2 is still under development and 300-350 more are expected at best. The numbers are not a secret.

Then there is the Ukrainian T-80, you ordered 320 20 years ago and require upgrades.

All other tanks, Al Zarrar, Type-85, Type 69, Type 59 etc are stuff that have to be withdrawn.

The numbers are indeed classified. All Al-Khalid's are locally produced and these alone are capable of taking on advancing Indian Tanks and defend their territory. After all, even India has older generation of Tanks; it is not as if India has the latest generation of Tanks and so no worries.

That doesn't make sense.

My point is ATGMs won't be very useful if you want to stop the IA.

It will, when you read it in the context I posted. Nevertheless, ATGMs would be most useful against advancing Indian Tank Columns. If it wasn't the case, no country would be producing them.

None of those will survive the first day or two. Even the USAF operates with a similar belief in a war against a weaker opponent like China.

The debate is not on number of days the assets would survive, the debate is that Indian Air Force would be depleted to the point of becoming negligible by that time.

IAF considers the F-16 B52 obsolete.

And the IAF does not like the F-16 B70 that LM has offered either. They very much prefer Gripen.
http://idrw.org/why-iaf-chief-wants-gripen-over-american-f-16-and-f-18/
Raha termed Gripen fighter of later generation than F-16 and F-18 and hinted aircraft has better growth prospect than American offer of F-16 and F-18

So IAF considers one of the most potent weapons system in the world obsolete? Right, that makes a lot of sense!!

Let me tell you what really is obsolete, it is the SU-30MKI which emits an RCS larger than a football stadium from 200 km's away!! It is something at which a JF-17 will take a shot and scoot before the SU-30MKI detects the JF-17 and is shot down at BVR.

No chance of that happening.

I guess we will find out in a few years.

You haven't understood my question. Forget proof.

What if PA announces surgical strikes happened?

You mean announce it after calling it a lie for so many months? I would be absolutely disgusted with their lie. But what happens when IA announces that the claim was a lie?

:lol:

That's Pakistani propaganda. IA does not have 600k to 1 million troops in Kashmir. They have 40,000 troops which is called Rashtriya Rifles inside Kashmir's populated regions. And at the borders facing Pakistan the IA has 5 divisions of infantry. Each division has roughly 15000 troops.

Indian_Army_Structure.png

Google the location of the corps headquarters.

The security in Kashmir is mostly provided by either the local state police or the central police. Rashtriya Rifles gets called in when terrorists are involved.

And out comes Wikipedia again......great!

So, according to you India has roughly 125k soldiers posted in occupied Kashmir and along the LoC. Why not round it off to 100k?? or 10k?? or a mere 1k of super soldiers???

By the way, thanks for wasting so much of my time.

The numbers are indeed classified. All Al-Khalid's are locally produced and these alone are capable of taking on advancing Indian Tanks and defend their territory. After all, even India has older generation of Tanks; it is not as if India has the latest generation of Tanks and so no worries.

Imports are not a secret.

India's latest tanks are far ahead compared to what PA operates.

It will, when you read it in the context I posted. Nevertheless, ATGMs would be most useful against advancing Indian Tank Columns. If it wasn't the case, no country would be producing them.

First you need ATGMs that are actually advanced. PA doesn't even have 3rd gen ATGMs.

2nd gen ATGMs won't hurt the T-90s.

The debate is not on number of days the assets would survive, the debate is that Indian Air Force would be depleted to the point of becoming negligible by that time.

The air war will be over in 2 days. IAF expects to finish all major air operations in just a week.

So IAF considers one of the most potent weapons system in the world obsolete? Right, that makes a lot of sense!!

Yes. Even the USAF calls the F-16 a "legacy aircraft". That's another word for "obsolete".

The whole world now considers the F-16 as a jet from a bygone era.

You mean announce it after calling it a lie for so many months? I would be absolutely disgusted with their lie. But what happens when IA announces that the claim was a lie?

It's not a lie, but that discussion is for another time. Our army is not a political organization, so they have no reason to lie.

Your own political leaders will reveal the truth in time. Like Nawaz Sharif did with Kargil War.

And out comes Wikipedia again......great!

That's IA's official orbat.

So, according to you India has roughly 125k soldiers posted in occupied Kashmir and along the LoC. Why not round it off to 100k?? or 10k?? or a mere 1k of super soldiers???

Stop reading Pakistani media.

By the way, thanks for wasting so much of my time.

In India, getting an education is never a waste of time. It's the student who wastes the teacher's time. But I'm not surprised that's how it is in Pakistan.

Imports are not a secret.

India's latest tanks are far ahead compared to what PA operates.

X is better than Y and Y is better than X is all your claims when infact our Al-Khalid is better than anything that India has in its arsenal.

First you need ATGMs that are actually advanced. PA doesn't even have 3rd gen ATGMs.

2nd gen ATGMs won't hurt the T-90s.

Even our second generation ATGM's are too good for Indian Armor. We don't need to take out our advanced ATGMs, they are to counter any subsequent Indian acquisition of foreign Tanks.......ofcourse Arjan is an exception as no ATGM can penetrate it.

The air war will be over in 2 days. IAF expects to finish all major air operations in just a week.

Is that why it is so desperate to procure hundreds of Rafale and other foreign fighters, that IAF is afraid any conflict with PAF would be the end of IAF within just a week? That does make sense, surprisingly I wasn't expect this from you.

Yes. Even the USAF calls the F-16 a "legacy aircraft". That's another word for "obsolete".

The whole world now considers the F-16 as a jet from a bygone era.

The same USAF can prove IAF and all its fighters obsolete with just the F-22's. On the other hand, LM is still getting orders for F-16's which can run circles around any latest Jet in IAF inventory any day.

It's not a lie, but that discussion is for another time. Our army is not a political organization, so they have no reason to lie.

Your own political leaders will reveal the truth in time. Like Nawaz Sharif did with Kargil War.

Like the peaks that we are still holding at Kargil? or like the fact that Indian Military with 35k soldiers and IAF with 10+ squadrons could not retake all the peaks at Kargil as of today? or that Indian Military dared not cross an inch of LoC despite amassing almost a million troops at our border in 2002???? Big talk from Indians with bruised egos, and that is understandable because a 7 times smaller country is rubbing a so called super power aspirant's nose in the dust day in and day out.

That's IA's official orbat.

Does nothing to prove where exactly the Indian Military is deployed.

Stop reading Pakistani media.

That was not from any Pakistani media but from your quote. Forgot your lie so soon?

In India, getting an education is never a waste of time. It's the student who wastes the teacher's time. But I'm not surprised that's how it is in Pakistan.

Fictional stories, that too with no moral thoughts, can only entertain and their propagator can only be considered an entertainer. However, when the same fictional stories are nonsense, one only gets a sense of waste of his precious time.......and you continue to waste my precious time with nonsense.

Anyway, now that I have proved beyond doubt that Indian Military has no stomach to take on Pakistan Military on Pakistani soil, I will not be responding to any more of your fictional stories. The only way to prove me wrong is to cross the border.......if your forces dare :)

X is better than Y and Y is better than X is all your claims when infact our Al-Khalid is better than anything that India has in its arsenal.

Even our second generation ATGM's are too good for Indian Armor. We don't need to take out our advanced ATGMs, they are to counter any subsequent Indian acquisition of foreign Tanks.......ofcourse Arjan is an exception as no ATGM can penetrate it.

Is that why it is so desperate to procure hundreds of Rafale and other foreign fighters, that IAF is afraid any conflict with PAF would be the end of IAF within just a week? That does make sense, surprisingly I wasn't expect this from you.

The same USAF can prove IAF and all its fighters obsolete with just the F-22's. On the other hand, LM is still getting orders for F-16's which can run circles around any latest Jet in IAF inventory any day.

Like the peaks that we are still holding at Kargil? or like the fact that Indian Military with 35k soldiers and IAF with 10+ squadrons could not retake all the peaks at Kargil as of today? or that Indian Military dared not cross an inch of LoC despite amassing almost a million troops at our border in 2002???? Big talk from Indians with bruised egos, and that is understandable because a 7 times smaller country is rubbing a so called super power aspirant's nose in the dust day in and day out.

Does nothing to prove where exactly the Indian Military is deployed.

That was not from any Pakistani media but from your quote. Forgot your lie so soon?

Fictional stories, that too with no moral thoughts, can only entertain and their propagator can only be considered an entertainer. However, when the same fictional stories are nonsense, one only gets a sense of waste of his precious time.......and you continue to waste my precious time with nonsense.

Anyway, now that I have proved beyond doubt that Indian Military has no stomach to take on Pakistan Military on Pakistani soil, I will not be responding to any more of your fictional stories. The only way to prove me wrong is to cross the border.......if your forces dare :)

Another lost case.

Back
Top Bottom