What's new

Why I wear a Burqa: Burqa gives protection and respect

Status
Not open for further replies.
shukla why don't you do something, try wearing something exposing and spend a day with the beggars and below-the-poverty-line people of mumbai, i'll see how secure you would feel by the end of the day.

Whatever made you think that you were making a very smart reply and a valuable contributing to the argument, dont let that feeling enter you while you appear for you class sixth examinaion.

Beggers and poor people expose to appear HOT and seduce people it seems you want to interpret this. Or do you want to make fun of poor people in Mumbai / rest of India.

If you want to know then I have done charitable work for poors in Delhi and I am active member of an NGO "universal smile life charitable foundation" based in Tamil Nadu and working for poor kids across India. These kids are as innocent and as smart as any other kid. So please refrain from drawing then into a stupid debate about whether to wear burkha or not. I know very well about their plight and that is one of the reason I personally never deny of problems within India.

On the topic of Debate, I just want to say I dont think you should force or even convince others to wear a Burkha. Are there are only two dresses in the world Namely Burkha and Bikini? NO There are several inbetween and those are the once generally worn by women in subcontinent.

I think women are smart enough to decide for themselves what they do and dont want to wear. I dont think they are too naive to understand what is the right attire for any occasion. No one can restrict / allow any uniform for them. Let them decide for themselves. Noone needs to preach them about dresscode in our society.

Do you honestly think women here in subcontinent who are well aware of Law and order situation and ground realities of our cities will wear a bikini when they go to a shopping mall if they are given freedom of choice?

Do you think women are stupid and pervertic to try and knowingly seduce every man on a street??

Such mindset only depicts the sexual frustration prevelant n a society.

I beg to disagree and to support that I provided the argument that in most Rape cases the victim is known to the aggressor.

On the contrary, in most rape cases, the rapist rapes someone due to the sudden outburst of lust caused by the victim's intentional or unintentional seducing or provocation. Its bitter truth for those women who prefer vulgarism and nudity for a supposedly self upfiftment.

By the manner in which you speak, god forbid if you ever came to Europe you'd be on a Raping Spree.

Just one word answer, I am not a loose character.
I would rather shut my eyes or just ignore visiting such HIV infected sexually perverted places.

On the contrary, in most rape cases, the rapist rapes someone due to the sudden outburst of lust caused by the victim's intentional or unintentional seducing or provocation. Its bitter truth for those women who prefer vulgarism and nudity for a supposedly self upfiftment.
I am not going to mince words Mr Communist but your utterance is absolute tripe!!
And for the record, I’d be very afraid to be alone in a room with the likes of you.

I am not going to mince words Mr Communist but your utterance is absolute tripe!!
And for the record, I’d be very afraid to be alone in a room with the likes of you.

Please sister, do not misunderstand me and please do not fall a prey to the Chankya diplomacy Indian members are exercising.

Indian members please learn to respect an individual's character. It seems that when you lose all your arguments, you attack the individual by pulling his leg as usual.

In Egypt, Some Women Say That Veils Increase Harassment - washingtonpost.com

...Surprisingly, some Egyptian women say that their veils don't protect against harassment, as the lollipop ads argue, but fuel it. A survey released this summer supports the view.

"These guys are animals. If they saw a female dog, they would harass it," Hind Sayed, a 20-year-old sidewalk vendor in Cairo's Mohandisseen district, said, staring coldly at a knot of male vendors who stood grinning a few feet from her.

In accord with her interpretation of Islamic law, which says women should dress modestly, Sayed wore a flowing black robe and black veil. Together, they covered all but her hands and her pale face with its drawn-on, expressive eyebrows. Despite her attire, Sayed said, she daily endures suggestive comments from male customers and fellow vendors.

"I think a woman who wears hijab can be more provocative to them," Sayed said. "The more covered up you are, the more interesting you are to them."

Zuhair Mohammed, a 60-year-old shopper on the same street, said she long ago stopped wearing the traditional Islamic covering, in part for that reason.

"I feel like with the hijab, it makes them wonder, 'What are you hiding underneath?' " Mohammed said.

While both men and women surveyed said that short skirts and tight clothes triggered harassment, the survey found that women in hijab were the most frequent targets of unwanted comments and touching on the street.

Among Egyptian women, 72 percent of those who described incidents of harassment said they were veiled at the time.

My comments - lessons for Project Tiger - lets make tigers wear kevlar vests instead of stopping the criminal hunters.

In Egypt, Some Women Say That Veils Increase Harassment - washingtonpost.com

...Surprisingly, some Egyptian women say that their veils don't protect against harassment, as the lollipop ads argue, but fuel it. A survey released this summer supports the view.

"These guys are animals. If they saw a female dog, they would harass it," Hind Sayed, a 20-year-old sidewalk vendor in Cairo's Mohandisseen district, said, staring coldly at a knot of male vendors who stood grinning a few feet from her.

In accord with her interpretation of Islamic law, which says women should dress modestly, Sayed wore a flowing black robe and black veil. Together, they covered all but her hands and her pale face with its drawn-on, expressive eyebrows. Despite her attire, Sayed said, she daily endures suggestive comments from male customers and fellow vendors.

"I think a woman who wears hijab can be more provocative to them," Sayed said. "The more covered up you are, the more interesting you are to them."

Zuhair Mohammed, a 60-year-old shopper on the same street, said she long ago stopped wearing the traditional Islamic covering, in part for that reason.

"I feel like with the hijab, it makes them wonder, 'What are you hiding underneath?' " Mohammed said.

While both men and women surveyed said that short skirts and tight clothes triggered harassment, the survey found that women in hijab were the most frequent targets of unwanted comments and touching on the street.

Among Egyptian women, 72 percent of those who described incidents of harassment said they were veiled at the time.

My comments - lessons for Project Tiger - lets make tigers wear kevlar vests instead of stopping the criminal hunters.

^ ^ ^

US multinational jeans company like Levis sponsored propaganda.

I never said, law and order should favor males only as you wanted to say by your proposed Tiger Project. All I said was in favor of a decent and civic dressing sense and its validity in a civilized society.

Indian members please learn to respect an individual's character. It seems that when you lose all your arguments, you attack the individual by pulling his leg as usual.
This is coming from a person, who groups up every Indian, into a stereotypical monster-being.Dude, You are the one who needs to learn to respect not us.

Please sister, do not misunderstand me and please do not fall a prey to the Chankya diplomacy Indian members are exercising.

Again, its you again whose using the 'Chankya diplomacy'! You dont even have the ball s to declare your own country, wtf are you ranting abut?

Haha..Bang On! :yahoo:

:rolleyes:
What's with you and Chanakya? When ever you are under the gun, Chanakya pops up in your comments. You are may be too afraid to be proven wrong. If you are so obbsessed with him, buy his picture and hang it on the wall.

What Communist wear Burqa??!!
Weird.

No Communist does not. Communist is just speaking on behalf of his sisters.

A man is a natural protector of his community's sisters. The man should perform his duty well.

Its a known fact that there are gay rapists too, not only in prison, but on the streets. hence communist must wear burkha.

Also, there are paedophiles in society too, hence all children 2 months and older must wear burkha, otherwise they deserve whats coming their way. their nudity must indeed be provocative to paedophiles, these babies are getting all immoral.

Let me determine who actually is losing the argument and who has statistically backed up with correct information.

You stated:

whereas:

Rape - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
One factor relating to this is misconception that most rapes are committed by strangers.[63] In reality, according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, 38% of victims were raped by a friend or acquaintance, 28% by "an intimate" and 7% by another relative, and 26% were committed by a stranger to the victim. About four out of ten sexual assaults take place at the victim's own home.[64]

From a very neutral and reliable source which supports the arguments (and does not promote Levis) that almost 70% of such crimes are commited by people known to the victim.

Also it states that:
There is no single theory that conclusively explains the motivation for rape; the motives of rapists can be multi-factorial and are subject to debate. Conventional wisdom holds that three primary emotions motivate rapists: anger, power and sadism. However, sexual gratification and evolutionary pressures are also theorized as factors.

I dont see kind of clothing listed as any of the motivations.

I simply mentioned that let the wemen decide for themselves. Who am I or you to tell them what to wear. Do you want to imply that women are not capable or smart enough to make a deceion regarding their clothings? It is you who is suggesting that women provide "intentional or unintentional seducing or provocation" for Rape suggesting that they want to be raped.

This mentality resonates well with those who punish the female on being raped and perceive that its their fault that they were Raped.

PS: My replies are very blunt and direct and not hidden behind any diplomacy Chanakyan or Chechenyan.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom