What's new

Why I as a Pakistani hate American Govt

Mr change. Did change something. Major taliban leaders are now ******* in hell.
If pak govt took care of taliban on their side of border there would be no need for drones.

Pak govt openly supported and promoted this evil empire. ......................

That is WRONG.

Pakistan is a victim of what happened in next door Afghanistan when USSR was defeated.

USA gets part of the blame too for abandoning the region so suddenly back then; Pakistan itself gets part of the blame for allowing its own socioeconomic problems to fester to the point that seeds of terrorism blown across the Durand Line found fertile ground on this side too.

Both need to work together to solve this complex problem.

thanks guys,

debate within limits..

@Vcheng... enough already mate ... this WoT has to end .. you wont want it in America so why drone strikes are justified if target are us? OBL is gone. AQ is shattered. job done.

If there are indeed confirmed high value targets then send in special forces via helicopters to ensure the kill or capture. No collateral damage and the kill is ensured too due to pin point attack. And the level of training and resourcefulness of the US forces means that there is no place on earth that is impossible for them.

@Neutral our political leadership “agreed2 to these attacks with uncle Sam’s gun on its temple. This WoT was forced upon us. We didn’t sign to have our 35000 people killed. If you are struggling to sympathise with us then consider this happening to say Australians or Norwegians, even if our government made a bad decesion then that doesn’t justify the collateral damage does it? Why you advise us to accept it as fate? Compare that to the emotional speeches by Hilary and the European leadership about the violence in Syria. Looks like by the time West is done sympathising there is nothing much left for the people living under the drone fights who had no say about the 911 and OBLs decision to live among us.

I know you guys are having debate of giving police water canons and rubber bullets to use against riots and the majority is against it. Despite the damage and threats to life the yobs caused. But it seems that killing 10 civilians for 1 terrorist per drone strike is very much acceptable to you guys.
This is the kind of mindless and attitude of the west and its supporters that is used by the terrorists to justify their actions.

And when the deaths of the innocents occur due to this madness, the dying victim doesn’t really care if he died because of a dirty bomb (or improvised bomb for argument sake) from a wild eyed bearded fanatic who was very poor in self hygiene but full of conviction. Or if he died because of a “smart bomb” dropped from 20k feet up from a very well groomed clean-shaven Jesus fearing , rock music loving westerner. The effects of both are same , deaths of the innocent

@Vcheng... enough already mate ... this WoT has to end .. you wont want it in America so why drone strikes are justified if target are us? OBL is gone. AQ is shattered. job done.

If there are indeed confirmed high value targets then send in special forces via helicopters to ensure the kill or capture. No collateral damage and the kill is ensured too due to pin point attack. And the level of training and resourcefulness of the US forces means that there is no place on earth that is impossible for them.

The theater operations in WoT are indeed winding down. I agree with the tactics that you point out, but the targets are crafty enough to ensure a civilian shield around themselves, thereby trying to ensure that the civilian casualties continue to be incurred whether the attack is done remotely by drones or directly by SpecialOps.

My fear is that, due to the socioeconomic conditions and governance on the Pakistani side deteriorating steadily, a low level civilian conflict within Pakistan may ensue. So how does WoT end then, when Pakistan may have to not only deal with it all by itself, but also with a regional power next door actively trying to settle past scores, without USA persuading it to hold back?

That is why I continue to argue for the US role as a partner in the WoT to Pakistan, not because I am blinded by the red white and blue colors.

Blame the Pakistani Government first and foremost, you can aim your anger at America all day long but the reason the drone attacks even began is because the Government secretly approves them even provides certain targets when needed. Though I'm betting the acceptance of the drone program came with the string of "aid money", and Government considering their nature they accepted. It's not just elected Government, remember the drone program began under Musharraf he Pakistan's number one military man at the time Leader of the armed Jawans and Shers first accepted the drone program, shamefully. No doubt he was seriously pressured probably even threatened by the US that Pakistan could face limited military action and surgical strikes. There are other things I can say here but they are far too embarrassing to be revealed to the public.

Innocent people die in wars. I am quite sure that the Americans are not the only country to do so. It is very sad and regrettable but the Americans are fighting for a good cause.

Innocent people die in wars. I am quite sure that the Americans are not the only country to do so. It is very sad and regrettable but the Americans are fighting for a good cause.

Merely having a good cause is NO reason to do the job without finesse, which is clearly needed in the case of using drones.

Merely having a good cause is NO reason to do the job without finesse, which is clearly needed in the case of using drones.
Of course, but the Americans are not doing this on purpose. Of course they should try and cut down on this sort of thing.
The US's military is far more active than any others so maybe that is why the most mistakes occur? I have no doubt that they have amongst the best trained troops in the world.

Of course, but the Americans are not doing this on purpose. Of course they should try and cut down on this sort of thing.
The US's military is far more active than any others so maybe that is why the most mistakes occur? I have no doubt that they have amongst the best trained troops in the world.

I agree with what you say here; however, my point is that finessing the job at hand better would deliver greater dividends not only for the military but overall policy as well.

How many people here agree that Musharraf should be tried for treason and hanged in Pakistan?

Blame the Pakistani Government first and foremost, you can aim your anger at America all day long but the reason the drone attacks even began is because the Government secretly approves them even provides certain targets when needed. Though I'm betting the acceptance of the drone program came with the string of "aid money", and Government considering their nature they accepted. It's not just elected Government, remember the drone program began under Musharraf he Pakistan's number one military man at the time Leader of the armed Jawans and Shers first accepted the drone program, shamefully. No doubt he was seriously pressured probably even threatened by the US that Pakistan could face limited military action and surgical strikes. There are other things I can say here but they are far too embarrassing to be revealed to the public.

Absolutely.

Musharaf along with Zardari both should be tried in courts and hanged for the sake of Sanity in Pakistan. Seriously. These nefarious traitors sold Pakistan for peanuts.

We need to make a history in Pakistan by punishing traitors, if we dont hang traitors, what kind of message will be given to the next generations?

Killing a figurehead now and then achieves nothing: look at both Bhutto and Zia as examples. It is the SYSTEM that is the problem, not the figureheads.

Killing a figurehead now and then achieves nothing: look at both Bhutto and Zia as examples. It is the SYSTEM that is the problem, not the figureheads.
Figureheads are symbols that represent certain interests and historical phenomenon. Mushy will always be remembered as an American agent that singehandedly sold the country for peanuts.

Therefore by eliminating the figureheads no one in the system would dare treading that line within again. Otherwise no lessons will be learned, and system would produce only worse results in the next generation

Therefore by eliminating the figureheads no one in the system would dare treading that line within again. Otherwise no lessons will be learned, and system would produce only worse results in the next generation

Your line of reasoning is too simplistic to be applicable in real life, given the many headed monster that is the present system in Pakistan.

If Vchengs own family gets blown coz 1 terrorist is hidding in his neighbourhood... i bet this apologist traitor wouldnt sing like a canary in defence of usa.

Back
Top Bottom