What's new

Why have most journalists turned against Imran khan?

IMHO we're confusing "journalist" with "news anchor" and "talking head."

It seems that the news anchors and talking heads have issues with IK, and that's not surprising.

These folks aren't generally educated in economics, politics, public policy, etc, so you can't expect them to offer strong, evidence-backed perspectives on these issues as journalists should.

If you take me as the bare minimum of what a journalist could be in Pakistan, then you're probably talking about -- at best -- 10-12 influential individuals. Most of them are neutral about IK because they understand how bad AZ and NS actually are, but there are a couple (e.g., Ayesha Siddiqa) who have an axe to grind with the armed forces leadership. However, a journalist who is worth their salt isn't going to waste time on politics, they understand the bigger issues (e.g., structural corruption, generally bad policymaking across institutions, etc) at play, and know full well that PML and PPP are part of the problem.

Now if we're talking about talking heads and tabloid-level press opinions, then those guys are generally uninformed and biased everywhere you go. Unfortunately in Pakistan, we give these people more credence than they deserve.
LoL

Difference between the vision, approach and conduct of two prime ministers.

View attachment 723794

Shahid Masood and other lifafa's might've liked it if the program was aimed at their bank accounts.

Journalists and the Media in general have an axe to grind against the government because there aren't full page advertisements plastered with the Ganja brothers faces every day.

I once had a chuckle out of a person (no I don't feel guilty about it) who came to our office for replenishing our water bottles some time after IK won the election. This guy was so full of poison for IK. I asked him why he is so full of anguish and his sob story was that he was a media house employee and times were good when Nawaz was in power. Since IK came into power not a dime has been given to the media houses and they aren't getting paid in return.

I was like good, don't breed.

If your business model depends on the government giving you business, maybe you shouldn't be running that business at all.

LOL

this is the same Michael Kugelman

in 2019, around 1.5 years after Imran Khan became PM

" Pakistan’s main economic storyline in 2019 was austerity. Islamabad implemented belt-tightening measures to ease a balance of payments crisis"

this was done by your chacha Sharif and Ishaq Dar.

the same Michael Kugelman again in 2018, mere months after Imran Khan became PM

"The main challenges will be domestic: Above all, there is an economic crisis that has precipitated a balance of payments crisis and plunging falling reserves."

but none of this is a big deal, right? just keep calm and trust the fuc*king sharifs and dar

maryam nawaz.gif

Last edited:
OK forget media . For few minutes, sit on any shop in Lahore. Like low level Barbar shop or fruit or vegetables shop and ask them what they think about Imran Khan.
People literally cry. And not sure you have seen what Lahore has become regarding waste collection. Simple point is that governance and administration has gone totally non existent. Everything is put in hands of bureaucracy. That man Azam Khan is the culprit but he is only filling vaccum left due to incompetency of govt. And the way he is filling that vaccum is not doing any good to govt.
Why PMLN Lahore mayor is not working?

looks like you have gajni syndrome to forget everything that happened.

Case was in court,
Court asked if govt guranttee that nawaz will not die
Court asked to sign paper from shahbaz sharif that he will return
court gave order to let go of nawaz sharif

not all are like you who forgets everything.

Who's got dementia?

Imran Khan has no choice when decisions are made above his pay grade. Establishment agreed with Imran Khan and blocking Nani’s exit.
Establishment play games and we all know those. Establishment made a deal with PPP and miscalculated the Karachi population Mardam Shumari (Census) which is close to 30 millions. No political party is talking about it, have you heard anything from PTI, PPP, PMLN, Ji and MQM?
Establishment is giving relief to Zaradari and his cases will be moved to Karachi where he has already bought the judges.

A man who comes to power based on merit and popular support cannot be played by the establishment. You are indirectly conceding the point that Imran Khan is selected, not elected. How shameful!

Who's got dementia?

A man who comes to power based on merit and popular support cannot be played by the establishment. You are indirectly conceding the point that Imran Khan is selected, not elected. How shameful!
I dont need url its for guys like you. Almost all pdf along with pakistan have witnees the videos what court is saying media was active you can search in this forum as well whslat happened lots guys also posted. so you can beleif some random abc url

Here's the clip.
Again, when someone lacks basic decency and ridicules the Prime Minister distributing food to the needy, it reflects extremely poorly on their character.

Also, what aspect of the austerity measures is being undermined so long as the parties and dinners are being paid for by party and/or private funds and not taxpayer money.

I remind you once again of the lavishness and waste that the Sharifs engaged in - flying in their favorite meals from other cities on government helicopters with Taxpayer money.

Well, Dr Shahid Masood's sarcasm is perfectly valid, because I am quite sure many people are going hungry in Pakistan even after Imran Khan's announcement. Everyone now understands that this man makes tall promises that he cannot keep. The sarcasm isn't against the idea of feeding people, the sarcasm is targeted at Imran Khan's hypocrisy and duplicity.

So what I have gathered so far, the anchors and media personnel have turned against Imran Khan because they are not getting bribes/lifafas/favours etc., which they were getting from the 'Corrupt Governments' before IK.

But, what caused all of the same anchors and media personnel to support IK and be his 'staunch' supporters when they were getting bribes/lifafas/favours from the corrupt Governments?

Basically, as per PTI definition, all the the anchors/media personnel/Pakistanis, whomever actually is against the current Government and/or IK, is a lifafa lover, are corrupt or paindoo/patwari or a PPP/PML supporter.

Shahid Masood and other lifafa's might've liked it if the program was aimed at their bank accounts.

Journalists and the Media in general have an axe to grind against the government because there aren't full page advertisements plastered with the Ganja brothers faces every day.

I once had a chuckle out of a person (no I don't feel guilty about it) who came to our office for replenishing our water bottles some time after IK won the election. This guy was so full of poison for IK. I asked him why he is so full of anguish and his sob story was that he was a media house employee and times were good when Nawaz was in power. Since IK came into power not a dime has been given to the media houses and they aren't getting paid in return.

I was like good, don't breed.

If your business model depends on the government giving you business, maybe you shouldn't be running that business at all.
Kindly dont marged oranges with apples & dont point up your fingers on Dr Shahid madood he is the only on most popular & fine jurnalists in all there dirty eggs...

I dont need url its for guys like you. Almost all pdf along with pakistan have witnees the videos what court is saying media was active you can search in this forum as well whslat happened lots guys also posted. so you can beleif some random abc url

The link is for your short memory. Don't start living in a parallel world if your beloved leader turned out to be an embarrassment. Instead of blindly following leaders like a zombie, become a leader yourself. Analyze the world around you, make informed decisions and judgements, and encourage others to do the same.

So what I have gathered so far, the anchors and media personnel have turned against Imran Khan because they are not getting bribes/lifafas/favours etc., which they were getting from the 'Corrupt Governments' before IK.

But, what caused all of the same anchors and media personnel to support IK and be his 'staunch' supporters when they were getting bribes/lifafas/favours from the corrupt Governments?

Basically, as per PTI definition, all the the anchors/media personnel/Pakistanis, whomever actually is against the current Government and/or IK, is a lifafa lover, are corrupt or paindoo/patwari or a PPP/PML supporter.
It's well known truth that these anchors also admit on tv show

1:15 check yourself or it is also pti supporter lol. Also same guy said let nawaz go so yes these anchors are paid or get something back in return for supporting the parties and they are not neutral.

Back
Top Bottom