What's new

Why Gujarati Muslims are with Modi : By Zafar Sareshwala

gujrat riot was unique in the way it was orchastrated, it has massive casuality, and went on for very long time. Which is why Modi is so special.

1984 anti-Sikh riots, total death-8000 (Gujarat riots-near 1000)

Now you decide which was the most deadliest.

Zafar Sureshwala is Modi's lapdog, his muslim public relations advocate. Man is a traitor to all muslims and should be punished accordingly in the right time. He does not represent all the muslims in the Gujarat.

more traitors????

Why this Muslim-majority town in Gujarat voted for Narendra Modi's BJP

Salaya, Jamnagar: Salem Mohammad Baghaad's resume reveals a history of political promiscuity. The 45-year-old has, at different points in his career as a member of the local corporation in his hometown of Salaya, represented the Congress, the Samata Party and others.

But it is his partnership with the BJP that has delivered the richest returns. Yesterday, Mr Baghaad and 26 other Muslims won their seats in the corporation contesting for the BJP. Narendra Modi's party will, for the first time, govern the local corporation in Salaya, a town where Muslims form 90 percent of the population.

"Honestly, joining the BJP was a tough decision for me," Mr Baghaad says. "But I was confident about myself, about my decision. I knew if I joined hands with Mr Modi, it will mean more benefits for the town and more development."

In 2010, Mr Baghaad and four other Muslims joined the BJP and won the nagarpalika or municipal polls. And suddenly, Salaya had a chance. The party began to pull in more funds for development in the area and Mr Baghaad convinced other Muslims to join.

Chief Minister Narendra Modi, who was re-elected for a fourth term in December, has spent years on an image makeover which makes him identifiable with the development of Gujarat rather than the state's communal riots of 2002, in which more than 1,000 Muslims were killed on his watch. His most extreme critics accuse him of complicity in the riots; others suggest he didn't do enough to stop them. Neither set of allegations have been proved.

For those like Mr Baghaad, doubts about affiliating with the BJP were far outnumbered by the fear of being excluded from Gujarat's development story.

With a population of over 33,000, the town till a decade ago was notorious for smuggling at its small-time port. Other than the anti-terror squad, nobody seemed to be looking out for Salaya. Roads, electricity, water were in short supply. Now, concrete roads, uninterrupted power, streetlights have made dramatic appearances.

"It was like Narendra Modi opened the government coffers for us. Whatever money we wanted for development came flowing in. And it hasn't stopped," Mr Baghaad says.

Link-----> ndtv.com/article/india/why-this-muslim-majority-town-in-gujarat-voted-for-narendra-modi-s-bjp-330383

The blogger is trying to give reasons to the FACT that overwhelming majority of muslims vote for Modi in Gujrat. This throws egg in the face of people who are running like headless chickens saying that Narendra Modi will polarize the votes on community line.

What are you trying to accomplish?

The way the public opinion is now leaning in favour of Narendra Modi is evidence that the majority in India irrespective of their religion have understood is that religion in politics has not brought prosperity. And that my friend would probably be very soon a documented difference between what you think and what we think. Irrespective of our religion.

So as a Muslim you need not be worried. However if you do not like India, as your post are reflecting often, then you must really be worried. Narendra Modi may just bring up a whole different kind of India to sore you :) .

I want a muslim Modi to lead Bangladesh ;).....too bad there is only one Hitler lover Modi :(

more traitors????

Why this Muslim-majority town in Gujarat voted for Narendra Modi's BJP

Salaya, Jamnagar: Salem Mohammad Baghaad's resume reveals a history of political promiscuity. The 45-year-old has, at different points in his career as a member of the local corporation in his hometown of Salaya, represented the Congress, the Samata Party and others.

But it is his partnership with the BJP that has delivered the richest returns. Yesterday, Mr Baghaad and 26 other Muslims won their seats in the corporation contesting for the BJP. Narendra Modi's party will, for the first time, govern the local corporation in Salaya, a town where Muslims form 90 percent of the population.

"Honestly, joining the BJP was a tough decision for me," Mr Baghaad says. "But I was confident about myself, about my decision. I knew if I joined hands with Mr Modi, it will mean more benefits for the town and more development."

In 2010, Mr Baghaad and four other Muslims joined the BJP and won the nagarpalika or municipal polls. And suddenly, Salaya had a chance. The party began to pull in more funds for development in the area and Mr Baghaad convinced other Muslims to join.

Chief Minister Narendra Modi, who was re-elected for a fourth term in December, has spent years on an image makeover which makes him identifiable with the development of Gujarat rather than the state's communal riots of 2002, in which more than 1,000 Muslims were killed on his watch. His most extreme critics accuse him of complicity in the riots; others suggest he didn't do enough to stop them. Neither set of allegations have been proved.

For those like Mr Baghaad, doubts about affiliating with the BJP were far outnumbered by the fear of being excluded from Gujarat's development story.

With a population of over 33,000, the town till a decade ago was notorious for smuggling at its small-time port. Other than the anti-terror squad, nobody seemed to be looking out for Salaya. Roads, electricity, water were in short supply. Now, concrete roads, uninterrupted power, streetlights have made dramatic appearances.

"It was like Narendra Modi opened the government coffers for us. Whatever money we wanted for development came flowing in. And it hasn't stopped," Mr Baghaad says.

Link-----> ndtv.com/article/india/why-this-muslim-majority-town-in-gujarat-voted-for-narendra-modi-s-bjp-330383

massive vote rigging can only answer this question

Rigging in Gujarat civic polls: Congress produces video nailing BJP
DNA | Feb 13, 2013, 06:06AM IST

Article

Email Print Comment

Ahmedabad: Gujarat Congress on Tuesday claimed to have won in 19 of 76 municipalities that went to polls on Sunday, but state election commission (SEC) has credited the party with only nine clear victories. The other 10 were won by independents who supported Congress, claimed the party.

In another controversy, Gujarat Congress has alleged that Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has indulged in mass-scale rigging to win the polls, “as they did in every polls”.

Congress’s allegation is backed by a video they claim has footage of BJP workers breaking the seal of electronic voting machines in Bhachau, Kutch. Congress workers had rushed to the spot, after receiving reports of such activity, and shot the episode. The video, they claim, has been forwarded to SEC.

“There is no way that BJP could’ve won in Bhachau,” said Arjun Modhwadia, president of Gujarat Congress on Tuesday. He lamented that the authorities had turned a blind eye to obvious rigging of EVMs by BJP in every election. “They had no candidate to field in Bhachau. We have caught them red-handed this time, and hope the authorities will take some action,” he added.

Meanwhile, state election commission has postponed counting of votes in Bhachau till further orders. “As per report filed by returning officer (of Bhachau), it was found that several presiding officers had not registered total votes polled in about 14 EVMs before sealing them,” said PS Shah, secretary and in-charge commissioner of SEC.

“These presiding officers had come to know about the mistake when they were preparing reports in the prescribed format. Thus, they broke the seal of EVMs and obtained number of votes polled in each of them and put the number in the report,” said Shah.

“We have asked the district collector to file detailed report about the lapse. Presently, we have stopped the counting till further orders as the detailed report in awaited. SEC will take a decision after looking into the reports,” he added.

Question: Why this Muslim-majority town in Gujarat voted for Narendra Modi's BJP...??

Answer: Very Simple....Because Muslim from Gujarat stopped taking Bull $hit...They got to know the fact....And today they are happiest and developed Muslim in India.

Zafar Sureshwala is Modi's lapdog, his muslim public relations advocate. Man is a traitor to all muslims and should be punished accordingly in the right time. He does not represent all the muslims in the Gujarat.

Please preserve your words for your own country man politicians ….pole valuators will not understand what Gujarat has achieved from last 10 years.

I want a muslim Modi to lead Bangladesh ;).....too bad there is only one Hitler lover Modi :(

massive vote rigging can only answer this question

Rigging in Gujarat civic polls: Congress produces video nailing BJP
DNA | Feb 13, 2013, 06:06AM IST

Article

Email Print Comment

Ahmedabad: Gujarat Congress on Tuesday claimed to have won in 19 of 76 municipalities that went to polls on Sunday, but state election commission (SEC) has credited the party with only nine clear victories. The other 10 were won by independents who supported Congress, claimed the party.

In another controversy, Gujarat Congress has alleged that Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has indulged in mass-scale rigging to win the polls, “as they did in every polls”.

Congress’s allegation is backed by a video they claim has footage of BJP workers breaking the seal of electronic voting machines in Bhachau, Kutch. Congress workers had rushed to the spot, after receiving reports of such activity, and shot the episode. The video, they claim, has been forwarded to SEC.

“There is no way that BJP could’ve won in Bhachau,” said Arjun Modhwadia, president of Gujarat Congress on Tuesday. He lamented that the authorities had turned a blind eye to obvious rigging of EVMs by BJP in every election. “They had no candidate to field in Bhachau. We have caught them red-handed this time, and hope the authorities will take some action,” he added.

Meanwhile, state election commission has postponed counting of votes in Bhachau till further orders. “As per report filed by returning officer (of Bhachau), it was found that several presiding officers had not registered total votes polled in about 14 EVMs before sealing them,” said PS Shah, secretary and in-charge commissioner of SEC.

“These presiding officers had come to know about the mistake when they were preparing reports in the prescribed format. Thus, they broke the seal of EVMs and obtained number of votes polled in each of them and put the number in the report,” said Shah.

“We have asked the district collector to file detailed report about the lapse. Presently, we have stopped the counting till further orders as the detailed report in awaited. SEC will take a decision after looking into the reports,” he added.

Its the 'Election Commission of India' who conducts elections , not Congress. Anyone can come with such baseless allegations.

Please preserve your words for your own country man politicians ….pole valuators will not understand what Gujarat has achieved from last 10 years.

It seems pole vaults have been a weapon of mass destruction in the state of west bengal, tripura and west bengal ;)

Its the 'Election Commission of India' who conducts elections , not Congress. Anyone can come with such baseless allegations.

"video nailing evidence"...read it again....carefully....slowly........thank you.

It seems pole vaults have been a weapon of mass destruction in the state of west bengal, tripura and west bengal ;)

don't worry once modi sits on throne throne of Delhi all these mess will be cleaned in a span of days :devil:

don't worry once modi sits on throne throne of Delhi all these mess will be cleaned in a span of days :devil:

could be, would be, should be, future super power power, will happen....bla bla bla and the Indian Bureaucracy :)

Narendra Modi is " DAMAGED GOODS " and I really don't know if he will ever live down his INACTION during Gujrat Riots ever, no matter how hard his handlers try to white wash that past. Anyway, good luck to him and his supporters.

don't know about all gujju Muslims but members of dawoodi bohra community seems to like him

Back
Top Bottom