What's new

Why does Pakistan name its weapons after people who invaded Pakistan and after Indian kings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
part of freedom movement - we also have a road on bhagat singh i think
now thats a surprise for me.Where is it ? Also, am I wrong in my assumption that Bhagat Singh is historically considered as a terrorist by Pakistan for his role in throwing bombs in Legislative assembly ?

what is your problem ..? what on earth can satisfy you..? you got your answer still you behaving like some unsatisfied b!t(h
Please stay out of this.Not in mood to get down to mud-throwing competition.

I agree that Abdali and Ghaznvi are probably not the right names in the context of personalities but Ghaznavi's name might be proposed because of his repeated attacks on hindu temple somnath with impunity implying that the missile could penetrate the Indian defences with impunity just like Ghaznavi did with Indians.

I agree that Abdali and Ghaznvi are probably not the right names in the context of personalities but Ghaznavi's name might be proposed because of his repeated attacks on hindu temple somnath with impunity implying that the missile could penetrate the Indian defences with impunity just like Ghaznavi did with Indians.

:rofl::pakistan:

You are misreading me probably.I'm saying that while it is fine for you name arsenals after great muslim heroes, there must be some who belonged to the present land of Pakistan.So, naming some missile after them would look good.
well in our recent history besides Quaid e Azam and Allama Iqbal, we don't have anyone who deserves it.:whistle:

mc bc kc and whatever c

Yes you are right, our identity is different. We made yours ancestors slave and left bastard childrens now known as brahmins. Are you happy with our identity now?

Some forum members like you makes me wonder, which history book did you read.

Do enlighten me with your knowledge please.Which of the invaders originated from the present land of Pakistan ?

Muhammad-bin-Qasim ? He was Arab.
Mahmud of Ghazni ? His mother was Persian, hailing from Zabulistan.He himself was based at modern South-East Afghanistan.
Muhammad Ghori ? Ghor province in Afghanistan.
Khilji ? Tughlaq ? Sayyid ? Lodi ? All Turko-Afghans..
Timur ? He is Mongol.
Babur ? He is from Ferghana district of present Uzbekistan, in the southern bordering regions..

Now, do I have to tell you in detail what they did to the present land of Pakistan or you can do at least that much yourself ?

Please consider going back to school.

well in our recent history besides Quaid e Azam and Allama Iqbal, we don't have anyone who deserves it.:whistle:
Fair enough..Abdus Salam is probably a person who should be considered as a national hero of Pakistan along with Jinnah and Iqbal.

Last edited:
We have named our weapons against those who fought for islam and fought against enemies of Islam and Muslims they did Jihad for the sake of ALLAH and his RASOOL SAW

We have named our weapons against those who fought for islam and fought against enemies of Islam and Muslims they did Jihad for the sake of ALLAH and his RASOOL SAW
For it doesn't matter which ethnicity they belong to what matter is they were part of Umat of RASOOL SAW

Now that funny, you mean Sindhis don't look desi. :sarcastic::sarcastic: Anyway, I heard until 1960s, Sindhi Muslims respected Raja Dahir and Chach dynasty until government narrative took hold but still there are many Muslims in Sindh who respect Raja Dahir. ;)

Most of the indians I see around me in germany have faces and skin tone similar to many africans especially like ethopians , are they ethopians then.

I have actually heard Indian people have those as names too.....soo...

Anyway using your logic:

The following are some Pakistani weapons named after historical figures:
  • Al-Khalid MBT, = Word/Name, Arabic. Meaning, "eternal" or "immortal"...I know many people with that name: Arabs, Turks, Persians, Malaysians, Indonesian and even Pakistanis

What Does Name "Abdali" Mean

Powerful and complete

the abdalis (durranis) are one of the largestpashtuntribes of afghanistan, western Pakistan and eastern iran.

If only the real meaning of "ask your doubts, discuss and debate" took shape

On PDF we saw Indians answering on our behalf for everything! Of course the smirk replies are unavoidable! Followed by being a philosopher to a Professor with multiple PhDs on Pakistan!

Had Indians allowed Pakistanis to answer before trowing their limited knowledge in....maybe your post would have made sense! Debates and discussions happen when you actually allow the other side to talk and reply not vomit garbage ..

Babur (Urdu: بابر) (named after the first Mughal Emperor Zahir ud-Din Babur)

Babur (cruise missile) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ghaznavi Missile (Urdu: غزنوی میسایل‎) is a short range ballistic missile (SRBM) with an optimal range of 290 km,[1] produced by Pakistan and named after the 11th century Muslim Turkic conqueror Mahmud of Ghazni.

Ghaznavi (missile) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ghauri: The missile is named after Shahabuddin Muhammad Ghauri

Ghauri (missile) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Germans must be seeing you identical to Scandinavians. :sarcastic::sarcastic:

Also the guy in your avatar looks like my ethopian colleague in the office, accept you guys are predominantly descended from ethopians.

The following are some Pakistani weapons named after historical figures:
I am also curious about the case of Tipu Sultan, the famous tiger of Mysore and, in my opinion, one of the greatest kings in the history of India.

Tipu's case is interesting because his legacy is inexplicably claimed by both India and Pakistan despite of the fact that Tipu only ruled in south India. While Pakistan has named several warships in its navy after Tipu Sultan.
India also commemorates Tipu Sultan, as seen in this commemorative stamp:
stock-photo-india-circa-a-stamp-printed-in-india-shows-image-of-tipu-sultan-circa-78479938.jpg

What is the basis for Pakistan claim on Tipu Sultan?

Now, looking at the list of these weapons and the individuals after whom they were named, one notices several things:

1) Not a single one of these individuals was born within the territory of modern-day Pakistan.
2) None of them even spent most of their life within the territory of modern-day Pakistan.
3) None of them associated with the people or territory of modern-day Pakistan, except as a trophy of conquest.
4) All of them, with the exception of Khalid ibn al-Walid and Tipu Sultan, invaded the territory of modern-day Pakistan and defeated/killed/looted the ancestors of modern-day Pakistanis.

Can you imagine if Greece were to name a weapon after Mehmet the Conqueror, or if Russia named a nuke after Batu Khan? It would seem quite preposterous, to say the least. But in Pakistan no one seems to see the irony of naming the country's most valuable defence assets - which are supposed to protect the country in case of foreign aggression - after people who themselves invaded and conquered the ancestors of modern-day Pakistanis.

amous tiger of Mysore and, in my opinion, one of the greatest kings in the history of South Ind
One things for sure: Tipu himself would be befuddled by both claims. He associated himself with Mysore, and nee around in his lifetime.

:cheesy: so that you Indians get a topic to discuss on PDF along with pissing off .

see simple reason

BTW its good you have linked modern day Pakistan to that historic era now next time dont grin over Pakistani indus valley civilization

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom