What's new

Why does Pakistan name its weapons after people who invaded Pakistan and after Indian kings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, perhaps we are missing the context here.
The reason that I ask this is because you said the missile Hatf was named after the Arabic word for vengeance. It was also the name of Prophet Mohammad's sword.
I am just trying to understand which context was aimed at while naming that missile.It does not make sense to me if it just for that Arab word, since there is no connection between Pakistan and the Arab World.Hence the question.
Muslims believe that all sovereignty belongs to God not to a single nation, so in that case, we don't track our history back to Pakistan, we trace it back to the Muslim roots, which is Arabia

Okay, perhaps we are missing the context here.
The reason that I ask this is because you said the missile Hatf was named after the Arabic word for vengeance. It was also the name of Prophet Mohammad's sword.
I am just trying to understand which context was aimed at while naming that missile.It does not make sense to me if it just for that Arab word, since there is no connection between Pakistan and the Arab World.Hence the question.
In Pakistan many people know few words of Arabic....
The answer could be either...the Arabic word coz after all it is a weapon or Prophet's weapon (which was called something from the Arabic language which has a strong meaning)
Who named what and when and why? How is any of this relevant?

Muslims believe that all sovereignty belongs to God no to a single nation, so in that case, we don't track our history back to Pakistan, we trace it back to the Muslims roots, which is Arabia

Fair enough.My only suggestion would be to trace back roots to Pakistan, including those who belonged to the particular land of present Pakistan as well.For there is no point in denying the fact that we belong to an era of nation state now.

You oppose these names mate?
Even the old rawalpindi general hospital which was not made by PPP was renamed after benazir

these politicians name every thing as if they were part of their legacy

atleast weapons names are on something which unites the nation

Even the old rawalpindi general hospital which was not made by PPP was renamed after benazir

these politicians name every thing as if they were part of their legacy

atleast weapons names are on something which unites the nation

If I'm not mistaken there are many a streets in Islamabad which are named after people who actually belonged to East-Bengal/East Pakistan ?

Fair enough.My only suggestion would be to trace back roots to Pakistan, including those who belonged to the particular land of present Pakistan as well.For there is no point in denying the fact that we belong to an era of nation state now.
I beg to differ, you can ask any muslim in the world, he/she will tell the same as I told you. All sovereignty belongs to Allah SWT, then his Prophet Muhammad SAW, and then the Nation.

I beg to differ, you can ask any muslim in the world, he/she will tell the same as I told you. All sovereignty belongs to Allah SWT, then his Prophet Muhammad SAW, and then the Nation.

You are misreading me probably.I'm saying that while it is fine for you name arsenals after great muslim heroes, there must be some who belonged to the present land of Pakistan.So, naming some missile after them would look good.

thunder and hatf are actually good names -- dont directly point to religion

You are misreading me probably.I'm saying that while it is fine for you name arsenals after great muslim heroes, there must be some who belonged to the present land of Pakistan.So, naming some missile after them would look good.
what is your problem ..? what on earth can satisfy you..? you got your answer still you behaving like some unsatisfied b!t(h

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom