What's new

Why does Pakistan name its weapons after people who invaded Pakistan and after Indian kings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
People make too big of a deal out of this

But It does not mean that we could not have fun at expense of our inferiority complex central Neighbors.

People have a duty to derive perverse pleasure from Pakistanis who idolize their looters.

Ghaznavi had marginal effect on India as whole but was a devastating plague for Pakistanis. It is beyond humour that Pakis consider Ghaznavi as their own.

I once saw some Pakistani movie where a Pakistani guy was abusing two Indian guys(one Hindu and another Sikh) that how his greatest ancestor Muhammad Bin Qasim(of Arab Pakistanis) humiliated the ancestors of Indians, Raja Dahir(a native Sindhi King of Sindh in Pakistan). :rofl::rofl::rofl:

The people living in sindh are not the same as those living in 8th century, a lot of water has flown under the bridge since then.

Man the number of trolls who watch our movie is amazing didnt know Lollywood (before 2010s coz what you are refering to my guess is before 2010) with their patha wa speaker voice, terrible colouring was an all time fav for Indians! Life really must be miserable in India to have to watch such movies...I till date prob only watched 1 Pakistani movie!

Its difficult watching with those things but content of Pakistani movies are awesome, better than comedy circus. :sarcastic::sarcastic:

If only the real meaning of "ask your doubts, discuss and debate" took shape

On PDF we saw Indians answering on our behalf for everything! Of course the smirk replies are unavoidable! Followed by being a philosopher to a Professor with multiple PhDs on Pakistan!

Had Indians allowed Pakistanis to answer before trowing their limited knowledge in....maybe your post would have made sense! Debates and discussions happen when you actually allow the other side to talk and reply not vomit garbage ..
Firstly,do not generalize. Trollers are there on both sides. You can have genuine discussions with sensible members all time,whom are present in both sides.

Firstly,do not generalize. Trollers are there on both sides. You can have genuine discussions with sensible members all time,whom are present in both sides.
I tried many times....Most of the time I got troll replies or the thread became infested enough to be closed down!

then how come you named your Prithvi missile after a looter and plunderer, who got the shit beaten out of him by an Afghan invader?

Prithvi = Earth
Agni = Fire
Aksah = Sky or Ether or Air

See the pattern there ?

You dont need to see far who is what and who starts what! Take this thread as an example:
On page 1 itself starting from post 6 Indians have started to try to behave as Pakistanis and reply on our behalf...Post 6 and 15 whatever you answer you get rubbish like post 9, 11!

The people living in sindh are not the same as those living in 8th century, a lot of water has flown under the bridge since then.

Now that funny, you mean Sindhis don't look desi. :sarcastic::sarcastic: Anyway, I heard until 1960s, Sindhi Muslims respected Raja Dahir and Chach dynasty until government narrative took hold but still there are many Muslims in Sindh who respect Raja Dahir. ;)

I once saw some Pakistani movie where a Pakistani guy was abusing two Indian guys(one Hindu and another Sikh) that how his greatest ancestor Muhammad Bin Qasim(of Arab Pakistanis) humiliated the ancestors of Indians, Raja Dahir(a native Sindhi King of Sindh in Pakistan). :rofl::rofl::rofl:
Yes, a pretty old movie by today's standards. Hilarious nevertheless. :omghaha:

The following are some Pakistani weapons named after historical figures:
I am also curious about the case of Tipu Sultan, the famous tiger of Mysore and, in my opinion, one of the greatest kings in the history of India.

Tipu's case is interesting because his legacy is inexplicably claimed by both India and Pakistan despite of the fact that Tipu only ruled in south India. While Pakistan has named several warships in its navy after Tipu Sultan.
India also commemorates Tipu Sultan, as seen in this commemorative stamp:
stock-photo-india-circa-a-stamp-printed-in-india-shows-image-of-tipu-sultan-circa-78479938.jpg

What is the basis for Pakistan claim on Tipu Sultan?

Now, looking at the list of these weapons and the individuals after whom they were named, one notices several things:

1) Not a single one of these individuals was born within the territory of modern-day Pakistan.
2) None of them even spent most of their life within the territory of modern-day Pakistan.
3) None of them associated with the people or territory of modern-day Pakistan, except as a trophy of conquest.
4) All of them, with the exception of Khalid ibn al-Walid and Tipu Sultan, invaded the territory of modern-day Pakistan and defeated/killed/looted the ancestors of modern-day Pakistanis.

Can you imagine if Greece were to name a weapon after Mehmet the Conqueror, or if Russia named a nuke after Batu Khan? It would seem quite preposterous, to say the least. But in Pakistan no one seems to see the irony of naming the country's most valuable defence assets - which are supposed to protect the country in case of foreign aggression - after people who themselves invaded and conquered the ancestors of modern-day Pakistanis.

famous tiger of Mysore and, in my opinion, one of the greatest kings in the history of South Ind
One thing is for sure: Tipu himself would be befuddled by both claims. He associated himself with Mysore, and nee around in his lifetime.
Once again the Indian K-9 unit of PDF doesn't know how to mind their own business!!!:rofl:

I fail to see any reasoning behind such a question!
Okay, perhaps we are missing the context here.
The reason that I ask this is because you said the missile Hatf was named after the Arabic word for vengeance. It was also the name of Prophet Mohammad's sword.
I am just trying to understand which context was aimed at while naming that missile.It does not make sense to me if it just for that Arab word, since there is no connection between Pakistan and the Arab World.Hence the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom