What's new

Why does India still play second fiddle to China? | The Telegraph

When half the population of India don't have access to basic sanitation, it becomes a humanitarian crisis that's an international problem.

You know about India's problems because we are open to the world's scrutiny. There was a horrific blast in Tianjin a few months back. It was covered up as if nothing happened. Human tragedies get more attention even in sub-Saharan Africa. It seems Chinese lives have no value.

The British didn't have to control the Chinese. They just got them hooked on to opium. After that the Chinese willingly opened their doors just to get high.

So the Soviets thought, until they were no more. Today the stump that they left behind limps along, with delusions of grandeur past. China's fate will be similar, make no mistake.

You sound like Gordon Chang there. And how accurate is Mr Chang?

I want to see Indians get access to basic sanitation and removal of caste system. I don't want to see Indian lives given no value.

And I want Chinese people to elect their own government instead of being run like lifeless puppets by their CPC masters. I don't want the right of Chinese people to have a government of their own wish given no value.

You sound like Gordon Chang there. And how accurate is Mr Chang?

You mean about the bad debt situation/stock market collapse/real estate bubble/infrastructure bubble etc.? I think he is pretty accurate. Things take time. We are patient.

And I want Chinese people to elect their own government instead of being run like lifeless puppets by their CPC masters. I don't want the right of Chinese people to have a government of their own wish given no value.

You mean about the bad debt situation/stock market collapse/real estate bubble/infrastructure bubble etc.? I think he is pretty accurate. Things take time. We are patient.

Things do take time. But I would bet that India would be the next country to split up as Britain no longer control India. Indians would be better split up. India represents the whole is inferior to the sum of the parts.

I'm very happy with the job CPC is doing. They give us basic sanitation. Sanitation is a luxury for some countries. I'm thankful we don't have caste systems.

Things do take time. But I would bet that India would be the next country to split up as Britain no longer control India. Indians would be better split up. India represents the whole is inferior to the sum of the parts.

Very true.

2012 superpower and white servants by 2030?
Do you agree with this assessment made by your president and your fellow 'Indians'?

But they do not give you the right to decide who has power over your life. That is not a luxury, but a necessity. Without that, we barely qualify as humans.

I'm happy we don't have caste systems. Pretty awful being born to a low caste and cannot progress due to caste. Aren't Dalits humans?

You should know about the allure of British Rule. almost 20 years after they left Hong Kong it still refuses to be a part of China. That must really impress the Chinese.

I'm happy we don't have caste systems. Pretty awful being born to a low caste and cannot progress due to caste. Aren't Dalits humans?

I am happy that India does not have the equivalent of Han supremacy. The Han Chinese have eradicated all visible traces of the minorities that exist within China to the extent that many people do not even know that minorities exist within China. Aren't non-Han Chinese humans?

Shocking news...:o:
I think they aren't the best even in cricket although they spend so many time and money in that colonial game.

India has a historic defeat deficit to Pakistan, Australia, South Africa, England, West Indies basically most of the main historic Test sides lol (There's 10 of them) . The only teams that they have victory ratio higher are Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and new zealand (barely), Zimbabwe. These 10 are the main cricketing nations (Test) .
So out of the main 10 cricketing nations they have historically been dominated by 5 and only defeated 4 (2 of whom were just recently allowed to play tests).
Record with Pakistan:

One-day format: Played 127, Pakistan won 72, India 51
Test format: Played 60, Pakistan won 12, India 9 while the rest were drawn.

Btw I personally believe that Pakistan needs to improve in sports too. We have historically been superpowers in Squash, Field Hockey but we need more emphasis on athletics etc. Interestingly we single-handedly dominated squash for decades but yeah our sports need diversification

Your statement clears a doubt I had for long time.

How did the China united under Qing dynasty which was at it greatest size by territory get subjugated by British in 2 decades and by 2 wars.

Qing dynasty - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Unlike the Mysore kingdom 1/64th size of the Qing dynasty put up 4 wars with the British and even managed a victory and a stalemate.

Anglo-Mysore Wars - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Must have been some potent opium there :D

There was clearly a Mysore kingdom. It was absorbed by the British. So was the Maratha kingdom, Sihk empire, etc. These all were defeated by Britain and united into one land called India. Modern India inherited from British India.

Thanks for reminding the forum that Britain created India.

Back
Top Bottom