What's new

Why do people believe the Universe has no purpose/cause?

I believe the heavens are the dimensions of the Universe, it's not Paradise. We believe Paradise is not in our Universe nor do we believe God is nor do we believe he is a man/figure.

It is amazing, which is why I spent a lot of my personal time reading about our Universe but I have lots of learning to go still.

If we had evidence of God what would the point of life be?

You said heavens and the dimensions of the universe, i.e the dimensions of the universe and heaven are the same. But heaven is not in the universe at the same time?

May I ask what reading you do? I hope you entertain possibility that you're wrong and that really we're all just very cold, sad and alone.

It's not a fact, you're making an assumption based on a weak argument.

I can prove otherwise that you're not a fairy. Now, regarding a proof to the Universe, what would constitute as 'proof' for you?

How are you going to prove that? For anything you say I can simply claim that I'm hiding it using my magical powers.

If we had evidence of God what would the point of life be?

The "point of life" is subjective to every individual, and hence is not anything to do with Science.

The Scientific method is based on using empirical, testable evidence to come up with hypothesis and conclusions based on the principles of logic and reasoning.

If I don't know what is behind a box, I could either guess, or try to find out. Until then, the answer is: "I don't know".

You said heavens and the dimensions of the universe, i.e the dimensions of the universe and heaven are the same. But heaven is not in the universe at the same time?

May I ask what reading you do? I hope you entertain possibility that you're wrong and that really we're all just very cold, sad and alone.

It doesn't mean dimensions, some say it means 'excess'.

It's not a fact, you're making an assumption based on a weak argument.

It is a fact. The religions of the World all claim divine guidance in their inception, but the medium is always a Man or a group of Men. Where is scientific proof of any miracle? It's always belief that sustains the worship/obedience towards God. It's the ultimate placebo.

The "point of life" is subjective to every individual, and hence is not anything to do with Science.

The Scientific method is based on using empirical, testable evidence to come up with hypothesis and conclusions based on the principles of logic and reasoning.

If I don't know what is behind a box, I could either guess, or try to find out. Until then, the answer is: "I don't know".

I meant to write purpose of life, and no it isn't subjective to each individual. I'm not asking how one person perceives his purpose of existence in this world. Or what he believes he should strive for. I'm asking about a purpose to our same exact existence and body of life we live in.

And according to science our knowledge is very limited, so we will never be able to find out many things yet we draw conclusions that there is no purpose? So does science even need to be involved?

It is a fact. The religions of the World all claim divine guidance in their inception, but the medium is always a Man or a group of Men. Where is scientific proof of any miracle? It's always belief that sustains the worship/obedience towards God. It's the ultimate placebo.

Many people never received guidance, many were just spiritual, many were pagans, however, a select few actually claimed to be from a divine source, and the last one was Islam.

That doesn't life is about sitting around all day not advancing your society and just bowing down all day.

What if God intended that to be the sole challenge life?

What if God never intended it, but you made it one yourself? Why do you think God even bothers with your actions? Isn't it because of exposure to Religion alone?

Repeatable observation... with explanation of the phenomenon (theory) which gives definite prediction of future events....

So if God told you everything that would happen from now on you would believe it? That defeats the purpose of the mystery/trial.

What if God never intended it, but you made it one yourself? Why do you think God even bothers with your actions? Isn't it because of exposure to Religion alone?

Many biblical prophets were never exposed to religion yet were monotheists, so there is no direct answer to your questions. You're just insisting that everything is man made.

Many people never received guidance, many were just spiritual, many were pagans, however, a select few actually claimed to be from a divine source, and the last one was Islam.

That doesn't life is about sitting around all day not advancing your society and just bowing down all day.

The so called spiritual and pagan religions are no different, actually. The only difference is that they aren't abrahamic. Otherwise, the pattern is the same. Divine energy/entity manifesting itself to a select few and these 'enlightened' men then going on to propagate their 'knowledge/message' as received from God.

And according to science our knowledge is very limited, so we will never be able to find out many things yet we draw conclusions that there is no purpose? So does science even need to be involved?

Science hasn't drawn the conclusion that there is no purpose to life.

There is no empirical evidence available to draw any conclusion from.

So the answer from Science is that "We don't know".

Whenever there is no empirical evidence, the answer will always be the same. We don't know.

So if God told you everything that would happen from now on you would believe it? That defeats the purpose of the mystery/trial.
If god comes into open, if everybody can see him and whatever he says happens then there is no need to "believe", you know god (or godess) exist... I will not bothered about mystery/trail etc... what the use of all this BS when people are dying with incurable diseases?? This is what pisses me of, all these myriads of religions/messiahs/godmen etcetc, none of them gave any useful revelation like medicine and all. All important things ware left to humans to discover...

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom