What's new

Why do new build houses in Pakistan not have gardens?

I guess it`s all about price of a land. It`s getting costly and people are more focused on having a house with more rooms and washrooms than a luxury space to dwell in.

I don't get the washroom obsession. I think you should have 1 downstairs to use and for guests and 1 for every 2 bedrooms upstairs. I've been looking at houses that have 1 for every bedroom as well as some additional.

I don't get the washroom obsession. I think you should have 1 downstairs to use and for guests and 1 for every 2 bedrooms upstairs. I've been looking at houses that have 1 for every bedroom as well as some additional.
I think it`s mostly about privacy. People are in habit of leaving their clothes and belongings in washrooms/bathrooms. But it also depends upon the number of people in a family, their gender, age and physical limitations.

Not to forget mentioning some people have OCD as well.

====

So i did some calculations...

My plot in the UK is a total of 300msq, a kanal is 500 msq.

The house itself only occupies 100msq. In that space I have 2 bathrooms, 3 bedrooms, 2 living rooms, 2 store rooms and a kitchen. I also have space to build 2 more bedrooms in the roof which is a project i want to do in the future.

The rest of the space is 50msq at the front for parking and all the other space is garden. A kanal is a huge amount of space, if Pakistani people were more efficient with space, they could easily have lovely gardens.

I recalled having watched some cases of extreme planning and engineering 😁

49hsyaulj3401.png

building.jpg

construction-mistakes-23.jpg

OMG! Are these real?!

Haha yes!

Also, the answer to your question is that people in Pakistan prefer mode rooms than garden. Those who can afford 600-800sqyd plots keep their map so it can be sold later.

Here, people prefer to live within the city and don't prefer living at an hour's drive with cheap land.

Haha yes!

Also, the answer to your question is that people in Pakistan prefer mode rooms than garden. Those who can afford 600-800sqyd plots keep their map so it can be sold later.

Here, people prefer to live within the city and don't prefer living at an hour's drive with cheap land.

These will topple over in an earthquake, they are death traps. Even a car accident or high winds could knock some of these over. I can't believe people live there.

i wish for a farm house with big a ss shed or unit to work on cars, bikes etc. lots of land i can park my banger anywere. i also live in terrace house not good if your neighbors are pi ss heads or drug addicts, at night idiots rallying their cars, or drunks causing vandalism. garden way to small only slugs live my garden. Worse is ppl parking their cars outside your door and you cant do nothing cause they pay road tax.

wealthy ppl live in gated houses with huge car park out of the way.

americans have worked out the best way to live in a perfect house, a big farm house lot of land, plus two big garages filled with all the tools you need to fix things. tractors, all kinds of machinery and lots of guns to practice shooting.
Actually, it is true. :)

This is an earthquake zone.

Also look at the shoddy brickwork. The mortar is everywhere. It doesn't fill the bricks properly.

This is the standard of brickwork done in Britain.

1133d286c910423f9974018b01d3754f.jpg

This work here is done by immigrant Labour from Pakistan, India or Eastern Europe. Sometimes white English too. They use no special machines. Same tools and techniques used by Pakistani craftsman.

Whoever built those dodgy houses is an amateur and a crook.

Also look at the shoddy brickwork. The mortar is everywhere. It doesn't fill the bricks properly.

This is the standard of brickwork done in Britain.

View attachment 766386

This work here is done by immigrant Labour from Pakistan, India or Eastern Europe. Sometimes white English too. They use no special machines. Same tools and techniques used by Pakistani craftsman.

Whoever built those dodgy houses is an amateur and a crook.
Shoddy brickwork isn't as bad as nor having structurally sound construction. In the UK you have building regs that you have to follow. Structures materials are scrutinised and soil is tested for subsidence and other defects. Sadly in Pakistan there are no checks. I lived I bahria Islamabad and there checks were done but money talked and blind eye would be turned

So I've been increasingly interested in property in Pakistan and came across a youtube channel doing tours of homes on sale.

i noticed a lot of very grand new houses, 5-6 bedrooms, as many bathrooms, but no gardens. Why? Do Pakistani people not want outdoor space to sit in?

The houses of my grandparents were in this style with the building around the outside and a central courtyard.

View attachment 766049

Even our new homes have large verandas and courtyards. Is this something that city folk don't want anymore?
Also why are there so many bathrooms? Sometimes there are more bathrooms than bedrooms.
Relative poverty and family values...

Last edited:
It is the story of poor countries. People hardly have funds to build houses so they are always short of budget for Garderns however you will find Gardens in abundance in affluent areas

People in Pakistan prefer joint family system so they try to add more n more rooms within the house so that their children don’t have a reason to look elsewhere

it is very costly to maintain garden in Pakistan as plants will grow and die and the water is scarce in a lot of areas where people do not have water to drink let alone to feed the plants on regular basis

So many times a father have 1 kanal of space and upon his death his 3x children will split the land between themselves and build 3x houses after his dead so garden is the last place in question if they don’t have too much money in the bank

Lack of proper housing culture , and lack of water in Pakistan
Specially in big cities

The Homes are constructed wall to wall , no rules to enforce 5-10% mandatory room for garden or trees

Back
Top Bottom