What's new

Why do new build houses in Pakistan not have gardens?

In cities like karachi, trees should be made a requirement. Trees is what helps rain and provide shed breaking the heat.

It is the story of poor countries. People hardly have funds to build houses so they are always short of budget for Garderns however you will find Gardens in abundance in affluent areas

People in Pakistan prefer joint family system so they try to add more n more rooms within the house so that their children don’t have a reason to look elsewhere

it is very costly to maintain garden in Pakistan as plants will grow and die and the water is scarce in a lot of areas where people do not have water to drink let alone to feed the plants on regular basis

So many times a father have 1 kanal of space and upon his death his 3x children will split the land between themselves and build 3x houses after his dead so garden is the last place in question if they don’t have too much money in the bank

This is a good point.

I'm not sure if it's the case for the house i was looking at. They are on a youtube channel, new builds, very expensive with marble tiles and very decorative doors etc.

Like this for example.

Very expensive property, clearly not a poor mans game, huge plot, yet no garden.

For UK based people, a kanal of land is about the size of two semi-detatched houses, including their front drives and about 60-70% of their back gardens. So it's not a little bit of space we're talking about.

Our family home in Pakistan is also built in a similar inefficient way. All the rooms are HUGE. We are in a village though so land was cheap and money was coming in from the UK.

It really depends on your preferences. When my house was being constructed near Islamabad, I insisted to have a green patch in the lobby area. I was told that the piece of land i was leaving vacant is worth more than Rs. 10 Lacs. Thus i should build on it but I maintained to have garden and as can be seen now my little orchard is full of bloom and beauty.

1627893671224.png

1627893583759.png

Gardens are labor/resource extensive hence pricey, thus more people see these as unnecessary when having a home and more of a burden. Even people who i have asked are disincentivized to keep large grass gardens and instead potted plants or perhaps a tree or two due to this. Why have a garden when you can have an extra living space or storage area or any other more economically useful application

In Pakistan people hate trees, they take responsibility on themself to destroy it any way they can. Watch an aerial view of any small city and you will see a brownish concrete jungle with a rare glimpse of a green dot every few miles.

This is an aerial view of multan, supposedly and agricultural city
1627904654361.png

Building a home in PK is way too expensive and no standard format with anyone able to build anything or almost anything next door to each other, no straight lines, erratic or missing footpaths, poor sewrage & sanitation, minimum garden spaces, limited trees, and horrible designs and decor, though a few people have built some real lovely properties.

We need a new law where minimum building regulations are enforced ie double walls with insulation, insulated roofs, drainage, safe electrical connections, water supply, sewerage and houses on each street should be the same design and allow people to build 3 storey props so more rooms can be built to accommodate larger families and with minimum ratio for grass areas, parking and foliage. Footpaths of standard size and height must be used. this way it will beautify the streets, also certain designs should be used to give certain a different character from other areas.

At the moment we just see a mish mash of a mess all over the country.

I recalled having watched some cases of extreme planning and engineering 😁

View attachment 766276

View attachment 766277

View attachment 766278
this is a death trap, who allowed this to be built? the centre of gravity is at the top and any strong force on one side and the house could be smashing into his neighbour, surely even without an education, the home-owner can see it is all wrong and how did the builder go yeah put my name down for that manslaughter charge?

@Liquidmetal @313ghazi

The technique employed in these constructions is known as jettying. It dates back to medieval times. The upper portion is bigger than the lower. But these buildings in pictures have been taken to a whole new level.

I had watched these buildings on internet but decided to try and find their whereabouts.

1st picture
main-qimg-23304f61b27169361ab9b54d7619f598.jpg

This building is in Egypt.

'Images of a strange building in Sharkia Governorate, Egypt. The strange design of the building was built on a plot of only 40 centimeters wide. The ladder was placed in the middle of the wall, in the lower part of the building. The strange building is located in the village of Kafr El-Hamam in the Zagazig Center, and it was designed by a professor of electrical engineering at an American university.'

Source:
https://qr.ae/pGbsXT

2nd picture

building.jpg

This building is in India. Not sure about exact location.

Source:

Picture 3

construction-mistakes-23.jpg

This building is located in Abu Arish city, in the southern Jazan region, Saudi Arabia.

1st Source:

2nd Source:
https://www.nabdjericho.com/post-1099

When land prices are as high as 15 lakh per marla gardens turn into luxuries
When land prices are as high as 15 lakh per marla gardens turn into luxuries

When in my childhood i lived in steel town there were garden with every house in the time

This is a good point.

I'm not sure if it's the case for the house i was looking at. They are on a youtube channel, new builds, very expensive with marble tiles and very decorative doors etc.

Like this for example.

Very expensive property, clearly not a poor mans game, huge plot, yet no garden.

For UK based people, a kanal of land is about the size of two semi-detatched houses, including their front drives and about 60-70% of their back gardens. So it's not a little bit of space we're talking about.

Our family home in Pakistan is also built in a similar inefficient way. All the rooms are HUGE. We are in a village though so land was cheap and money was coming in from the UK.
This is how most 1 kanal houses are in Lahore as shown in the video. I will soon start constructing my 1 kanal house as well Insah'Allah but I will be leaving some more space otherwise the house will become too big for three people.

Back
Top Bottom