What's new

Why do investors prefer start-ups in India, Pakistan over Bangladesh?

BTW try this exercise before calling IT/CS/SE industry anywhere illegitimate. Take 100 random numbers and build a machination to sort it in order. Try different means. Mechanical, pure electrical with no uP. You will see why software engineers and IT business make so much money and why is TCS/Infosys is legitimate. They are legitimiate because any other way of solving problems they solve is exceptionally expensive and cannot scale from 100s to millions of users for that price point.

Thats the real legitimacy of IT/CS/SE industry. We do thing which are simply impossibly costly otherwise.

I am myself in computing and know its importance. :) What I speak about is the incompetency of Indian computer engineers. OK some of them are quite talented and have potential but they require good designers to utilize their potential.

@jamahir, you are a good and liberal guy at heart, but some of your notions regarding business are grossly misplaced. You are literally propagating the view that if person X cannot get 100/100 marks, he should stop studying. Leave alone the fact that person X may be interested in Geology while you want to evaluate him on Botany.

You keep talking of innovation as if only colonizing Mars amounts to innovation and every other person must drown himself in shame for not being able to do so. I refrain from getting personal, but I have your good interests in my mind, therefore I am advising you that if you approach investors or businesses with the kind of attitude you display here, you will be making this revolutionary OS of yours for another 3 decades. Please widen your horizon, look at the world around you. People working in the IT industry are not evil or stupid. You might find someone to work with. Don't be like that proverbial scientist who never steps out of his lab and believes he alone is capable of saving the world. Because frankly that is the attitude of someone who failed and grudges other people their success. Actual successful people never diss anyone else's progress like the way you do.

Well, though you did not completely see my point of countering the nationalist Indians here and will also say that you were off mark in bringing the example of "education" marks ( I myself am a class 12 dropout ) I see your advise to me but am also surprised about that "failure" remark. Even with my rejection of the Indian "education" system - me burning my 11th class certficate just like Ambedkar burnt the Manusmriti and I would have burnt the 10th class certificate if not it being one of the personal identifications here, I have been a teacher in computing, have co-founded a company with me being the technology design contributor and have done some political dabblings too including almost establishing the first Indian IT / ITES industry workers union in 2014.

Since these are big companies, quite old, has large workforce so they will create new OS or microprocessor?

Do you understand there is something called line of business?

OK then despite their non-intellectuality why the enhanced social status of these companies in India ( "You know my son is a team lead in TCS, he is getting many marriage proposals..." ) ?

Last edited:
I did not use that word coolie to describe my own opinion of them. It is your friends who use it all the time.

No company has any obligation to produce anything. People are most welcome to start their own companies and make them worth gazillion dollars producing OS or Paan Masala.

You missed the main point @jamahir bhai made. Being a Code Monkey is all its cracked up to be for some people, they don't aspire to anything more. Because your employer (TCS/WIPRO/INFOSYS) makes sure that is all you are limited to do. Being an obedient order taker. Which points to the underachieving culture as a society in the subcontinent. including India.

This is the basis of a sell-out life so numbingly non-descript and so under-achieving, that your terminal excitement may be to be a member of a VHP/RSS hate organization, and contribute to Modi's extremist agenda in secret while claiming to be all secular and 'progressive' in public. Hate feels so good - doesn't it? Reinforces your shaky self-confidence.

In spite of claiming to gain some semblance of a solvent life in Canada, you are limited to $300K CDN. And you think you have (ahem) "made it" and are happy to "get by" on that slave salary. I know plenty of people in the US in IT who make twice what you make, and then corporate bonuses and perks on top of it in mgmt. spots. And they think they should be making more.

That is the joke.

There are corrupt police constables in Bangladesh with a fifth grade education who probably own more property than you and even lead a better life I'd say. And you are all glum and smug with a leased car and a leased house and think that you've "made it". And are boasting about it too. :lol:

Well, though you did not completely see my point of countering the nationalist Indians here and will also say that you were off mark in bringing the example of "education" marks ( I myself am a class 12 dropout ) I see your advise to me but am also surprised about that "failure" remark. Even with my rejected of the Indian "education" system - me burning my 11th class certficate just like Ambedkar burnt the Manusmriti and I would have burnt the 10th class certificate if not it being one of the personal identification ones here, I have been a teacher in computing, have co-founded a company with me being the technology design contributor and have done some political dabblings too including almost establishing the first Indian IT / ITES industry workers union in 2014.

I am happy that you have done multiple things which you consider noble, but that does not make other people low lives or useless members of society, whether individuals or companies.

On agreeing with what you call nationalists, I have a simple approach in life. I do not treat it as black and white. There are people who can say something completely wrong at one time and yet something right the other time. It is ok. No one is always wrong or always right. Life does not work like that. Believing in black and white leads to groupism, which is unhealthy. Support or criticism should be based on issues and not perception.

Indian IT payouts have raised tremendously over the past 2 years. People with just 7 years of experience are making more than 3 million INR per annum if they are in the market especially with skills in cloud, data science and AI.
My friend just got a job in Uber @77 lpa with less than 3 yr. of experience. A lot of my juniors are easily making 20-40lpa in many IT MNCs.The salary in Indian IT has skyrocketed in last 2 yrs.

You missed the main point @jamahir bhai made. Being a Code Monkey is all its cracked up to be for some people, they don't aspire to anything more. Because your employer (TCS/WIPRO/INFOSYS) makes sure that is all you are limited to do. Being an obedient order taker. Which points to the underachieving culture as a society in the subcontinent. including India.

This is the basis of a sell-out life so numbingly non-descript and so under-achieving, that your terminal excitement may be to be a member of a VHP/RSS hate organization, and contribute to Modi's extremist agenda in secret while claiming to be all secular and 'progressive' in public. Hate feels so good - doesn't it? Reinforces your shaky self-confidence.

In spite of claiming to gain some semblance of a solvent life in Canada, you are limited to $300K CDN. And you think you have (ahem) "made it" and are happy to "get by" on that slave salary. I know plenty of people in the US in IT who make twice what you make, and then corporate bonuses and perks on top of it in mgmt. spots. And they think they should be making more.

That is the joke.

There are corrupt police constables in Bangladesh with a fifth grade education who probably own more property than you and even lead a better life I'd say. And you are all glum and smug with a leased car and a leased house and think that you've "made it". And are boasting about it too. :lol:
No Indian IT worker with even above-average coding skills stays for more than 2 yers in WITCH companies(Wipro,Infosys,TCS,Capg and HCL). These WITCH companies are basically a door(skill improvement and a starter for usually freshers) to the larger high paying jobs in IT.

@Bilal9 This billi boy with experience is stitching chaddis claims to have a lot of expertise in psyche of Indians. The stupid doesn't understand that products come for markets. As and when domestic market grows Indians will come up with innovative products for the market as there is money to be made. That is true for all of South Asia. I hope they know that only thing lungis are famous for are making their women stitch chaddis. They are seen as gyanis.

My friend just got a job in Uber @77 lpa with less than 3 yr. of experience. A lot of my juniors are easily making 20-40lpa in many IT MNCs.The salary in Indian IT has skyrocketed in last 2 yrs.

Yes coding is something that is very lucrative these days.

I am currently learning HTML,CSS and Javascript in my spare time.

Want to use it to develop software in my field and not to work for a company.

You are a moron. most of the bd businesses who bring money here through foreign accounts. Any sweatshops owners can instruct remit to Singapore or dubai bank account...say 20 percent of proceeds. And later move that money around and eventually invest in real estate. The bd politicians who invest here first take out money to Malaysia or dubai and then bring that money. It's the job of Bangladesh bank and other financial intelligence of bd...either incompetent or simply corrupt. Why the **** i will do there job or even bother?

My filth..lol...u are low life *** who get personal every chance u get just like that fellow uk indian restaurant worker.

And again cant argue and bitching about my grammar lmao...

If u have more respect to cab driver then criminals then apply that to most bd sweatshop owners...army high ups and bd politicians...so much for honesty and ethics bs. Just **** off.

Same old meaningless rant and abusive language.

You know you are selling property to an individual who very likely laundered the money into Canada. Per Canadian law, you as a realtor are supposed to file a suspicious transaction report with FINTRAC. so yes, you have the responsibility to report it.

It is you who is bragging about your criminal activities. So by any sane logic that makes you what you are accusing me to be.

Same old meaningless rant and abusive language.

You know you are selling property to an individual who very likely laundered the money into Canada. Per Canadian law, you as a realtor are supposed to file a suspicious transaction report with FINTRAC. so yes, you have the responsibility to report it.

It is you who is bragging about your criminal activities. So by any sane logic that makes you what you are accusing me to be.

This "genius" can find no insult than to call me a "restaurant worker".

I am far better educated than him just by judging on the quality of my written English.

Inferiority laden dude who uses the term "brown people". Shows what he really thinks of himself and it is actually sad.

Best ignored as this feeds the troll.

Last edited:
Let us not call them coolies because "Coolie" is legitimate work that exists because of Capitalist socio-economics. Call these great grand Infosys, HCL, Cyient types as code monkeys. I didn't expect you of all people to side with these non-intellectual mostly-right-wing wastrels. You ask Bangladeshis like @leonblack08, @Bilal9 bhai, @Atlas and @bluesky to learn what exactly from the Infosys, HCL, TCS types ? TCS has existed for five decades and Infosys for four decades and they have huge human, material and financial resources yet they couldn't put together a small team of five each to design even an operating system software since they claim to be mostly software companies ? They are so unaware and non-intellectual that they didn't even establish workers unions which makes of course natural to be right-wingers and here I am not talking only about Hindutvadis but also about the Tableeghis.

I will tag the two Indians who thanked your post - @Protest_again and @itsanufy.

Intelligent coder and programmer does not go to TCS/Infosys/HCL/Cognizant/Capgemini anymore, the chasm of an average middle class kid to earn decent money and fulfil some of his middle class wish is what these IT/ITeS companies taps into. And there is no harm in it as it is a honest man's work. And these IT firms are revenue driven entities, and not focused on any long term product driven goals, so they won't come up with their own designed chip or OS in the next 100 years, as there is zero advantage of having a product without a significant advantage over its peers.

Intelligent coder and programmer does not go to TCS/Infosys/HCL/Cognizant/Capgemini anymore, the chasm of an average middle class kid to earn decent money and fulfil some of his middle class wish is what these IT/ITeS companies taps into. And there is no harm in it as it is a honest man's work. And these IT firms are revenue driven entities, and not focused on any long term product driven goals, so they won't come up with their own designed chip or OS in the next 100 years, as there is zero advantage of having a product without a significant advantage over its peers.

So what will happen to the H1B wish of India transforming into a Hindutva superpower technically?

All superpowers are capable of doing these basic things (designing and making chips in their own FABs and designing OSs). Even Germany does this. While India can't.

Also there is definitely a limit to the amount of intelligent coder and programmer people available in India who think of themselves too qualified to work in companies like TCS/Infosys/HCL/Cognizant/Capgemini and demand a higher salary.

The supply of these people are not infinite in India, leading to salaries being pushed upward.

In any case, the point I was trying to make - is that Bangladesh (having eighth of the population of India) is not lacking in talent similar to those found in India (at any sector).

If they can work cheaper than Indians (offering similar services and at similar level of talent), there will always be jobs and salary available for them, and work will always go to Bangladesh.

There is no reason jobs will be guaranteed for Indians at higher salaries - what for?

I am surprised that some nationalist Indians cannot grasp that simple concept.

Back
Top Bottom