What's new

Why do investors prefer start-ups in India, Pakistan over Bangladesh?

So what will happen to the H1B wish of India transforming into a superpower?

All superpowers are capable of doing these basic things (designing and making chips in their own FABs and designing OSs).

Also there is definitely a limit to the amount of intelligent coder and programmer people available in India who think of themselves too qualified to work in companies like TCS/Infosys/HCL/Cognizant/Capgemini and demand a higher salary.

The supply of these people are not infinite in India, leading to salaries being pushed upward.

In any case, the point I was trying to make - is that Bangladesh (having eighth of the population of India) is not lacking in talent similar to those found in India (at any sector).

If they can work cheaper than Indians (offering similar services and at similar level of talent), there will always be jobs and salary available for them, and work will always go to Bangladesh.

There is no reason jobs will be guaranteed for Indians at higher salaries - what for?

I am surprised that some nationalist Indians cannot grasp that simple concept.
There is no geographical border for any of these IT jobs. If you look at the current trend of Fiverr or Upwork, you can do freelancing for any of these companies at the comfort of your home. In due time, even college degrees will be redundant for these IT/ITeS jobs.

I never said there is skill proprietary or glamour in working for the likes of TCS.

So what will happen to the H1B wish of India transforming into a Hindutva superpower technically?

All superpowers are capable of doing these basic things (designing and making chips in their own FABs and designing OSs). Even Germany does this. While India can't.

In due time, Indian education system in most part does not inspire rational thinking to solve problems. Indian indigenous semiconductor chip industry is 10-15 years away to have any relevance, but I'm happy our current regime does think about bringing in industries in these fields.

Last edited:
So what will happen to the H1B wish of India transforming into a Hindutva superpower technically?

All superpowers are capable of doing these basic things (designing and making chips in their own FABs and designing OSs). Even Germany does this. While India can't.

Also there is definitely a limit to the amount of intelligent coder and programmer people available in India who think of themselves too qualified to work in companies like TCS/Infosys/HCL/Cognizant/Capgemini and demand a higher salary.

The supply of these people are not infinite in India, leading to salaries being pushed upward.

In any case, the point I was trying to make - is that Bangladesh (having eighth of the population of India) is not lacking in talent similar to those found in India (at any sector).

If they can work cheaper than Indians (offering similar services and at similar level of talent), there will always be jobs and salary available for them, and work will always go to Bangladesh.

There is no reason jobs will be guaranteed for Indians at higher salaries - what for?

I am surprised that some nationalist Indians cannot grasp that simple concept.
You are right on human resource part. But weather that will go to BD is a question.
Your need to have some big names before it can be reality. India coun't have achieved it if Infy, TCS, Wipro not there.
Good example, for cost effectiveness the BPO work moved to Philippines not to BD.

IT world is getting transformed, AI, automation etc is bringing a radical change. There will be need of super skilled workers, but the need of AVG skilled worker will erase.

You are right on human resource part. But weather that will go to BD is a question.
Your need to have some big names before it can be reality. India coun't have achieved it if Infy, TCS, Wipro not there.
Good example, for cost effectiveness the BPO work moved to Philippines not to BD.

IT world is getting transformed, AI, automation etc is bringing a radical change. There will be need of super skilled workers, but the need of AVG skilled worker will erase.

BPO work did not go to Philippines via Indian companies i.e. TCS and WIPRO. It went via US companies directly to that country.

For example Amazon and eBay BPO and especially Customer support is directly contracted with smaller firms in the Philippines, firms much smaller than TCS and WIPRO. I know this personally.

Philippines population is much more English Proficient (American Accent) than either Bangladesh or India. Indian accent is sometime heavily thick and incomprehensible to Westerners.

AI and automation will only be competitive vis-à-vis human element if cost is a competing factor.

Human contact is preferable by those seeking customer and valued for support issues above all else in the West, way more preferred than a computer sensed interaction. If Humans can be available for support functions cheaply, then AI is no longer preferred.

Bangladesh and India cannot be compared cost-wise in IT related support.

IT Labor cost in India is many times higher than Bangladesh - in fact several magnitudes higher. What may not be possible in India cost-wise can be possible in Bangladesh.

Last edited:
Is this an assumption or you have some facts to back it up?

Lets see : The ranking of Bangladesh universities in times higher education ranking for CS is 600-800 and there are two of them only. India has a under 100 ranked university (88) and several 200-600 rank universities in CS.

Where do you get the confidence that Bangladesh is having enough talented people to give India a competition? What facts are compelling you to this conclusion?

Philippines population is much more English Proficient (American Accent) than either Bangladesh or India. Indian accent is sometime heavily thick and incomprehensible to Westerners.
How does this matter? I thought we were talking about IT and Software Development work. Where does this customer support work comes from? Why is it even relevant in this discussion?

Human contact is preferable by those seeking customer and valued for support issues above all else in the West, way more preferred than a computer sensed interaction. If Humans can be available for support functions cheaply, then AI is no longer preferred.
Have you lately used a voice based IVRS? Its getting pretty good.

I am myself in computing and know its importance. :) What I speak about is the incompetency of Indian computer engineers. OK some of them are quite talented and have potential but they require good designers to utilize their potential.
Honestly whats the obession with OS and that too a desktop OS. Making a kernel is very much possible for a small team of PhD graduates in any half way decent university like IISc. If government of India commits 200 million dollars and pays that much to grads, they will do. Pretty easily as a lot of research in this area has been already done. Source code for a massively popular OS is available for free so they can dissect it. I mean look at this :
. It is one man's craze and he made a working OS complete with complier, assembler, GUI, compression built-in file system, x64 bit support and multi-threading. All by himself. He was schizophrenic thats a different issue altogether.

Bigger problem is device support and application support. That makes entire endevor useless unless there is very good reason to do it. At best, you can go with a crazy new kernel design like HURD and take support of POSIX userland. Again, all of this is very much in realm of possiblity and the work has already been going on in it.

In spite of claiming to gain some semblance of a solvent life in Canada, you are limited to $300K CDN. And you think you have (ahem) "made it" and are happy to "get by" on that slave salary. I know plenty of people in the US in IT who make twice what you make, and then corporate bonuses and perks on top of it in mgmt. spots. And they think they should be making more.

That is the joke.
You know whats the real joke?

You cannot even tell VFX, support work apart from software development work. You do not know cost and business model of software development and you are arguing about IT industry.

Reality is in your face : No Bangladesh university makes into under 600 world wide in Computer Science today while India has several universities in that range including one in under 100 rank.

Oh and btw, by earning 300K CDN per year, I am in top 1-pecentile income in Canada. Lets see what you chaddi business gets you.

As being slave : I am taking a sabbatical this year for 1 year. I will not earn anything for 1 year. I can afford to do it. Let me know if you can.

Reality is in your face : No Bangladesh university makes into under 600 world wide in Computer Science today while India has several universities in that range including one in under 100 rank.

Let's face it, the Indian diaspora can't match up to their Bangladeshi counterparts in ranking consistently (at the bottom) of any index relating to wealth/ income anytime or anywhere. I mean look at this.

1 Indian150,705
65 Bangladeshi67,944

@Bilal9 's Bangladesh is do wealthy that even corrupt police constables makes millions.

Despite all that the country consumes just 7 million smartphones, 300 K motorcycles & 18,000 used second hand cars annually. I wonder how that happens lol.

Is that why you have to import talented personnel (400,000 of them) from even Honduras, Nicaragua & effing DPRK to manage those, pretty much primitive industries you have over there...?

The lack of these skills among local students gives 400,000 foreigners from a number of countries, among which are Sri Lanka, India, Pakistan, Nepal, Honduras, Nicaragua, China and North Korea, employment across many sectors in the country.

http://bdnews24.com/bangladesh/2017/02/02/400000-foreigners-work-in-country-as-local-students-lack-3-skills-ugc-chairman

Not lacking in talent, lol.

@HydraChess

Oh and btw, by earning 300K CDN per year, I am in 1-pecentile of Canada. Lets see what you chaddi business gets you.

Bhai no offence, you have gotten to your Nirvana in life.

In your "own private Idaho" - you are king (compared to where you were previously my guess).

Who am I to rain on your parade? Be happy. Om Shanti.

But how does the income of a workaday H1B like you compare with that of a business-owner, even in Bangladesh?? Don't compare - this is called imaginatory (akaash-kusumba) comparison in Bengali.

Chaddi - business owners (even mid grade businessmen in Dhaka), can afford to drive around in supercars which they bought in CASH (unlike you) and paid 800% tax on top of purchase price. You have no clue.

BMW i-8 with 800% Tax
hqdefault.jpg

Honda (ACURA) NSX with 800% Tax
iu

Lamborghini Huracan Convertible (probably) with 800% Tax
iu

I don't like to talk about spending excesses of people in Bangladesh like this. But since Indians like to bring up schwanz-measuring garbage like this - I feel that I should correct your impression. Again - you have no clue.

But how does the income of a workaday H1B like you compare with that of a business-owner, even in Bangladesh?? Don't compare - this is called imaginatory (akaash-kusumba) comparison in Bengali.

Chaddi - business owners (even mid grade businessmen in Dhaka), can afford to drive around in supercars which they bought in CASH (unlike you) and paid 800% tax on top of purchase price. You have no clue.

Number of cars with more than 2000 cc engines sold in 5 months in Bangladesh (brand new & reconditioned) : 169. That's 406 cars per year.

Even if you count above 1600 cccc, the number is just 430. 1032 per year.

And who knows what those cars are, definitely not supercars.

sr_car_import_infograph.jpg

What a huge market full of wealthy customers... :lol: :lol:

Bangladesh and India cannot be compared cost-wise in IT related support.

IT Labor cost in India is many times higher than Bangladesh - in fact several magnitudes higher. What may not be possible in India cost-wise can be possible in Bangladesh.
It is not actually, freshers salary in India is still roundabout 3.5 lakhs to 4 lakhs. When I graduated back in 2011, freshers salary was 3.25 in TCS. So, the salary couldn't even follow the general inflation in the country. So, in broader prospect, manpower cost is actually going down.

And the mid level managers gets somewhere between 12-20 lakhs after 10-15 years of experience and few international projects under their belt, and Bangladesh cannot just jump into the scene tomorrow and compare the cost of a fresher with that of a mid tier IT manager in India.

I tried to find what are the IT companies in BD. A cursory look tells me that only name which occurs again and again is someone called TigerIT. Rest looks too pathetic and just scam or some support or virtual assistant type things. No wonder @Bilal9 thinks that those are the only type of work profiles in IT industry and its just a per hour cost game. ( https://topinbangladesh.com/top-10-software-company-in-bangladesh/ ).

So, I went and checked what kind of salaries do they pay in this "TigerIT".

For software engineer its BDT 780,000 plus some bonus.

That comes out to be INR 6.5 LPA. Thats a decent salary in India for someone working in low-end outsourcing job.

Wipro for instance pays about INR 5.6 LPA. Not totally out of range and actually lower than TigerIT.

In terms of outsourcing jobs (which is all BD has right now), salaries in both the countries are very comparable.

I am not sure what @Bilal9 is harping about Bangladesh "talent" being cheaper. Its wrong once more.

Pfffft!

There is a difference between a business owner / entrepreneur and an employee. Its called risk apetite and effort. My money and income is low risk and my effort is fixed. Come 5:00 PM, I am off. I take vacation and I am not expected to be disturbed. I am not responsible for mess my co-worker makes. Now given that, I still get great output.

An entrepreneur has to cut his income and reinvest his earnings in his business to make it grow. For him, there is no day or night or vacation atleast initially. All the bucks stop at him. Naturally, I expect them to earn more in the long run. They have more at stake.

Now, from my school, ie IIT Delhi, a duo of brothers (Binny and Sachin) established a company called FlipKart. Well, they sold it to Walmart in India for 16 billion dollars. (https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/21/binny-bansal-how-i-sold-flipkart-to-walmart-for-16-billion.html)

Now considering in 2020, entire output of Bangladesh's IT and ITES industry was just 2.6 billion dollars, I think you can compare where ENTIRE Bangladesh IT/ITES stands in front of ONE single Indian entrepreneur duo. Oh, you can bring Chaddi Stitchers business owners too. You are welcome.

Last edited:
So i am supposed to do the job to catch bangla chors...no fucking way. too many of them.

no one bragging...stating the fact how corrupt shit hole bangla land is...and good luck with underwear export...u know that uk indian restaurent worker keep bithcihng how wonderful bangla land doing...my reply was to that..but then u got involved like start ranting like a fucking dog. so ya please **** off and dont reply to me.

lmao far better educated ha ha...didnt know to serve butter chicken u need any education.

u will rather stay in uk as illegal worker to serve butter chicken on indian restaurants (Bangladeshi own though lol) then go to Bangladesh as u know u will be working for 100 dollar per month to (manufacture lol) cotton underwear.

lol brown ppl is the term we used here in canada....its very common among punjabis too who grow up in vancouver..how would u know..dumb moron.

Yes. If you are acting as a realtor in Canada, you do have to report the "chors". Otherwise you are breaking the law. That's the law in Canada.

This is a public forum. If you brag about your criminal activities while demeaning other Bangladeshis by calling them Uber driver and restaurant worker, expect other people to call you out on your illegal activities.

If you don't want other people to burst your bubbles, stick to your messenger groups of "wannabe white boys" or whatever. You can use all the profanities you want there but not here. This is a place for civil discussion.

Yes. If you are acting as a realtor in Canada, you do have to report the "chors". Otherwise you are breaking the law. That's the law.
To be honest, it is not his job to investigate any money laundering activities. The onus is on to the banks to monitor any large scale infusion of funds. The sheer absence of common sense in this thread is mind boggling.

Back
Top Bottom