What's new

Why do Indians expect Bangladeshis to speak in Hindi?

This happens with our group of friends in Malaysia too . Our group consists of Pakistani , afghani , bengali and indian friends. And we communicate in urdu . easy for everyone . Benglai's can speak urdu/hindu well .

You must be talking about Bihari origin Bangladeshis. They speak Urdu and Hindi well. Bangladeshis have problems to pick up Hindi vocabulary.

Verbally Kolkata Bengali is entirely different from Dhaka Bengali. Only written form is similar not even same. In language packs you will find options like Bangla (India) and Bangla (Bangladesh).

that maybe the reason we northeastern indian can't make difference between these languages.

I have faced this. They are not able to believe that South Indians dont speak Hindi :P One guy even told me, how can you be Indians without even knowing Hindi, which is national language of India.

When I asked him to prove from the constitution and offered an 100$ bet, he knew he was wrong :P But Bengalis in WB do speak hindi though Bengali and Hindi are in no way similar.... How?

Obviously you haven't been to Calcutta.

Some of us hate them, some of us dislike them, but the truth of the matter is that Calcutta would not be what it is without the Bihari bhaiya. If you have listened to Bengalis who actually try to speak Hindi (not the probashi bangali, the home-grown lot), it is a Bihari accent heavily distorted by Bengali pronunciation.

Probashi Bangalis are different; they are sometimes known as, and mock themselves as 'hochhe' Bangalis. That's an in-joke that you should not even try following.

you can pick up hindi if you speak any north indian language...

Bengali, according to your puissance, is a north Indian language?

Some of us hate them, some of us dislike them, but the truth of the matter is that Calcutta would not be what it is without the Bihari bhaiya. If you have listened to Bengalis who actually try to speak Hindi (not the probashi bangali, the home-grown lot), it is a Bihari accent heavily distorted by Bengali pronunciation.

Probashi Bangalis are different; they are sometimes known as, and mock themselves as 'hochhe' Bangalis. That's an in-joke that you should not even try following.

Bengali, according to your puissance, is a north Indian language?
yes.

Bengalee is easternmost branch of Indo Aryan language family so we don't have much problem picking up Hindustani. It usually takes 2-3 days exposure. Bihari Urdu is easy to understand. I have lot of Bihari Bangladeshi friends from Mirpur in London

Yes Bangla Hindi is very much in harmony with Hindi versions spoken by Biharis- In contrast to that the Hindi version of Punjabis and Haryanvis are very much different-

Oh Jesus H. Christ.

Dear Sir, Forgive my asking a personal question: where are you from?

Bihar- My district is famous for Yoga- much before patanjali of Ramdev-

Yes Bangla Hindi is very much in harmony with Hindi versions spoken by Biharis- In contrast to that the Hindi version of Punjabis and Haryanvis are very much different-

Bihar- My district is famous for Yoga- much before patanjali of Ramdev-

Bare Bhai,

Maithil is a distinct language from Hindi and is cognate with Nepali,Bengali and Assamese, and Odiya. If a Maithil speaks slowly, I can understand him clearly; if I speak slowly, a Maithil can understand me clearly.

As for script, Nepali and all varieties of Hindi in Bihar use Nagari; Bengali, Assamese and the Manipuris use a similar but distinct Bengali version of Nagari; the Odisha script is palm-leaf oriented and to the outsider, resembles the other palm-leaf scripts - Telugu, Tamizh, Malayalam, Kannada.

i thought bangladeshis will speak better hindi/urdu than wb people... because they had lots of biharis..

Bihari Urdu is not the same as Classical Urdu- Bengali's connection to the Classical Urdu is limited within the period It was East Pakistan-

Hindi alphabets

sanskrit_cons.gif

Bengali (Bangla) alphabets

bengali_cons.gif

It's funny when Bangladeshis who shed blood in 1952 and 1971 for language and culture and for that event the world celebrates Language Day today those same Bangaldeshis feel completely owned up by Bollywood. All that 1952 and 1971 went in dustbin according to Bangladeshi intellectuals.

Hahahahaha

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom