What's new

Why do a lot of Indian think China banning twitter, facebook, youtube etc is a bad thing

AirRodgers

Reaction score
Country
United States
The Chinese have leverage their billions of eye balls with government control censor to limit access to foreign internet company..
That means Chinese use Baidu, Renren, youko and Sino Weio, instead of Google, youtube, twitter, and facebook. This is not a bad thing for China as most un educated Indian would like you to believe.. While India praise the ability to use these western company, they are also shipping billion of ad revenue/taxes strait to the US..
While the Chinese get the taxes, ad revenue and other benefit from having home grow company. The Indian well they just celebrate their lack of common sense, some seem to think having a foreign company control such an important part of their ecomony as a good thing... WAKE UP INDIA AND INDIANS you and your billion plus are being taking advantage of...
With the current NSA scandal if I were an Indian I would use it as an excuse to push out or make it hard for foreign internet company to operate in India and give your own home grown company a chance to take over..

Last edited:
And what happened? What changed? IF you were to do it again, what would you do diff.....

It was a perfect move, no doubt about that. Sadly, our bourgeoisie leaders bungled up in the last decade.

Indians have a slave mentality towards the white man. This means its very difficult to go against western values.
Well you can say the colonization continues, the UK left now Google, youtube, twitter, and facebook etc are e-colonizing India... For example I can understand google with the 300+ million US user base force smaller country to use it too, but India with 1 billion plus people and a self proclaim IT super power can't come up with its own search engine now that is just sad on so many level...

Last edited:
What? The Chinese government banning all those things is a good thing.

You know what? The Chinese government needs to create their own internet dominion and force all Chinese internet users on to them.

Then ban every other internet site access.

The trolling percentage on this site alone would then be reduced by 40%

What? The Chinese government banning all those things is a good thing.
Yes it make good economic sense for China, when they ban foreign base company ie ( youtube, twitter, and facebook) and allow their own company to take hold, to state otherwise would mean you got a low IQ...

Last edited:
Yes it make good economic sense to ban foreign base company ie ( youtube, twitter, and facebook) and allow your own to take hold, to state otherwise would mean you got a low IQ...

Are you a Chinese member?

Because I swear, every single Chinese member comes up with this same low IQ insult.

I am not exaggerating, every single Chinese poster berates another poster by calling him low IQ

is this like a cultural thing? Because IQ alone means squat if you don't have the ambition, drive and determination to utilize your high intellect

The low IQ was not directed at Indians, It was direct at anyone who think banning those company was bad for China...

I said
Yes it make good economic sense for China, when they ban foreign base company ie ( youtube, twitter, and facebook) and allow their own company to take hold, to state otherwise would mean you got a low IQ...

BTW I'm not Chinese

Last edited:
Can isolationism really work? I mean in today's global society we're all interdependent on each other. Without the West who would China export to? And without China how could the West support massive spending? Integration with the global economy brings prosperity as it plays to everyone's strengths.

That being said it would be an interesting case study to see a country rise with only its own strength. I don't think that has happened yet.

The Chinese have leverage their billions of eye balls with government control censor to limit access to foreign internet company..
That means Chinese use Baidu, Renren, youko and Sino Weio, instead of Google, youtube, twitter, and facebook. This is not a bad thing for China as most un educated Indian would like you to believe.. While India praise the ability to use these western company, they are also shipping billion of ad revenue/taxes strait to the US..
While the Chinese get the taxes, ad revenue and other benefit from having home grow company. The Indian well they just celebrate their lack of common sense, some seem to think having a foreign company control such an important part of their ecomony as a good thing... WAKE UP INDIA AND INDIANS you and your billion plus are being taking advantage of...
With the current NSA scandal if I were an Indian I would use it as an excuse to push out or make it hard for foreign internet company to operate in India and give your own home grown company a chance to take over..

Indian taxation system on the Multi national Corporations is considered to be one of the heaviest one all across the globle - In the recent G20 summit the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) has already backed a fundamental rethink of the rules on taxing MNCs, taking aim at loopholes used by some top companies to avoid billions of dollars in taxes but the bottom-line remains that the Govt won't ease tax laws to please MNCs - they are paying a wholesome amount of that so called "billions" which you mentioned which eventually never exceeded a billion dollar in a financial year as far as Google India is concerned but despite an increase of 36.41% in its revenue - there has been an increase of 528.18% in the taxation on their profit with their net profit increasing just 9.70%. Its a fact that Facebook, Google face heat on India tax since Delhi High Court's rulings last year and they will continue to do so. Last year Google India was fined $13.8 million for false accounting which ate up half of their net profit in the Financial year 2012-13. We are taxing them adequately for that profit they make out from the entire Indian sub-continent - not only India.

Indians have a slave mentality towards the white man. This means its very difficult to go against western values.

Oh yeah so by you high IQ logic you should ban all the Japanese firms in China for they ruthlessly raped you way back in 1937...

Indians are dumbass。 Period.

High IQ right???? Chinese are dumbass. Period - stupidity know know bounds when it comes to India bashing threads - making out a fool of yourselves....

Well you can say the colonization continues, the UK left now Google, youtube, twitter, and facebook etc are e-colonizing India... For example I can understand google with the 300+ million US user base force smaller country to use it too, but India with 1 billion plus people and a self proclaim IT super power can't come up with its own search engine now that is just sad on so many level...

We have our own search engines, Web based e-mail services, shopping portals and social networking sites. Guriji.com Rediff.com and Khoj.com all are there - Flipkart - India's very own shopping portal has surpassed Ebay and Amazon and is way ahead of them already - no one even comes close of it - the best shopping portal of India and the number in the priority list of every Indian netizen for online shopping. Rediffmail has over 100 million registered usernames. 89.1% of the millions of visitors to Rediff.com are from India, while the rest come primarily from the USA (3.4%), Pakistan (1.5%), UK and Qatar. As you said about the NSA scandal - it has mae a positive impact onm the same with the Indian government literally banning all its employees whether at the state or at the center to use foreign based Webmail service. These Indian webmail services such as rediff and in.com are all set to flourish with the GOI taking their assitance only to set up specific mail servers for the same. BTW There is no such problem in the IT sector - you literally wont see any other IT firm flourishing or making huge profits other than the "trimurti" of the Indian IT sector - Infosys-Wipro-TCS. The reason why now TCS has become the second most valuable IT firm Globally. TCS’ market valuation recently crossed $60 billion, ahead of Accenture’s $50 billion and HP’s $43 billion - this wouldn't have been possible without the active participation of the Indian customers which they will continue to do so....

#Please do some wholesome research before posting personal accounts and observations in particular sections totally against the Forum Rules and Regulations - try the "member section" only for such comparisons will only lead to flame war between the Indians and the Chinese as usual disregarding each other at the every possible moment....

Source(s) and Reference(s):- Facebook, Google face heat on India tax - Indian Express
G20 plan to combat tax evasion not aimed at MNCs: India - Economic Times
Google India Reported Rs 1162 Crore Revenue, Rs 150 Cr Profit For FY12 - MediaNama
Google India fined $13.8M for false accounting | ZDNet
Tata Consultancy Services - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Rediff.com - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Rediff.com Site Info
Flipkart - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Khoj - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
India's TCS Becomes The World's Second Most Valuable IT Services Firm - Forbes

Last edited:
Can isolationism really work? I mean in today's global society we're all interdependent on each other. Without the West who would China export to? And without China how could the West support massive spending? Integration with the global economy brings prosperity as it plays to everyone's strengths.

That being said it would be an interesting case study to see a country rise with only its own strength. I don't think that has happened yet.
Its not isolationism, its targeting a key economic sector to be protected from foreign company.. Every country does it..

hahaha problem is you guys have slave mentality and infiriority complex with Japanese. And why don't you guys stick with your chinese name only?? Why you name yourself after some english name too?? Wanna be whites?? Idiot.

Last edited:
Its not isolationism, its targeting a key economic sector to be protected from foreign company.. Every country does it..

Every country does it and India has been doing it too but the problem is those cheerleaders here criticizing India for the so called reason which you gave will be the same ones criticizing Indian Government for the same protectionist approach chanting that "India is not an open market" "it is a closed economy" and so on...

One of the reasons that Bharti Airtel today is the worlds third largest mobile operator that it had some of the Indian Government's protectionist approach against IKEA in its favour.....

I still remember the Chinese members yelling at the GOI when there came a news that the GOI was considering to ban We Chat messenger for some obvious reasons which would definitely have enhanced Hike messenger's growth prospects - developed by Bharti Softbank #double standards by the very same Chinese cheerleaders ranting all around here

India needs an open economy - protectionist approach to some extent is sensible but to literally crush and ban every firm which comes in the way will be utterly stupid to do....

BTW China never banned those foreign firms with the first intention to favour their domestic firms or to provide any sort of protectionist approach but the reason we all are well aware of....

Deng Xiaoping's favorite sayings in the early 1980s: "If you open the window for fresh air, you have to expect some flies to blow in." - The political and ideological background of the Internet censorship in PRC...

Back
Top Bottom