What's new

Why couldn't Islam eliminate homosexuality from Afghanistan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Allah created people with such sexual desires in the first place

That is mean as a test for them. Prophet Muhammad before getting Aishah from Allah also married widows that I believe show his ability to adore Allah ridho more than his desire.

Prophet Muhammad also do married for political purposes and it shows his own desire is sacrificed for the greater cause

There is Islam in theory and Islam actually practiced

Many hardliner impose law beyond what Islam actually preach, just like the obligation to wear hijab for women in Muslim countries who adopt Shariah Islam, despite it is clear in Quran saying there should not be any compulsion in religion.

A while ago I was reading about Bacha Bazi culture in Afghanistan..
It intrigues me why do Afghans not abhor the practice which is punished by death in islam(homosexuality) .
I know it is deep rooted in their culture..but its been more than 1300 years islam came to Afghanistan..Why is this practice not looked down upon or why are peolle who engage in it not punished by death?
The article mentioned Taliban banned the practice but it came back after 2001.
To my surprise , keeping the boy sex slave is a symbol of status among some tribes it seems.
I remember vividly Babar in his Autobiography mentioned that he fell in with a boy instantly in a market place .

We need to recognise, that culture is always a dominating a force, as strong as religion, in some cases it is stronger, in others the religious element trumps.

On the Pakistani side of the border the culture is very similar, but, because there is also a mixing with the wider Pakistani nationhood and identity, This issue has died down, although still there at a certain level, it happens in most conservative societies around the world, but it is nothing like in Afghanistan.

If one looks around the world, there is no fixed version of any religion, it is always the case that religion adopts to meet local cultures and customs to gain acceptability. Either customs and practices are incorporated into the religion, or some issues are ignored, and allowed to be sidelined by time.

I suppose that time has not come in Afghanistan, possibly due to constant state of conflict. A society needs long periods of peace and education before it can fully mature and let go of certain things.

People do things despite Islam just read classical Urdu literature/ poetry amrad parastee is one of the main themes

Mir kya sada hain, bimar huway jis kay sabab;
Usi attar kay londay sey dawa latay hain
One out of millions of examples.
There is Islam in theory and Islam actually practiced
When you go against Islamic injunctions you
can't call it Islam in practice you can call it non practice of islam or selective non practice of islam.

Last edited:
Simply disgusting using little boys for sex. I doubt these people ever read Quran in their lives otherwise they would never do such hideous acts with little kids. Nato forces turned blind eye and even promoted this in afghanistan.

Simply disgusting using little boys for sex. I doubt these people ever read Quran in their lives otherwise they would never do such hideous acts with little kids. Nato forces turned blind eye and even promoted this in afghanistan.
Who reads Quran if we did we won't be this divided and astray

If evil could be vanquished all together from Earth, we wouldn't be in this test. Unfortunately, the struggle of fighting against our consensual and non-consensual urges is the reason why we are in this test. The best of us is the one who can take control of their mind and body. Islam is meant to help us but eventually it is us who have to allow our life to be consumed by what our beloved Prophet (PBUH) left us as a gift and living miracle.

In south-asia, child molestation and rape cases are increasing but no country has yet done anything to stop it. Tough laws is part of the solution but the other part is to groom our nation with proper knowledge and guidance. Pakistan doesn't talk about these tabboo topics even though we all know its happening all around us. Even married people can't discuss these things in family because our culture. Psychiatrist are looked down upon even though they can help. Rest of us are just left to pray but over all we are not moving forward. Zainab alert apps are good but govt. needs to step up their efforts in this area.

Instead of asking opinion of others,, why do ppl not use thr own sensibilities.
It isn't too hard n it helps develop critical cognitive thinking.
Why cudnt communism/marxism eliminate inequality?
Why cudnt democracy eliminate poverty/corruption etc?
Inequality is not same as having sex...islamic societies are very conservative...in places like afghanistan women dont even venture out.
A girl if she has with sex with her Boyfriend is almost killed.
It's beyond me how such a society tolerates homosexuality...homosexuality is looked down upon even in western societies where it is legal...in places like india, homos dont even admit they are homos publicly.
Then how come afghan society is so liberal about all these things especially when their religion is so harsh about it.

Inequality is not same as having sex...islamic societies are very conservative...in places like afghanistan women dont even venture out.
A girl if she has with sex with her Boyfriend is almost killed.
It's beyond me how such a society tolerates homosexuality...homosexuality is looked down upon even in western societies where it is legal...in places like india, homos dont even admit they are homos publicly.
Then how come afghan society is so liberal about all these things especially when their religion is so harsh about it.
First you are confusing homosexuality with amrad parastee which is a human vice for example Greeks were and are amrad parasts not homosexuals homosexuality is a totally different thing and is absolutely not tolerated by any of the Muslim cultures and societies

Last edited:
A while ago I was reading about Bacha Bazi culture in Afghanistan..
It intrigues me why do Afghans not abhor the practice which is punished by death in islam(homosexuality) .
I know it is deep rooted in their culture..but its been more than 1300 years islam came to Afghanistan..Why is this practice not looked down upon or why are peolle who engage in it not punished by death?
The article mentioned Taliban banned the practice but it came back after 2001.
To my surprise , keeping the boy sex slave is a symbol of status among some tribes it seems.
I remember vividly Babar in his Autobiography mentioned that he fell in with a boy instantly in a market place .

It is a humanity crises no religion successful in eliminating this problem christian Judaism or Hinduism all failed

On one hand access to p0rnography, explicit movies and literature is easier than ever. On the other hand access to legal sex i.e marriage is harder than ever. End result: homosexuality, rapes, child molestation, harassment etc etc.

On one hand access to p0rnography, explicit movies and literature is easier than ever. On the other hand access to legal sex i.e marriage is harder than ever. End result: homosexuality, rapes, child molestation, harassment etc etc.
Far more in India than any other country

That is mean as a test for them. Prophet Muhammad before getting Aishah from Allah also married widows that I believe show his ability to adore Allah ridho more than his desire.
Marrying and having children was the only way of survival in those days there were more females than males for obvious reasons it was a matter of survival for them men were Pershing in a far greater numbers than women this was the case not just for them but for generations after them sorry to say but the example of Jesus christ as portrayed by Christians would have made them extinct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom