What's new

Why couldn't Islam eliminate homosexuality from Afghanistan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vikki

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Trolling
A while ago I was reading about Bacha Bazi culture in Afghanistan..
It intrigues me why do Afghans not abhor the practice which is punished by death in islam(homosexuality) .
I know it is deep rooted in their culture..but its been more than 1300 years islam came to Afghanistan..Why is this practice not looked down upon or why are peolle who engage in it not punished by death?
The article mentioned Taliban banned the practice but it came back after 2001.
To my surprise , keeping the boy sex slave is a symbol of status among some tribes it seems.
I remember vividly Babar in his Autobiography mentioned that he fell in with a boy instantly in a market place .

It's a cultural problem, always have been.

Islam isn't a exterminator, it's a reformer. You don't want to change? Well, there's people across the valley, river or whatever where you can go and be like them. :D

The same reason that honor killing exists. All pre-Islamic traditions could not be eliminated. In Africa Muslims even adopted female circumcision. I heard in India Muslims still practice caste system like Hindus (Indians on PDF say this). Need strong laws to change things.

It intrigues me why do Afghans not abhor the practice which is punished by death in islam(homosexuality) .
I know it is deep rooted in their culture..but its been more than 1300 years islam came to Afghanistan..Why is this practice not looked down upon or why are peolle who engage in it not punished by death?
To my surprise , keeping the boy sex slave is a symbol of status among some tribes it seems.
I remember vividly Babar in his Autobiography mentioned that he fell in with a boy instantly in a market place .

Their are some punishments which has death penalties clearly no islamic country follow islamic law. it still maybe cudnt eliminate but cud drop huge number their are other countries have bacha bazi more than afg if you compare the population.

almost everything in afghanistan is mixture of afhan culture +anything
islam + afghan culture and they invented so many things

killing everyone as kaffir
killing even zoo animals
destroying human rights
destroying women rights
jehad day and night 24/7 civil war

almost every ignorance they did and labeled it islam . they have special islam on earth

It's a cultural problem, always have been.

Islam isn't a exterminator, it's a reformer. You don't want to change? Well, there's people across the valley, river or whatever where you can go and be like them. :D

you have homesexuality in saudi arabia in spite of harsh Islamic laws

the way i look at it - if you pick a female from another tribe it is war. who wants to fight a war ? if you pick a boy no harm is done. what is the big surprise here ?

I believe it's more Pashtun culture than Afghan culture, because Tajiks, Hazaras, and Uzbeks find it just as shocking as other people. Correct me if I'm wrong.
I generally avoid Pathans unless they're the educated Pakistanized type.

There is no Islamic government in the world, which has sharia in its real sense.
It is idiotic to assume their society approve this heinous crime.
It is also a stereotype to consider that it is status symbol in their society.
Why people are not punished? Answer is a very meek and weak justice system in developing countries and 3rd world countries and second western world vehemently oppose death penalty for any crime let alone this act that they approve and support as human right, and 3rd world countries are dependent and under influence of these so called civilized countries.
If you think whole Afghan society is involved in this, then you are just being Indian, critiquing Islam and muslim societies.

you have homesexuality in saudi arabia in spite of harsh Islamic laws

the way i look at it - if you pick a female from another tribe it is war. who wants to fight a war ? if you pick a boy no harm is done. what is the big surprise here ?

Child molestation is a crime also. So war it will be.

It is child molestation as well as homosexuality. In Islam a child becomes and adult when they hit puberty, the age is around 10-12.

Yes, homos disproportionately are represented higher among pedophiles and child molesters. They are sick and mentally deranged people and why more and more Muslim countries are tolerating them is beyond me. If I was in charge of Pakistan I would have every man dressing as a woman (khusra) sent to the nearest police station and beaten with a lathi for forty days straight, instead of giving them legal rights.

The Taliban with their dislike of women being in public life actually created the condition for bacha bazi to continue.

The Taliban with their dislike of women being in public life actually created the condition for bacha bazi to continue.

Hahahaha hard no. You need to provide proof for such biased opinions.

Let me provide a better reason why it flourished:

Bacha Bazi is said to have decreased during Taliban rule, so I don't know where you got your facts from. Probably Indian media...

Can you please provide the timestamp into the vid where bacha bazi is mentioned ? I watched 5+ mins of the vid and it was just glorifying and legitimizing those so-called Mujahideen.

Bacha Bazi is said to have decreased during Taliban rule, so I don't know where you got your facts from. Probably Indian media...

Isn't it well known that some maulanas in India and Pakistan sexually assault male students in their charge ? Surely it would be same in Afghanistan too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom