What's new

Why Chennai can't and won't speak Hindi

There are reasons why Hindi will never take root in India. Our neighbouring states speak Dravidian languages, and knowing one language , it is possible to learn other 3 languages with considerable ease.
In other words Keralites and Tamils are "insulated" from Hindi. Bengali, Marathi, Punjabi are spoken in a area, all surrounded by Hindi speaking states. More mix of people happens, and Hindi have evolved into a Lingua Franca like something. It cannot apply in the case of Tamil Nadu.
We are not surrounded by Hindi speaking states, and transfer of people from North to South is less. But learning Hindi is good for national Integration. It isnt a bad thing. But no need to force it on people.
DMK swept to power, on the Hindi-Tamil issues, if any one do not know the reason. If not for DMK, other languages might not have been provided official status (maybe). We are happy with status quo.
And there was no reason for anyone to dig up a old thread.
But most of the things by central government are indirectly forcing everyone to learn Hindi that's what my point.
I never had hatred towards Hindi

Nobodys insecure here you dick head!...If he wants clarification he needs to learn how to use Google....and stop pimping for him..I am sure he is a grown *** chump who can fight his own battles.

Cos this is a open forum and any poster have every right to ask any relevant query about the subject discussed..Using google is his prerequisite, If you did'nt want to answer it should best kept your worthless two cents of crap to yourself.. Ofcause it shows what a petty insecure dip shits some of you really are..

Cos this is a open forum and any poster have every right to ask any relevant query about the subject discussed..Using google is his prerequisite, If you did'nt want to answer it should best kept your worthless two cents of crap to yourself.. Ofcause it shows what a petty insecure dip shits some of you really are..
This is discussion Forum!...Punk!.....not a question and answer session!...Why should I feel in-secure that too by a worthless Sinhala!...Smuck..!

Cos this is a open forum and any poster have every right to ask any relevant query about the subject discussed.. Using google is his prerequisite, If you did'nt want to answer it should best kept your worthless two cents of crap to yourself.. Ofcause it shows what petty insecure dip shits some of you really are..

This is discussion Forum!...Punk!.....not a question and answer session!...Why should I feel in-secure that too by a worthless Sinhala!...Smuck..!

Didnt take much for the worm to crawl out of the wood work now did it.. :lol: ..

It IS a discussion forum you stupid madrasi..
hence he asked a relevant question, Again nobody asked for your opinion, If you didnt have the answer, Keep it to yourself and glad you exposed your insecurity to the whole with that rant, Just because he was a Sinhalese.. Pathetic wankers, Your not fooling anybody.. :lol:

nothing wrong with Chennai not speaking Hindi, many country's have multiple provinces, some are more assertive about their cultures while others are more accommodating in to the center, in Canada Quebec is more assertive about their culture language while Ontario is more accommodating to the center in Pakistan, the western part (central Asian) more assertive about their culture ,language while the eastern part (Indic) is more accommodating to the center, likewise in India, South India is more assertive about their culture while north India is more accommodating to the center its normal , some people are more sensitive about their language, culture etc's then others
Even in South India, the biggest States - Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh are very accomodating.

The only anti-Hindi vitriol even in South India comes from Tamil Nadu and to a far lesser extent Kerala.

Didnt take much for the worm to crawl out of the wood work now did it.. :lol: ..

It IS a discussion forum you stupid madrasi..
hence he asked a relevant question, Again nobody asked for your opinion, If you didnt have the answer, Keep it to yourself and glad you exposed your insecurity with that rant, Just because he was a Sinhalese.. Pathetic wanker.. :lol:

I know that it is a discussion forum you dickhead Singhala wanker..Why don't you take up pimping as a fulltime job...looks like you like to fight other peoples fights...I know the answer to your friends question...I did not know CEYLOONEYS don't know how to use Google....If that is the case I can teach you and your kind the same.

Tamils can speak any language they want and us as Indians will still feel proud of them, there impact on our history and culture is great.

And to all the Sri Lankans trying to antagonize our Tamil brothers, please do one and focus on something you actually have knowledge about.:lol:

I know that it is a discussion forum you dickhead Singhala wanker..Why don't you take up pimping as a fulltime job...looks like you like to fight other peoples fights...I know the answer to your friends question...I did not know CEYLOONEYS don't know how to use Google....If that is the case I can teach you and your kind the same.

Sadly you stupid Madrasi.. Yet again you're barking up the wrong tree, Abusing Sinhalese people, I really dont give a hoot.. Then again what else can anybody expect from your brainwashed ilk that knows next to nothing outside your make belief third class lives .. Pathetic bunch of retards who are a nuisance to sundry and all

And to all the Sri Lankans trying to antagonize our Tamil brothers, please do one and focus on something you actually have knowledge about.:lol:

Who's antagonizing these insecure Madrasi's ? It's not anybody else's fault that they got anal leakage just because a legitimate question was raised by somebody who just happen to be a Sri Lankan.. Just shows their pathetic hate and prejudice..Go check the posts

Who's antagonizing these insecure Madrasi's ? It's not anybody else's fault that they got anal leakage just because a legitimate question was raised by somebody who just happen to be a Sri Lankan.. Just shows their pathetic hate and prejudice..Go check the posts
You are antagonizing them by referring to them as "insecure" and saying they have "anal leakage" among other things.:coffee:
Talk about hate and prejudice.:lol:

Haven't you got stuff to do like killing civilians?

Sadly you stupid Madrasi.. Yet again you're barking up the wrong tree, Abusing Sinhalese people, I really dont give a hoot.. Then again what else can anybody expect from your brainwashed ilk that knows next to nothing outside your make belief third class lives .. Pathetic bunch of retards who are a nuisance to sundry and all

Dude...you started it...I have copying /pasting it here!..." This is what you said....you CEYLOONEY..read below.;

He is simply asking clarification not proving a point.. Answer his question without being a insecure dick

North India mainly Hindi speaking states never been accommodating to people of other languages. They just want everyone to learn Hindi to communicate with them. South is more accommodating and friendlier according to your logic. By any way Soouthern states are tolerating Hindi but will it ever been the case for north? NO

I have faced ill treatment only in Chennai.. Have been to major cities in Kerala and Karnataka and I live in Hyderabad and have been to many towns in A.P.. Chennai is a exception when it comes to accommodating.

Only States like Andhra Pradesh, Kerala and Karnataka are accommodating. Chennai (Don't know of the Entire TN), is far from it. Ask any Northie, hell most of my telugu friends don't like Chennai themselves. Even some of teh guys I met from Coimbatore and Salem had to say the same about Chennai.

North was not so much accommodating before but then things have changed.

Last edited:
I never said don't learn Hindi and even I know Hindi. Its compulsory when we go to Hindi speaking state but it doesn't mean everyone should learn itand make Hindi national language.
So why don't you learn one Indian language other than Hindi then we will make Hindi mandatory? Isn't this hypocrisy?

No it is not hypocrisy. Simply for the fact that Hindi is spoken in more than just a couple of states unlike say marathi, tamil, telgu, kannada, gujrati, rajasthani etc. As i have stated earlier i have nothing against any regional languages. All I am saying is that donot demonize hindi as if it will gobble up everything. I have stayed in maharastra for over half a decade and now i am in karnataka. I may not be fluent while speaking or read the language effortlessly but i can understand both of them well enough.

No one and certainly not me, am asking you to start talking with ur family members in hindi. You speak which ever language you wish to but donot have an attitude of " i will not speak hindi because you donot speak ..........." you can fill which ever language you wish to in the blank.

I donot know if you have ventured out TN or not.. but suppose u have a chance to goto assam for few days or weeks.. will u learn assamese just like an assamese?? or if someone from assam comes to TN then shuld he learn tamil to speak just like a tamilian would. How will you converse ?? In English?? If yes then y not hindi at least the language is Indian. Of course u should learn few words or phrases which will make life easier but the issue is how do u converse, hold proper conversation.

Hindi is not the problem , the problem is attitude yours in this instance . Any way I think we can agree to disagree on this one. I have no intention of continuing this conversation any further as we are going around in circles.

I didnot have any intention to hurt yours or anyone else's sentiments. you speak the language you wish to. But remember one thing nation's cannot exist in harmony with different regions going in different directions. One has to find a common ground and as far as languages go hindi can be the common ground without having to look abroad.

Then how come Pakistan has national language - Urdu? :crazy:
Keeping aside Urdu's origins...
What your mainstream media especially mainstream movies use is Urdu too; fairly large number of indians speak Urdu but falsely call it "Hindi"...

Indians have recently started calling that as Hindi. Just a while back, indian movies contain evidence as to what was Urdu as opposed to Hindi... (See the link at the end of this post)

Why Southern Tibetans can't speak Hindi ...
I have worked with some Tibetans, they spoke "Urdu" VERY well. They did NOT speak "Hindi" as hindi is demonstrated to be in scenes from old indian movies below.

..do you deny that they dislike Hindi??
Why Chennai can't and won't speak Hindi!
One of the oldest debates in forum world.
LOL. Say goodbye to Hindi.
At least Hindi is a beautiful language that we can listen....

One more thing that they are doing is calling Urdu as Hindi.... Some indian movies contain scenes where they demonstrate the difference b/w Urdu & Hindi. What is demonstrated as Urdu in following movie scenes is NOE being called Hindi by indians. And of course Hindi is Hindi too. So they have 2 Hindis now: Hindi-"Hindi" & Urdu-"Hindi"(a recent misnomer).

Last edited:
I am a Telugu guy from Chennai...I consider myself more Tamil than Telugu...so what's your point.

I just ask a simple question..which I have heard.
It is not important whether you are Telugu or Tamil or you feel like Tamil bla bla things for me.

-------------

To other Indian members...... Is that true that India has one south Indian state which has a lesbian CM ??

Back
Top Bottom