What's new

Why Chennai can't and won't speak Hindi

yeah so thats around 1600s but my family lives where we live since 900 AD.

so,it is irrelevant.

yeah so thats around 1600s but my family lives where we live since 900 AD.

so,it is irrelevant.

Also bb.. the quote is also intentionally misleading.. The poster is renowned for it.. No nobody considers the Nayakkar Kings to be the last Sinhala Kings, They were indeed the Last Kings of Kandyan kingdom though.. Again shows the inclusiveness of the Lankan society even at that time to consider a foreigner as a ruler the much to the disappointment of rabid racists like the aforementioned poster, Trying to distort history

The last Sinhala king was

Vira Parakrama Narendra Sinha (1707–1739 AD)

Vira Parakrama Narendra Sinha was believed to be a considerably pious monarch, and like his predecessor, he lived at peace with the Dutch invaders and devoted himself to the furtherance of literature and religion. His wife was a Madurai Nayak Dynasty princess from southern India. Since he had no children of his own he was succeeded by his wife's brother, Sri Vijaya Rajasinha, who was ofNayakkar nationality which originated from south India. After that the throne of the Sinhalese kings passed to the Nayakkars till the monarchy ended.

Vira Narendra Sinha of Kandy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
it is immaterial gibbs,like i said,even if the sinhalese people saw him as their own king,there is nothing wrong.

Only the person's impartiality and behaviour counts for being a king,nonetheless manlion is some random dude.

it is immaterial gibbs,like i said,even if the sinhalese people saw him as their own king,there is nothing wrong.

Only the person's impartiality and behaviour counts for being a king,nonetheless manlion is some random dude.

Exactly..

The politics of TN/Kerala & SL cant have a peaceful environment unless the periyarists & Communists go to their graves.

Even the SL tamils hate periyarists,the worst numbskulls ever in this world.

that was the past, but reality is not the same once they convert and take on a new identity as in the case of Kerala vs Tamilnadu or Hindustan vs Pakistan etc

PS , don't trust the words of neutralists, they live in denial
is Kerala or Tamilnadu a separate country???..

who r u to talk about integrating us achayan?

go figure ur identity first.
ungalukku enna thakaraaru???...
my identity-'Indian malayali'..
poi oru plate thayir saatham sappidungo..

You learn new things everyday.. Tks
even many srilankan muslims have malayali ancestry....but they too not admit it in public...

Last edited:
I am extremely baffled to see people telling us about our language like @asad71 Bangladeshi who can't speak even a single sentence in Hindi-Urdu properly but can give a long lecture or you-know-who @manlion telling us about our language using random google search. :omghaha::omghaha:

even many srilankan muslims have malayali ancestry....but they too not admit it in public...

Well not really.. Eastern province Muslims that speak Tamil are indeed well known to be of Malayalee and Telingu ancestry.. Moors of central and south Western parts of the country have middle eastern heritage

Infact even the majority of people who are now known as the mainland or Vanni Tamils were indentured labor brought by the Dutch in the 16th century for their large tobacco plantations in the Northern hinterlands from Malabar and Corromendal coasts.. So most are in fact Tamilized Malayalees and Telingu people.. The British brought Tamil Nadu slave labor for the coffee/tea industry much later in the 19th century

Jaffna Tamils (Vellaya) sic. are ethnic Lankans for over a millenia

Last edited:
I am extremely baffled to see people telling us about our language like @asad71 Bangladeshi who can't speak even a single sentence in Hindi-Urdu properly but can give a long lecture or you-know-who @manlion telling us about our language using random google search. :omghaha::omghaha:
Urdu and Hindi are two distinctly different languages. Fyi, I know Urdu pretty well. And I understand Hindi, thanks to Bollywood.

Urdu and Hindi are two distinctly different languages. Fyi, I know Urdu pretty well. And I understand Hindi, thanks to Bollywood.

Both are same language who were artificially divided. Bollywood has played a great role to reuniting this artificial division.

Well not really.. Eastern province Muslims that speak Tamil are indeed well known to be of Malayalee and Telingu ancestry.. Moors of central and south Western parts of the country have middle eastern heritage

Infact even the majority of people who are now known as the mainland or Vanni Tamils were indentured labor brought by the Dutch in the 16th century for their large tobacco plantations in the Northern hinterlands from Malabar and Corromendal coasts.. So most are in fact Tamilized Malayalees and Telingu people.. The British brought Tamil Nadu slave labor for the coffee/tea industry much later in the 19th century

actually the ancestors of present day srilankan tamils were mainly from kanyakumari district of Tamilnadu(it was under Kerala until 1957) and coastal south Kerala...they have been living there since 11th century(first wave of migration)..thereafter mostly came from other parts of tamilnadu and blended with already existed people...even now jaffna shows strong cultural similarities with Kerala and kanyakumari...jaffna tamil and malayalam/kanyakumari Tamil has many words in common and preserved many ancient Dravidian words that are not used in the present day Tamilnadu Tamil and they even speak tamil with a strong malayalam nasal accent.and also food like puttu,aviyal,vella appam etc,use of coconut milk in foods...matrilineal clan system etc...these are not found in other parts of Tamilnadu

ungalukku enna thakaraaru???...
my identity-'Indian malayali'..
poi oru plate thayir saatham sappidungo..

i eat whatever i want,u ll always be an mallu in tamilnadu and i ll be a native.so,stop giving ideas about integration here.

We are more tamil than 50% of the people in TN today.

Gibbs,it is Vellalar.

actually the ancestors of present day srilankan tamils were mainly from kanyakumari district of Tamilnadu(it was under Kerala until 1957) and coastal south Kerala...they have been living there since 11th century(first wave of migration)..thereafter mostly came from other parts of tamilnadu and blended with already existed people...even now jaffna shows strong cultural similarities with Kerala and kanyakumari...jaffna tamil and malayalam/kanyakumari Tamil has many words in common and preserved many ancient Dravidian words that are not used in the present day Tamilnadu Tamil and they even speak tamil with a strong malayalam nasal accent.and also food like puttu,aviyal,vella appam etc,use of coconut milk in foods...matrilineal clan system etc...these are not found in other parts of Tamilnadu

what have you been smoking lately ? if you have zilch knowledge on Tamil history , lay off and stop speculating with no historic reference to back up your mental masturbation

i eat whatever i want,u ll always be an mallu in tamilnadu and i ll be a native.so,stop giving ideas about integration here.

We are more tamil than 50% of the people in TN today.

Gibbs,it is Vellalar.
neenga kathaikirathu vilangathu...
i am not interested in your tamilnadu ...i am residing and working in attibele,Bangalore...i don't think that its in Tamilnadu..Tamilnadu stops in hosur.

what have you been smoking lately ? if you have zilch knowledge on Tamil history , lay off and stop speculating with no historic reference to back up your mental masturbation
what???
just do ''GOOGLE SEARCH'.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom