What's new

Why Chennai can't and won't speak Hindi

chchariya kathaichittan....same applies to you.....why can't you comfortably integrate with other srilankans???why want a separate country???...try to integrate with them as a part of one nation program ,first..after that,we can think about the integration of Tamilnadu Brahmins...
thank you...

shooting the wrong target again ???
integration applies specifically to certain ethnic groups - e.g Aryans, Keralites , Chinalese

And where and when have I advocated integration of invaders with native Tamils ? keep your eyes open in PDF

The common words are from Sanskrit roots. Same is the case with Kannada.

In fact, being a Hindi speaker, I find Kannada the easiest to understand (though still to a small degree) compared to any other South Indian language.

Kanndigas and Telugus both have a great ability to speak multiple languages. I have met many people who speak anywhere from 4 to 9 languages and all of them very well.
but i think telegu,especially Hyderabadi telegu is more Sanskritized than kannada....many urdu/Persian words are also in telegu.Kannada is more close to Tamil....

The common words are from Sanskrit roots. Same is the case with Kannada.

In fact, being a Hindi speaker, I find Kannada the easiest to understand (though still to a small degree) compared to any other South Indian language.

Kanndigas and Telugus both have a great ability to speak multiple languages. I have met many people who speak anywhere from 4 to 9 languages and all of them very well.
but i think telegu,especially Hyderabadi telegu is more Sanskritized than kannada....many urdu/Persian words are also in telegu.Kannada is more close to Tamil....

shooting the wrong target again ???
integration applies specifically to certain ethnic groups - e.g Aryans, Keralites , Chinalese

And where and when have I advocated integration of invaders with native Tamils ? keep your eyes open in PDF
you have already stated here that singhalese were Tamils,who converted to Buddhism...what is the problem,then??? ...your facial looks,skin tone..even cusine,festivals are almost same...the only two major difference is in your languages and religions...right???

you have already stated here that singhalese were Tamils,who converted to Buddhism...what is the problem,then??? ...your facial looks,skin tone..even cusine,festivals are almost same...the only two major difference is in your languages and religions...right???

That perception is quite wrong.. There are similarities but also distinct differences in all aspects you have mentioned.. Sri Lankans are not a homogeneous society as some of you ignorantly perceive..

This is a unbias statement given that i belong to neither community

P.S: I would'nt even bother to reply to the fairy tale part you quoted in the first question of your post..

Last edited:
That perception is quite wrong.. There are similarities but also distinct differences in all aspects you have mentioned.. Sri Lankans are not a homogeneous society as some of you ignorantly perceive..

This is a unbias statement given that i belong to neither community
yes,i find ,kandiyan singhalese look more like malayalis and coastal singhalese like Tamils...???
are you a moor??

yes,i find ,kandiyan singhalese look more like malayalis and coastal singhalese like Tamils...???
are you a moor??

Actually low country Sinhalese looks more like Malayalee's and most Kandyans dont look anything like South Indian.. Even that too is general in assumption.. Even being a small island people differ from coast to coast from appearances to customs

Nope not a Moor

Actually low country Sinhalese looks more like Malayalee's and most Kandyans dont look anything like South Indian.. Even that too is general in assumption.. Even being a small island people differ from coast to coast from appearances to customs

Nope not a Moor
but i read that karaiyars and karawas have the same origin and also many of the Tamils living in puttalam,negombo areas are now identify as singhalese..??

but i read that karaiyars and karawas have the same origin and also many of the Tamils living in puttalam,negombo areas are now identify as singhalese..??

Yeah thats true.. But Karawas are basically Sinhalized Tamils.. Kandyians are Radhala and other low country Sinhalese belong to Govigama, Salawa etc, Which are the original Sinhalese castes if im not mistaken..

My knowledge in Lankan caste system is quite limited so i would'nt know much details about it maybe @Skyline or @Saradiel can shed some light to it.. And i think you're talking about the Bharatha community in Negombo and north western coasts..

Bharatha people - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Actually low country Sinhalese looks more like Malayalee
because eezhavas of Kerala are believed to be came from srilanka...eezhavas make up nearly 26 % of malayali population...

that was the past, but reality is not the same once they convert and take on a new identity as in the case of Kerala vs Tamilnadu or Hindustan vs Pakistan etc

PS , don't trust the words of neutralists, they live in denial

Some people who have nothing to do with India seem much obsessed about us.

Our advice: Just lay off...

chchariya kathaichittan....same applies to you.....why can't you comfortably integrate with other srilankans???why want a separate country???...try to integrate with them as a part of one nation program ,first..after that,we can think about the integration of Tamilnadu Brahmins...
thank you...

who r u to talk about integrating us achayan?

go figure ur identity first.

th

NP, even Tamil Brahmins are from UP, Bihar etc brought to TN by the Chola, Pandya and Pallava kings , these ANI rickshawallas, Tamil brahmins' lost cousins , can comfortably integrate with local TN Brahmins as part of ANI-ASI consortium

Yeah and there are 30% people in TN who are even more recent immigrants including ev ramaswamy naicker/vaiko etc.

Yeah and there are 30% people in TN who are even more recent immigrants including ev ramaswamy naicker/vaiko etc.

they migrated during the Nayaks rule of Madurai, who also ruled the Sinhala Kandiyan Kingdom

-Sri Vikrama Rajasinha (1780 - January 30th 1832, born Kannasamy Nayaka) was the last of four Kings, to rule the last Sinhalese monarchy of the Kingdom of Kandy in Sri Lanka. The Nayak Kings were Telugu Buddhists that spoke Tamil

Sri Vikrama Rajasinha of Kandy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaSri Vikrama Rajasinha of Kandy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom