What's new

Why Chennai can't and won't speak Hindi

Increasing post count, eh! How much did you earn today?

How many of you Zombie Mongoloids are getting employment in this "Industry". I knew all that GDP data of China is fake and unemployment is rampant.

LOL, you're fretting. You're going off topic. Admit it, you were fooled by the brahmins. :omghaha:

LOL, you're fretting. You're going off topic. Admit it, you were fooled by the brahmins. :omghaha:

Stick to the topics you know about. So far, I find Mongoloids comfortable with the following 3 topics:

1. Chinese GDP is the highest

2. Chinese GDP is the highest in the world

3. We have the highest GDP in the world.

Take it from a Brahmin - Sanskrit is far beyond the stunted mental faculties of robots existing in a totalitarian system.

Stick to the topics you know about. So far, I find Mongoloids comfortable with the following 3 topics:

1. Chinese GDP is the highest

2. Chinese GDP is the highest in the world

3. We have the highest GDP in the world.

Take it from a Brahmin - Sanskrit is far beyond the stunted mental faculties of robots existing in a totalitarian system.

LOL, you've gone completely off topic :omghaha:

Take it from a brahmin? LOL, I'm not as dumb, I won't be fooled. Remember, Sanskrit is dead :omghaha: :omghaha:

South Indians should be forced to learn and speak Hindi, their local languages should not be taught in school this will help to create a common language in India.

English has more of a chance becoming a common link language, it is also the commercial and academical lingua franca in the world.

it is more beneficial to learn English than Hindi. And less contentious too. Whatever economic growth India has/had was spearheaded by the services sector dominated by English speaking Indians marketing themselves on the basis of linguistic proficiency mainly in English.

Indian corporate houses are able to act in foreign shores because oft this proficiency which reduces cultural barriers.

However Indians are lacking severely in other language skills in Spanish or mandarin which will give them an edge in opening up trade in Latin America etc.

Also shoving your culture and language down other people's throats is usually a bad idea. Ethnic conflicts start like that. many Indians like South Indians learn Hindi due to their own volition or economic necessity.

I don't know this is troll post or not but some points are really true. Even I have heard North Indian people bashing Tamil people for not speaking Hindi with them in Chennai...

This is ignorance at its best combined with Hindi superiority attitude. Tamil is not just language for communication for Tamil people, its something more than that. Tamils don't hate Hindi or Hindi people, all we ask his try to respect the diversity.

When there is a need one will learn and it depends on individual. Stop thinking that everyone in India must speak Hindi.

I don't know this is troll post or not but some points are really true. Even I have heard North Indian people bashing Tamil people for not speaking Hindi with them in Chennai...

This is ignorance at its best combined with Hindi superiority attitude. Tamil is not just language for communication for Tamil people, its something more than that. Tamils don't hate Hindi or Hindi people, all we ask his try to respect the diversity.

When there is a need one will learn and it depends on individual. Stop thinking that everyone in India must speak Hindi.

Mate that guy is a Pakistani and trolling deliberately.

It is absolutely up to an individual to decide to learn any language he wants to learn. In India all officical languages are at part constitutionally and there is nothing special about Hindi other than the fact that it happens to be spoken by a larger number of people as a mother tongue (or a second language).

I have seen many South Indians (e.g. Kannada and Telugu guys) using Hindi to interact with each other.

Hindi is my native language and I completely agree with what you say here. In fact I think South Indians are very good with languages in general. I have seen so many of them speak at least 3-4 languages very well.

Mate that guy is a Pakistani and trolling deliberately.

It is absolutely up to an individual to decide to learn any language he wants to learn. In India all officical languages are at part constitutionally and there is nothing special about Hindi other than the fact that it happens to be spoken by a larger number of people as a mother tongue (or a second language).

I have seen many South Indians (e.g. Kannada and Telugu guys) using Hindi to interact with each other.

Hindi is my native language and I completely agree with what you say here. In fact I think South Indians are very good with languages in general. I have seen so many of them speak at least 3-4 languages very well.

But fact is Hindi imposition is still at large. Look it starts from simple rupee coin which is printed only in English and Hindi, why not give equal rights for all languages?
Use Tamil and english for 2 rupee coin, Kannada-ENglish for 5 rupee...Flawed language policy and no meaning for "Unity in Diversity".

If they enforce you too speak Hindi,then give them a good slap on his face.As a malayali I will support you.we love our India not because of Hindi.we love our motherland India without Hindi support .No one can enforce others for talking same language.That is freedom give us by our country.

Okay take a situation-

A Northie goes to Chennai. He can't speak Tamil and also doesn't know any English. he wants to talk to a Tamil guy who knows how to speak Hindi. Should the Tamil guy just walk away or converse with the Northie in hindi ?

Hehe this reminds me of a Tamil friend I had in 4th standard who used to get slapped by the Hindi teacher everyday.

But fact is Hindi imposition is still at large. Look it starts from simple rupee coin which is printed only in English and Hindi, why not give equal rights for all languages?
Use Tamil and english for 2 rupee coin, Kannada-ENglish for 5 rupee...Flawed language policy and no meaning for "Unity in Diversity".

May that is due to majority case .Majority people talk Hindi and it is our national language.But we can see all regional languages in currency .

Because we have over 100 languages, do we have 100 kinds of coins or notes?

Tomorrow, once each note is assigned a language, the ultra-weirdos will start asking as to why is Hindi written on a 5 rupee coin and Tamil or Kannada on 2 rupee coin, why not equal rights for all.

Hindi is spoken by over 40% of Indians, making it a default link language.

These are excellent suggestions. I hope they take that up.

Most of our economic and financial decision makers are actually South Indians including the Reserve bank governor, Finance minister etc.

These are excellent suggestions. I hope they take that up.

Most of our economic and financial decision makers are actually South Indians including the Reserve bank governor, Finance minister etc.
Ridiculous suggestion. If token symbolism is all that the Indian junta wants, then yes it is a good suggestion. There is autonomy given to all States to protect and promote their local languages as Languages of India. Within their autonomy, they have achieved that. Now asking for tokenism like putting a different language on each coin or note is not going to promote or protect that language. It will simply be popularism for those States.

The only reason Hindi is clubbed with English in national importance is because of the sheer number of people who speak Hindi. In another decade over 50% of India would be speaking Hindi. Decisions taken at the Central level are meant for the widest possible audience. All States have autonomy to use the local language at their State level, not impose it on national level which would create administrative problems.

One more point, whether or not most of the economic and financial decision makers are South Indians, it has zero relevance on how anyone gets benefited. There are very few, if at all, any North East Indians as the economic and financial decision makers, does this mean their tribal languages are not as important as Tamil or Kannad if we start printing those on coins?

Back
Top Bottom