What's new

Why Bangladesh need a strong army

Foreign Ministry strongly condemns BJP president's plea for war against Bangladesh
This is a good news. This shows the true ugly face of India. The pro-Indian politicians inside the two major Parties in BD will find it difficult to say big praise for India from now on.

But, very interesting thing is when India itself is infested with Muslim aand Hindu terrorists, their leaders fingerpoint at another country to bblame for their own shortcomings.

:lol: Zakir your idiocy makes me laugh. You've taken over the post once occupied by the erstwhile "Communist" - that of the forum Joker.

Enjoy Bangladesh's success? Yeah sure, if we were sadistic individuals who enjoyed watching a country being perennially under the threat of floods, where politicians continuously accused each other of election fraud, whose military just recently was trying to stamp out a rebellion, 45% of whose people were under the poverty line......yeah sure we "enjoy" your....umm...success.

The only thing we need to congratulate Bangladesh is the initiatives of Grameen bank.

I dont want to start another mud slinging here.
Last time I checked, Indian poverty is 42% according to World bank's definition and 27% according to Indian definition.

In Bangladesh we only follow World Bank's defintion, and according to the latest data it was 38%.

This is why Bangladesh needs strong army.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Indian govt asked to explain murder, rape of Bangladeshis by BSF
Staff Correspondent
The national human rights commission of India has asked its government to explain the killing of a Bangladeshi national and rape of his wife by the Border Security Forces in April.The commission, in a notice issued on July 21, asked the Indian home secretary and director general of police of West Bengal to submit the requisite information and report on the incident in six weeks.

The commission took the move after the victim of the rape, Kalyani Rani Mandal, widow of slain Rabindranath Mandal, lodged a complaint with it through the Global Human Rights Defence on July 21Rabindranath and Kalyani of the village Bolabari in Ashashuni, Shatkhira, were arrested by BSF personnel when they were returning home from Nadiya district of West Bengal on 23 April, 2009.

The BSF stopped the couple near pillar 4 of the Satkhira-Lakshmidari border and bludgeoned Rabindranath to death. After killing the man, they tortured and raped Kalyani. Bangladesh’s rights watchdog Odhikar conducted a fact-finding mission regarding the gory incident.
During the mission, Odhikar talked with Kalyani, relatives of slain Rabindranath, witnesses, doctors treating the victim at hospital, members of the law enforcing agencies and local government representatives in Satkhira.

The mission came to know that after arresting the couple, the BSF men hung Rabindranath on a tree and beat him to death and then gang-raped Kalyani. The BSF men left the body of Rabindranath and injured Kalyani near pillar 4 of the Satkhira-Lakshmidari border.

The couple had gone to India six months before the incident for treatment.

http://www.newagebd.com/2009/aug/28/front.html

I dont want to start another mud slinging here.
Last time I checked, Indian poverty is 42% according to World bank's definition and 27% according to Indian definition.

In Bangladesh we only follow World Bank's defintion, and according to the latest data it was 38%.

Switzerland as an example has far more per capita income and negligible poverty compared to the US..does that mean Switzerland is the more powerful economic power?

Last edited:
Switzerland as an example has far more per capita income and negligible poverty compared to the US..does that mean Switzerland is the more powerful economic power?

No they are not. They are not stronger than India either. Its a small country.

No they are not. They are not stronger than India either. Its a small country.

Similarly BD is a very small country compared to India in all respects...hence my point about a per capita comparison.

India produces more terrorists than Bangladesh and Pakistan together.
Recently some Indian Muslim terrorists were arrested in Bangladesh.And all of them were among most wanted list.Since India can not clean up its own mess,So it should be the other way around.Bangladesh should declare war on India to annihilate the terrorists.isn't it?
After all these Indian terrorists are spreading poison in our land.

We executed JMB leaders and our law enforcers are continuously stopping them from regrouping.But what has India achieved in its war against Naxals or any other NE rebels?

So before trying to attack others,he should try to clean up his country's mess.

A small information:
Former chief of Jamaetul Mujahedin,(who is now executed),had confessed to law enforcers that they got the power gels and other bomb making materials from India.:whistle:

And at the end,this is nothing new from Indian politicians.After 2001 incident,we heard similar cries from some BJP leaders.

There were also a news/rumour going on that a certain Indian General said Indian army could walkover Bangladesh in 2 days. :rolleyes:
Probably he thought Bangladeshi people would welcome him like 1971. :lol:

Similarly BD is a very small country compared to India in all respects...hence my point about a per capita comparison.

Ya Ya I hear you.. Rocket science.. my gosh.

This guy Subramanium Swamy had said before that "RAW had plotted to kill President Ziaur Rahman".On an interview with weekly Magazine "Sunday".

So it should be the other way around.Bangladesh should declare war on India to annihilate the terrorists.isn't it?
After all these Indian terrorists are spreading poison in our land.

Which Indian leader has said that we should declare war on Bangladesh? Rajnath Singh? Pfft....he has as much importance as the contents of the dustbin.

As far as Bangladesh declaring war on India, lets just get one thing clear, no matter how anti Indian some of you may be, surely you realise that would be suicide? It would be like Panama declaring war on the US.

Which Indian leader has said that we should declare war on Bangladesh? Rajnath Singh? Pfft....he has as much importance as the contents of the dustbin.

As far as Bangladesh declaring war on India, lets just get one thing clear, no matter how anti Indian some of you may be, surely you realise that would be suicide? It would be like Panama declaring war on the US.

With more than half a billion people living under poverty line indians like to think them as US in the neighborhood. Get more popcorn, more indian comedy is coming near you.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Either you visit BD or at least go through the posts in the 'Economy & Development' section of this Forum to know about the success stories of BD.

A month ago I want to branded store to buy Jeans and paid around $35 (with tax) afterward when I check the tag on it , it said made in Bangladesh :yahoo: Keep it up. Brand names are made in Bangladesh cool :tup:

Last edited:
With more than half a billion people living under poverty line indians like to think them as US in the neighborhood. Get more popcorn, more indian comedy is coming near you.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I notice that all bangladeshi posters seem to carry a lot of bitterness towards India. Now, whats your beef with India?

India's issues with Bangladesh:
1. Infiltration (both civilian and terrorists)

About India waging war: India is never going to wage war on any country. Period. It did not retaliate even after magnitudes of provocations be it Kargil, kandhahar, parliament, 26/11. So what is the basis of this hysteria?

I wonder, whoever can deny that BD economy is too small comparing to India. But, when the social sectors are considered, BD is ahead of India. However, since India can pool much money from its much bigger economy, it can send a man to the moon, while BD cannot.

A month ago I want to branded store to buy Jeans and paid around $35 (with tax) afterward when I check the tag on it , it said made in Bangladeshi :yahoo: Keep it up. Brand names are made in Bangladesh cool :tup:
Thanks for the compliment. BD exports $3.5 billion worth of garments to the USA every year. It may increase further. Our target is a $25 billion export of garments in a few years to the world.

Our image (read brand name) will be changing little by little when we keep on exporting high quality goods to the world.

Back
Top Bottom