What's new

Why Army not handling situation in Karachi?

asad ikram

Reaction score
what the hell is going on in kharachi....where are our armed forces......really hating the armed forces now............:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Because law and order is a CIVILIAN duty?

Just ignore VCheng, who is a Army hater.

Around a 1,000 FC troops are on their way.
Taking the power from Rangers after they shot dead a murderer, was part of game played by MQM.

YES... it's a civilian body like Police and Rapid action forces who should take care of the situation but as i heard from fellow Pakistani here that people are using grenade and AK-47 , it shows that no Police has the guts to face such critical situation .

Given the situation Armed forces are the only option to maintain the law and order .

police in pakistan is just for controlling riots and for protection of VIP's, the FC and rangers are now handling everything in the big cities except lahore and islambaad rwp, karachi is totally to FC/ rangers. The MQM man has said that if the army comes it will be a blow to democracy, i say to hell with the democracy bullshyt, people are getting killed and you care about this stupid democracy??

It is really hurting to see some comments from so called Pakistani's who are spreading hatred/ some sort of grudges against Karachi/ its citizens. Brothers are we not Pakistani's & equal citizens. If you cannot give any constructive comments than it is better for you to leave this forum. I would request Karachites also to control from spreading any type of hateful comments against any community (We don't know who are the actual culprits, there are always black-sheeps in every community). If other guy is saying/ doing wrong than if you follow the suit than what is the difference b/w us & them. I believe we are grown-ups, mature & reasonably literate so act like-one (Applicable for us all incl. myself). If citizens from Karachi have felt that the present civilian authorities have repeatedly failed than they expect Army to secure and save its affected citizens, is it wrong to expect and if armed forces are not willing to lend any helpful hand than do you expect people not to voice their anger/ anguish. Its really pathetic & sad attitude of such persons.

Please be realistic and avoid spreading hateful comments.

Thanks

The army is made for handling external threats, ie outside the country.

It is the duty of law and order, to deal with sisuations within the country and police officers.

Do you China law and order budgets increased heavily to handle they people and protests. It is a very important issue to deal with this issue, and same with India too.

What exactly is the Karachi situation about? It's really an insurgency (armed politics) - what's the insurgency about? Controlling (extracting) resources.

So what needs to be done? Kill the insurgent and kill those who control them.

Pakistan have become one giant sissy nation - forever stuck in "to be or not to be" -- way out? Killing - sounds awful, yes it is just do it and get it over with.

Just ignore VCheng, who is a Army hater.

Around a 1,000 FC troops are on their way.
Taking the power from Rangers after they shot dead a murderer, was part of game played by MQM.

WOW WOW WOW .. Man

What exactly is the Karachi situation about? It's really an insurgency (armed politics) - what's the insurgency about? Controlling (extracting) resources.

What is happening in Karachi is low grade civil war, with vast sections of the ethnically divided population fighting for ever meager resources, coupled with increasing sense of injustice, hopelessness and radicalization.

So what needs to be done? Kill the insurgent and kill those who control them.

So you are advocating genocide of at least several million people? Or "merely" a few hundred thousands, or may be "just" tens of thousands? Of native citizens?

Pakistan have become one giant sissy nation - forever stuck in "to be or not to be" -- way out? Killing - sounds awful, yes it is just do it and get it over with.

Being a "sissy" has nothing to do with it. It will take a while for the realization to sink in just how deep a hole has been dug for the whole nation over the past few decades, and that the chances of finding any viable solutions are dwindling rapidly. That acknowledgement is a necessary first step towards effective action, and the longer it takes, the less likely a successful outcome becomes.

Being a "sissy" has nothing to do with it. It will take a while for the realization to sink in just how deep a hole has been dug for the whole nation over the past few decades, and that the chances of finding any viable solutions are dwindling rapidly. That acknowledgement is a necessary first step towards effective action, and the longer it takes, the less likely a successful outcome becomes.

All karachites know what has been going on since Zia came it power -- Let me explain the "sissy" bit -- The population of Karachi is always looking at someone other then themselves to solve this -- and in Pakistan and with the present government and army, this is wishful thinking - Killing the insurgent is always the best way to tackle the insurgency.

But its wrong to use army against the citizens of any nation, its unethical, furthermore getting army to solve a problem as grave as this is just a temproary solution.

All karachites know what has been going on since Zia came it power -- Let me explain the "sissy" bit -- The population of Karachi is always looking at someone other then themselves to solve this -- and in Pakistan and with the present government and army, this is wishful thinking - Killing the insurgent is always the best way to tackle the insurgency.

My dear Muse: Is that not a NATIONAL trait rather than just a Karachiite one?

Do you mean the ANP and some other party i read about who are mostly pashtuns from tribal regions, settling in karachi recently and are fighting a turf war with MQM as the insurgents??

Back
Top Bottom