What's new

Why Are We Sending This Attack Helicopter to Pakistan?

H.H. probably didn't write the headline. I think for the WSJ and W. Post the editors do that. It's a policy that sometimes lands the authors or their sources into serious trouble.
The 'by Hussain Haqqani' written right below the headline sure implied that he did. But if he didn't, I'll take back my comment about him pretending to be fully American.
But how long will it last? And how serious and complete is it? It's not like Pakistan has rejected the principle of supporting "stateless" combatants or strengthened the rule-of-law rather than rule-by-law.
It will last long enough, now that the Afghan government is reasonably strong and co-operating to secure the Durand Line. It is fully and completely serious, there is no doubt about it. It always was serious, only now it's more complete with the comprehensive Zarb-e-Azb operation instead of occasional, smaller-scale ones as was tried in the past.

The rest of the world hasn't rejected the principle of using Non-State Armed Groups either. Until recently your own US was using Syrian rebels that have resulted in ISIS, along with anti-Russia elements like the Chechen rebels. Russia supports groups in Ukraine and Syria, while India has constantly supported Balochi rebels in Pakistan for a long time now. Asymmetric, proxy and non-state warfare is now dominant in the world - Pakistan isn't alone and Pakistan completely rejecting all non-state groups won't change anything unless other nations follow suit; and even when they do, as long as the underlying conflicts remain, blood will be spilled in one way or another.
Suspicion is that as the Peshawar memory fades - or as the Pakistan military feels its families are more secure - the offensive against Islamists will fade and the emphasis on killing independence-minded Kashmiris and conquering Indian territory return once more.
Your suspicion is flawed. The Zarb-e-Azb operation started long before the Peshawar attack and was just as serious; the main change caused by the Peshawar attack was in the civilian aspect, with extremism, hate-speech and mullahs being cracked down on by civilians within the urban areas - very little changed in the military offensive in the tribal areas, except a huge rise in individual soldiers' determination.
killing independence-minded Kashmiris
You mean like this?: Kashmir - 19 year old Muslim protester shot dead by Indian forces.
Good point, wrong country.
That's the problem: you want Pakistan to hold on to the principle that lies, religious hate, etc. are all fair items to use for State purposes, rather than evils in and of themselves
No, I don't. That's the problem: you want Islam to be seen as lies and religious hate, and you want all Muslims to accept they are liars and hate mongers, which means you want 97% of Pakistanis (along with 1.5 billion Muslims around the world) to believe that their religion is lies and religious hate - guess what: if you convince Muslims that religious hate is part of Islam, you'll increase that hate tenfold.

Abandoning Islam means LOSING. It means accepting that Islam is violent and hateful, which means conforming to the terrorists' ideology. It also means increasing religious extremism since you've basically accepted that Islam itself is what the terrorists say it is, and that to follow Islam one must follow those terrorists. You might want Muslims to lose the ideological fight against terrorism, I sure as hell don't.

but I do suspect that without blinders officials will be more accountable and thus some power will revert to the people and the provinces.
You suspect absolutely wrong and you have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to Pakistani internal politics.

Islam has nothing to do with officials' corruption, absolutely nothing. None of the parties in power today or for the last few decades was/is religious, based on religion or in any way related to religion. The most corrupt government Pakistan has ever had was in fact the Liberal and Secular PPP under Zardari, which ruled right before the current government.

Absolutely nothing will change in officials' corruption even if Islam is eradicated from the face of the Earth. Nil, zero. They'll stay as corrupt as ever.

Well, what are the "good aspects of Islam" you have in mind? Why not emphasize them now by naming them, rather than talking around them?
Every Muslim knows what I'm talking about, I don't need to emphasize on anything. That's why not.
-Honesty
-Integrity
-Morality
-Trust
-Modesty
-Justice
-Accountability
-Humanitarianism
-Shura, i.e democratic participation
-Charity
-Distribution of wealth
-Respect
-Welfare

Now would you like a couple of dozen more of these points, or verses and hadith to accompany all these, or is this much enough?

Mr. then you should sack all those whose job is to control the Pakistani borders.
You are forgetting what were times than this dog was allowed to escape by none other than traitor CJ Iftikihar

Troll? You guy's gathered here like flies because somebody posted some silly comments by HH. You need to look at your own behaviour. I know we have poverty but only it is actually worse in India then in Pakistan. However Indian's come here singing and dancing about their much vaunted economy. We do not. Thus my post to cap you guys.

Troll? You guy's gathered here like flies because somebody posted some silly comments by HH. You need to look at your own behaviour. I know we have poverty but only it is actually worse in India then in Pakistan. However Indian's come here singing and dancing about their much vaunted economy. We do not. Thus my post to cap you guys.

Well some 28.6% live under $1 a day in Pakistan compared to 24.9% in India and 49.6% in Bangladesh according to the HDI. Yes we have more poor but we have more people.

Also the US will sell to both India and Pakistan for $$ it's business

You are forgetting what were times than this dog was allowed to escape by none other than traitor CJ Iftikihar
If Army thought her case was strong, she could have abducted him en-route the airport but she did not. Nation's security is far more important than the court orders.

1 billion dollars these days is not that much in terms of military purchases. These heli are needed for use against Taliban. Period. India is VASTLY ahead of Pakistan in conventional military forces. We being seven times smaller will never match India. However we do not need to to. That is why we have the nuclear forces. They already give us parity. nuke weapons are great equalizers. It matters not whether you have million men or two million men when nuclear weapons are deployed.

However these choppers are badly needed in Waziristan to give close support to infantry in the rugged terrain against the Taliban. End off.

Well some 28.6% live under $1 a day in Pakistan compared to 24.9% in India and 49.6% in Bangladesh according to the HDI. Yes we have more poor but we have more people.

Links from third party source?

Cry me a river .
A nation that is F up with constant wetwork shouldnt be told us about respect.
OBL raid and Raymond case is there to prove theirs respects towards you.
Nuke deal and Diplomatic crises with US is also there to prove their respects towards us.

On topic : Haqqani has practical diplomatic knowledge and he is right.
As i said before no one in the world respects Indians. USA condemns Lakhvis release but then sells $1 billion worth of equipment to Pakistan…. smh… beztii for indians… Why would anyone respect Indians when they don't even respect themselves?

You lying sack of sh*t. You quoted the UN figures from the document below. That 29.3 figure was target set for 2015. Pak managed to halve by 2005 look at the document below. I don't know what your doctor of but it can't be economics.

http://www.un.org/esa/socdev/rwss/docs/2010/chapter2.pdf

India worse in South Asia in poverty indicators: India ranked poorest in south Asia on hunger index | Down To Earth

Last edited:
Here comes another piece of crap from a traitor and ISI seriously needs to teach this guy a lesson
He has turned anti Army/ant ISI only after ISI taught him lessons. So dont do teaching business you only make more enemy.

Let him say what we wany.. free democratic countries allow bs to said and listened. Trust people of pakistan. They never value haqani words

You ask @SipahSalar how did he become ambassador? This assh*le was not cleared by ISI. But Zardari, the pick pocket of this unfortuante country wanted him to be one. His wife Farahnaz was an MNA, while an American citizen and also special adviser to Zardari on foreign policy.

This is why our country is such a joke. The worst people among us are our leaders and opinion makers.

He has turned anti Army/ant ISI only after ISI taught him lessons. So dont do teaching business you only make more enemy.

Let him say what we wany.. free democratic countries allow bs to said and listened. Trust people of pakistan. They never value haqani words
You don't tolerate traitors in any country that is the rule

Guy's I agree with you that HH is just a junkyard dog and that Zaradari is just typical corrupt politician but me I spare my bile for the Mullahs.

If there is one group that has done more damage to our great land it is the illiterate, illogical, ignoble, greedy Mullah. He has spread the disease of ignorence, hate, sectarianism, irrationalism. medievalism that has brought our society to it's knees and made us a laughing stock in front of the world.

Agencies are after him and he will be brought back to pakistan sooner than later .

I am sure that PAA will be giving up a follow on order to US for a total of 30-50 of these. And AH-1F Cobras will going to be converted into spares. I think PAA should start working on it too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom