What's new

Why Are We Sending This Attack Helicopter to Pakistan?

I can not understand the US logic when 6 Americans were killed on 26/11 and the Dr who helped the US raid is serving hard time! They release a known terrorist in Lakhvi and now they want to sell sophisticated weapons.

@Solomon2 Can you make sense of this?

I really like how he says ''we'', as if the Americans actually consider him a part of themselves. As usual, trying to be more loyal than the king.
H.H. probably didn't write the headline. I think for the WSJ and W. Post the editors do that. It's a policy that sometimes lands the authors or their sources into serious trouble.

...Pakistan is working on it, and so far terrorism has been reduced significantly. It will be eventually eliminated and there is nothing to suggest that Pakistan has failed - it's the exact opposite.
Finally a more substantive response. Good. But how long will it last? And how serious and complete is it? It's not like Pakistan has rejected the principle of supporting "stateless" combatants or strengthened the rule-of-law rather than rule-by-law. Suspicion is that as the Peshawar memory fades - or as the Pakistan military feels its families are more secure - the offensive against Islamists will fade and the emphasis on killing independence-minded Kashmiris and conquering Indian territory return once more.

...he's clearly implying that Pakistan should abandon Islam as a state ideology. Abandoning Islam to fight extremism is like demolishing a wall to remove mold - just like the mold wins and gets to live in the rubble, the extremists end up winning the entire religion over and gaining more recruits and political strength.
That's the problem: you want Pakistan to hold on to the principle that lies, religious hate, etc. are all fair items to use for State purposes, rather than evils in and of themselves. I'm aware of the argument that without Islam the Pakistani state will fall apart. I don't believe that's a necessary outcome but I do suspect that without blinders officials will be more accountable and thus some power will revert to the people and the provinces.

Incorporating the countless good aspects of Islam is an infinitely more effective counter to extremism, and is more practical than trying to secularize a country where over 90% of the population is religious.
Well, what are the "good aspects of Islam" you have in mind? Why not emphasize them now by naming them, rather than talking around them?

I can not understand the US logic when 6 Americans were killed on 26/11 and the Dr who helped the US raid is serving hard time! They release a known terrorist in Lakhvi and now they want to sell sophisticated weapons.

@Solomon2 Can you make sense of this?
No. Too many pronouns!

Ten responses, all consisting of innuendos or ad hominem attacks. Nothing disputing the substance of H.H.'s arguments.

This HH is nothing but a junkyard dog. I tend to avoid derogatory language but on extenuating grounds I do make exceptions.

1. Pakistan does NOT seek parity with India. Parity would suggest that we in Pakistan are building a military capacity equal to India. Pak seeks minimum deterant. Nobody in their right mind can suggest that Pak military is anywhere as large or as well resourced as India's.

2. To think that $1 billion of heli's and missiles are going to in any way go toward producing parity with India is nothing but ridicalous considering that India probably spends $1 billion on just buying boots for it's humongous military. What is next? Claims that Pak is seeking parity with US?

3. Clearly HH knows more about the geopolitics of the region then the various US administrations that Obama is following. Maybe he needs to be appointed Secretary of State.

4. Pakistan is probably 7 times smaller not 6 then India. As regards the Indian economy that he heaps praise, I would just ask this simple question. If the Indian economy is indeed doing so well compared to Pakistan, care to tell us where the fruits of that economy are going?

"Indian poverty levels higher than Pakistan's, says UN report"

*Indian poverty levels higher than Pakistan's, says UN report - Telegraph

Some disgusting facts about India and sanitation;
*WHO | Fast facts

So let me just clarify this. 240 million starving Indian's which is more then all of Pakistan's 180 population can't get any food to eat which is damned good thing because the other 600 million who do get some food go and sh*tt in the open on the streets.

I can tell HH there is no danger of Pakistan seeking parity with India on the last two scores !!!

lol it does not work like that.

article is from 2011 and poverty has decreased in India but in Pakistan it has increased.

Rising poverty in Pakistan

Seems like Pakistanis love to play the poverty and sanitation card, yet India is improving it's condition while Pakistan points the finger. Yet it still has not eradicated Polio.

Pakistan is rising? India has rose, risen and is still rising to the point where iIndia is now a superpower in hunger.

*Hunger superpower India: Superpower? 230 million Indians go hungry daily - The Times of India

* Hunger in India worse then Sub Sahara Africa :http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/13/world/asia/13malnutrition.html

*Starvation in India worse then Africa: More of world's poor live in India than in all sub-Saharan Africa, says study | World news | The Guardian
India has without any quiver of doubt gained superpower status in starvation and emacation. Do you want more proof?

This HH is nothing but a junkyard dog. I tend to avoid derogatory language but on extenuating grounds I do make exceptions.

1. Pakistan does NOT seek parity with India. Parity would suggest that we in Pakistan are building a military capacity equal to India. Pak seeks minimum deterant. Nobody in their right mind can suggest that Pak military is anywhere as large or as well resourced as India's.

2. To think that $1 billion of heli's and missiles are going to in any way go toward producing parity with India is nothing but ridicalous considering that India probably spends $1 billion on just buying boots for it's humongous military. What is next? Claims that Pak is seeking parity with US?

3. Clearly HH knows more about the geopolitics of the region then the various US administrations that Obama is following. Maybe he needs to be appointed Secretary of State.

4. Pakistan is probably 7 times smaller not 6 then India. As regards the Indian economy that he heaps praise, I would just ask this simple question. If the Indian economy is indeed doing so well compared to Pakistan, care to tell us where the fruits of that economy are going?

"Indian poverty levels higher than Pakistan's, says UN report"

*Indian poverty levels higher than Pakistan's, says UN report - Telegraph

Some disgusting facts about India and sanitation;
*WHO | Fast facts

So let me just clarify this. 240 million starving Indian's which is more then all of Pakistan's 180 population can't get any food to eat which is damned good thing because the other 600 million who do get some food go and sh*tt in the open on the streets.

I can tell HH there is no danger of Pakistan seeking parity with India on the last two scores !!!

Pakistan is rising? India has rose, risen and is still rising to the point where iIndia is now a superpower in hunger.

*Hunger superpower India: Superpower? 230 million Indians go hungry daily - The Times of India

* Hunger in India worse then Sub Sahara Africa :http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/13/world/asia/13malnutrition.html

*Starvation in India worse then Africa: More of world's poor live in India than in all sub-Saharan Africa, says study | World news | The Guardian
India has without any quiver of doubt gained superpower status in starvation and emacation. Do you want more proof?

Your a think tank? posting articles from 2011

Seems like a kids are think thanks these days

And allowed to escape by General Kiyani.

Such as? Could he escape the country without the permission of Army and ISI? On top they are all one and united be it corrupt politicians or civil or military bureaucrats.

And the very courts allowed him to leave on a supposedly 'promise' that he will show up whenever summoned.
Yes he can escape Mr and you know what I am saying its time to deal with traitors weather this Asma Jahangir or this joker

1,300 people in India. What magic did you in India come up with to make substantive changes in any figures in 48 months?

Are you disputing the thrust of what is said. That India has got starving people on a scale that it deserves to be called Hunger Superpower?

No government could address such a endemic problem on the scale it exists within 48 months.

1,300 people in India. What magic did you in India come up with to make substantive changes in any figures in 48 months?

Are you disputing the thrust of what is said. That India has got starving people on a scale that it deserves to be called Hunger Superpower?

No government could address such a endemic problem on the scale it exists within 48 months.

4 years is much time as the economy improves it filters down, this year we are at 7% a year which will increase. We all know we have poverty I am just confused why you decided to troll on this page and not mention Pakistan's own poverty problems.

Dr sb what this issue has to do with Heli purchase ?

I don't know but your think tank wanted to bring up poverty

Yes he can escape Mr and you know what I am saying its time to deal with traitors weather this Asma Jahangir or this joker
Mr. then you should sack all those whose job is to control the Pakistani borders.

Back
Top Bottom