What's new

Why Arabs are so desperate to pay for US Syria strike?

The issue with OBL was that he managed to get away with a huge cash in hand that he deposited in Sudan and Yemen - of which back in the day were very hostile to us - Sudan's Gov't was associated with the Muslim brotherhood while Yemen was a pan-Arabist Gov't. But I'm sure that you and I will agree on that we should fight terrorism everywhere with no exception.

Correction: he was never awarded death sentence by Saudi government but given a safe passage to move out with a huge wad of cash. Later the same saudi government was financing Afghan Jihad and hence more funds into OBL hand..you know how affairs were run during king fahd time...with mutaweens at the top of power everywhere....situation is much different now!

Yes, so practically those individuals don't belong to us since we harshly have been cracking down on them. Therefore, there is nothing much you can say about us.

I never called you terrorist, I just said that the number of suicide bombers in Najaf is way above your own population that's all. It was in response to your rude comments aimed at Kalu :)

I am not blaming Saudi Arabia for Osama just as I am not blaming Jordan for Zarqawi, but the ideology comes from Saudi Arabia.

Unimportant : Najaf is safe, its the capital that's dangerous.

Correction: he was never awarded death sentence by Saudi government but given a safe passage to move out with a huge wad of cash. Later the same saudi government was financing Afghan Jihad and hence more funds into OBL hand..you know how affairs were run during king fahd time...with mutaweens at the top of power everywhere....situation is much different now!

LoLz. Are you trying to argue with me? That's what I do for living bro! Get a grip :coffee:

I'm not a big fan of Fahad though :cheesy:

I am not blaming Saudi Arabia for Osama just as I am not blaming Jordan for Zarqawi, but the ideology comes from Saudi Arabia.
Unimportant : Najaf is safe, its the capital that's dangerous.

Actually, Al-Qaida's ideology was derived from the MB with more enticing of violence; Bin Laden was an ex-MB member, just so you know.

I know Najaf is good, but you didn't understand what I was implying :lol:

Your hatred is for Shia whether Assad is or not.

All the articles you write are rubbish so are the speculations and ideas you have since your far from being neutral, there is no option of Sunnis or Gulfies getting fukd in your articles, why ?

Quit sucking up to gulf Arabs, trust me none of them care about BD as much as you care about them. for them your a servant & cleaner.

I know it is kinda difficult for you to understand, but I don't have any hatred for Shia faith or Shia people. What I have a problem with is Iranian theocratic regime and its proxies in the Arab world, who are destabilizing the whole region.

Now please do not follow the example of racist Hindutva Indians and bring my race into it. I am an individual with ideas, look at my ideas please (look at the message not the messenger). Yes I care about my country, but my ideas are not just about my country alone, they are not even for the Muslim world alone either, they include all non-Western small nations of the world:
http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/164048-kalu_miahs-new-world-order-road-map-future.html

GCC states are perfectly aligned for partnership and cooperation to implement my global ideas, Iran's theocratic regimes and their proxies are a hindrance. That is why I support GCC states. But I have recommendations for Arab monarchies too, here please follow this thread where I mentioned suggestions for reform in GCC states:
http://www.defence.pk/forums/middle-east-africa/273979-securing-future-arab-monarchies.html

Now I ask you a question, do you think a non-Muslim Zionist or Israeli have any Shia hatred, why do they hate Iranian regime and its proxies? It is because they feel threatened by the policies of Iranian regime and its proxies, not because of hatred.

I do not feel threatened like those Zionists and Israeli's. I am an idea man, and I see Iranian regime and its proxies as road blocks in implementing these strategic ideas. Do not be a road block and come back to our camp, you will be all fine. You can start with cutting off your dependence on Iran's regime and relying more on states starting with USA and other members of Arab League, who are willing to help you. Lets all of us join our hands to help the Iranian people in getting rid of this stupid regime in Iran or at least cutoff its tentacles in the Arab world. You can be a part of the solution, instead of being a part of the problem.

And please do not bring Bangladesh and our migrant workers in Gulf in these discussions, racist Indians do it thinking that this is a way to insult me or demoralize me or this will make me turn against the GCC states, unless you want to do the same like Indians. I am not a migrant worker living there, even if I was, a cleaner sweeping roads or cleaning bathrooms, I will consider no job as beneath me to make a living. But my main role is that I am an idea man. And I do not have any hatred for any specific social groups, let alone Shia's. I admit however, that sometimes I do populist posturing to put pressure on Shia supremacists, but that is part of the grand strategy, it has nothing to do with personal hatred. One of my friend is a Shia Iranian who I have known for many years. I know they are normal human beings just like any other.

If you are a Shia, note I would not take the time to explain all this to you, if I had hatred for you. I have heard good things about Iraqi people, I had some friends myself some years back. I have nothing but best wishes for you and your people. The Shia's and Sunni's together and united instead of fighting each other, can be a powerful force of good for the world, lets see if of all of us can make that happen.

Since we shed a light to expose the devil, your rants come as no surprise to us. Maybe you can play that game with someone else, but I do know for sure that Sistani was paid to issue a fatwa not to target the allied force, even Rumsfeld openly admitted it in his own memos :lol:

What a load of bullcrap. I could write a report and claim anything I like. You don't know how the Iraqi society was ore-2003, I won't explain much but I'll say it was in no position to fight a superpower. The other thing you missed is that it was Saddams officers who all ditched the military in exchange for houses and money in the USA. As for Sistani, I don't think he really cares about $200 million, he already gets millions in khums money per year. Yet he lives in a small unfurnished house which is actually rented and not owned.

The entire $200 million story is a fraud with no real evidence, just a prpoganda campaign. Anyways Sistani attempted to prevent the loss of blood, and called to replace the military government controlled by paul bremer at the time with a temporary Iraqi government. Bremer attempted to convince Sistani to back off from such move and requested to meet him more than once, but Sistani denied and insisted creating an Iraqi government.

So allow me to say sell your **** somewhere else, because only the fools would buy such BS.

Iraqi protesters demand election as ayatollah threatens fatwa

Tens of thousands of protesters marched through Basra yesterday to demand a general election, as an aide to Iraq's most senior Shia cleric warned that he may issue a fatwa against the proposed new government.
The demonstration in the southern Iraqi city was a rare show of strength in support of Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani's call for direct elections to choose a new government, and comes as a blow to Washington's plans for a smooth handover of power.

Last night one of the cleric's aides warned that if the US administrator in Baghdad, Paul Bremer, does not accept his demand, Ayatollah Sistani may issue a ruling telling Iraq's Shia majority not to accept the new government, which is due to take power by July.

"If Bremer rejects Ayatollah Sistani's opinion, he would issue a fatwa depriving the US-appointed council of its legitimacy," Ayatollah Mohammed Baqer al-Mohri told Abu Dhabi television. "After this, the Iraqi people will not obey this council. This US plan is not in line with Sistani's views."

In Basra, huge crowds walked through the streets, some arm in arm, chanting "No to America" and carrying portraits of Ayatollah Sistani. The protest will come as another uncomfortable warning to the US that, for the second time since the war, it may need to rework its political programme for Iraq. Mr Bremer is flying to Washington for urgent consultations.

Large numbers of students and tribesmen were among the crowd, which was led through the streets by several Shia clerics. The British military, which controls Basra and most of southern Iraq, kept a low profile. British soldiers found and defused a large artillery shell, which had been planted as a roadside bomb.

Ayatollah Sistani, a moderate and usually apolitical cleric, has issued a series of statements in the past week criticising an American plan, agreed last November by the Iraqi governing council, to hold indirect elections to select a new government by July. US officials say that since security is still a problem in many areas, and there is no accurate electoral roll, organising a general election is too difficult at this stage.

Last June he criticised an earlier American political programme as "fundamentally unacceptable", and the administration in Baghdad was forced to rethink its approach. Mr Bremer flew to Washington yesterday for further talks with the Bush administration.

Last November's agreement envisages a complex system of provisional caucuses. A committee of 15 Iraqis appointed in each province will select a local caucus which will in turn elect representatives to a new parliament by May. A nationwide general election will not be held until the end of 2005.

BTW, I'm waiting for the day we hear of Jihad against the western forces in Arabian peninsula.

There you go!

And I quote

US Government Bribe to Ayatollah Sistani
Donald Rumsfeld’s recently published memoir reflects his role in the Iraq war when he was Secretary of Defense during President George W. Bush’s administration. The book reveals some interesting and secretive information that took place when he was in the Pentagon.

Mr. Rumsfeld stated that the U.S. government paid the leading religious Shiaa imam, Ali al-Sistani, $200 million to issue fatwas in support of the U.S. invasion of Iraq in 2003. According to Mr. Rumsfeld, the religious fatwas helped the fall of Iraq and solidified the occupation of Iraq by allied forces. Mr. Rumsfeld also pointed out that he established a personal relationship with the Ayatallah Sistani in 1987, before the Gulf War invasion. After Saddam Hussein invaded Kuwait, that relationship, according to Rumsfeld, was established through Jawad al-Mahri, Mr. Sistani’s secretary in Kuwait. It was through him that the $200 million was sent to Ayatallah Ali Sistani. Mr. Rumsfeld and President Bush were aware of the strong relationship between those who took the money and Iran. When the gift was acknowledged by Sistani, President Bush established a new desk at the CIA, which was refereed to as the link to Mr. Sistani, headed by retired admiral Symon Polandi.

The emphasis of such a relationship is to encourage Sistani to inform his Shiaa followers not to target American soldiers.

According to Mr. Rumsfeld, Admiral Polandi was connected directly with Imam Sistani’s elder son Mohammad Ridda in one of the palaces of Saddam Hussein in Baghdad. Sometimes the admiral also met the secretary in Najaf with Imam Sistani.

According to Rumsfeld, Saddam Hussein left more than 6 million weapons in the hands of Iraqis who posed a threat to the safety of the allied forces in Iraq. As a result, Imam Sistani issued a fatwa prohibiting the use of these arms against the allied forces.

Mr. Rumsfeld’s book is 800 pages long, and the BBC, New York Times and Washington Post revealed some of the information in it. Nevertheless, Mr. Rumsfeld remained defiant in his justification of the invasion of Iraq in 2003. Furthermore, Rumsfeld noted that he met with President Bush 15 days after 9/11 in which he was told to plan for the invasion of Iraq. As the BBC’s Steve Kingstone says, the memoir reinforces the view that President Bush was already looking ahead to Iraq, even as his administration planned the war against al-Qaeda in Afghanistan. (www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada.print-true, 8/4/2011).

It is unfortunate to read about high-ranking religious individuals who abuse their religious role under the banner of religion. If Ayatallah Sistani did what has been revealed, it is an act of treason against his country that has led to the deaths of more than one million Iraqis and he should be prosecuted for it.

I wonder how many fatwas Imam Sistani issued for the $200 million he received. It will be of interest for the readers to find out how many dollars each fatwa ended up costing the politically uninformed Americans.

Middle East Today: US Government Bribe to Ayatollah Sistani

What a load of bullcrap. I could write a report and claim anything I like. You don't know how the Iraqi society was ore-2003, I won't explain much but I'll say it was in no position to fight a superpower. The other thing you missed is that it was Saddams officers who all ditched the military in exchange for houses and money in the USA. As for Sistani, I don't think he really cares about $200 million, he already gets millions in khums money per year. Yet he lives in a small unfurnished house which is actually rented and not owned.

The entire $200 million story is a fraud with no real evidence, just a prpoganda campaign. Anyways Sistani attempted to prevent the loss of blood, and called to replace the military government controlled by paul bremer at the time with a temporary Iraqi government. Bremer attempted to convince Sistani to back off from such move and requested to meet him more than once, but Sistani denied and insisted creating an Iraqi government.

So allow me to say sell your **** somewhere else, because only the fools would buy such BS.

BTW, I'm waiting for the day we hear of Jihad against the western forces in Arabian peninsula.

That goes to the will of people, but no one else. Anyway, we don't harbor any, no biggy.

It's a blog, I could make my own report and post it, either way, if Sistani was looking for money he would of atleast bought a set of couches with that $200 million :lol: *how about we make a comparison with them "scholars in the gulf, each with mansions and luxury vehicles while thier families vacate in the "kaffir " west.

BTW, Sistani didn't issue a fatwa BANNING jihad, he issued a fatwa calling for political rather than military struggle (jihad). Which in the end proved better than total destruction of the Iraqi cities which were already destructed. *Any large scale war would have cost millions of lives. The Iraqis were in no position to fight for a just cause, yet alone to fight against a world power for the sake of a tyrant. We all know the causes and I'm sure you know as well but insist on bringing up the subject just so you could prove yourself.*

Anyways so why don't we see a fatwa for jihad in Qatar, Kuwait, or Bahrain? Or is jihad just for the Iraqis :lol: what a fail logic.
BTW, this is sistanis house, the $200 million nowhere to be seen.*

001.jpg

sistani should learn from urur!!!

he should estaghferrallah issue a decree campaigning sex jihad:omghaha::astagh:

Why attack when the top U.S. military commander says that an attack would be both risky and expensive, and he can’t even say why go to war with Syria?

Why attack when everyone from troops and military officers to Pentagon war planners all oppose an attack on Syria ?
Why attack when the U.S. and Britain have used chemical weapons in the last 10 years … and the U.S. supported the largest chemical weapons attack in history?

Well?

Why attack when the top U.S. military commander says that an attack would be both risky and expensive, and he can’t even say why go to war with Syria?

Why attack when everyone from troops and military officers to Pentagon war planners all oppose an attack on Syria ?
Why attack when the U.S. and Britain have used chemical weapons in the last 10 years … and the U.S. supported the largest chemical weapons attack in history?

Well?
There will be no Attack!

The Sunni Arabs are paying for destruction of Shia Arabs. Strangely USA is siding with Al-Qaeda. The narrow minded Arabs are afraid of broad minded Arabs!!

Remember that Al Qaeda arose when Zbignew Brzezinski and President Jimmy Carter decided to fund the Mujahideen, in Afghanistan, in their war against Soviet occupation. Brzezinski said he wanted to use the Mujahideen "to give the Russians their Vietnam". It was at that time that Bin Laden went to Afghanistan, other radicals followed, and Al Qaeda was born. So, the US is the father of radical Islamist terrorists because of using them as proxies in the geopolitical chess game. The US has a long love/hate relationship with the monster that they created.

BTW, I see that this is a very long, and I might not have time to read it all, so I will give you all this excellent link on Qatar's and the Saudis' role in this horrible war against the Syrian people:

*NOTE: I see I cannot post links until I have 30 posts, so to see these articles in full, just copy a paragraph, put in Google, and you should find them.

Mystery Sponsor Of Weapons And Money To Syrian Mercenary "Rebels" Revealed

Previously, when looking at the real underlying national interests responsible for the deteriorating situation in Syria, which eventually may and/or will devolve into all out war with hundreds of thousands killed, we made it very clear that it was always and only about the gas, or gas pipelines to be exact, and specifically those involving the tiny but uber-wealthy state of Qatar.

Needless to say, the official spin on events has no mention of this ulterior motive, and the popular, propaganda machine, especially from those powers supporting the Syrian "rebels" which include Israel, the US and the Arabian states tries to generate public and democratic support by portraying Assad as a brutal, chemical weapons-using dictator, in line with the tried and true script used once already in Iraq.

On the other hand, there is Russia (and to a lesser extent China: for China's strategic interests in mid-east pipelines, read here), which has been portrayed as the main supporter of the "evil" Assad regime, and thus eager to preserve the status quo without a military intervention. Such attempts may be for naught especially with the earlier noted arrival of US marines in Israel, and the imminent arrival of the Russian Pacific fleet in Cyprus (which is a stone throw away from Syria) which may catalyze a military outcome sooner than we had expected.

However, one question that has so far remained unanswered, and a very sensitive one now that the US is on the verge of voting to arm the Syrian rebels, is who was arming said group of Al-Qaeda supported militants up until now. Now, finally, courtesy of the FT we have the (less than surprising) answer, which goes back to our original thesis, and proves that, as so often happens in the middle east, it is once again all about the natural resources.

- From the website Zerohedge

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

And, in case anyone doesn't know, Saudi Prince Bandar made a veiled threat, to Putin, to unleash Chechen terrorists at the Olympics if Russia didn't drop it's support for Syria:

Saudi Arabia has secretly offered Russian a sweeping deal to control the global oil market and safeguard Russia’s gas contracts, if the Kremlin backs away from the Assad regime in Syria.

"Prince Bandar, head of Saudi intelligence, allegedly confronted the Kremlin with a mix of inducements and threats in a bid to break the deadlock over Syria. “Let us examine how to put together a unified Russian-Saudi strategy on the subject of oil. The aim is to agree on the price of oil and production quantities that keep the price stable in global oil markets,” he said at the four-hour meeting with Mr Putin. They met at Mr Putin’s dacha outside Moscow three weeks ago.

“We understand Russia’s great interest in the oil and gas in the Mediterranean from Israel to Cyprus. And we understand the importance of the Russian gas pipeline to Europe. We are not interested in competing with that. We can cooperate in this area,” he said, purporting to speak with the full backing of the US.

and then

As-Safir said Prince Bandar pledged to safeguard Russia’s naval base in Syria if the Assad regime is toppled, but he also hinted at Chechen terrorist attacks on Russia’s Winter Olympics in Sochi if there is no accord. “I can give you a guarantee to protect the Winter Olympics next year. The Chechen groups that threaten the security of the games are controlled by us,” he allegedly said.

Prince Bandar went on to say that Chechens operating in Syria were a pressure tool that could be switched on an off. “These groups do not scare us. We use them in the face of the Syrian regime but they will have no role in Syria’s political future.”"

- From the Telegraph

All the Arabic countries combined wealth is not enough to pull off a prolonged war in Syria, especially with their own financial problems that they're masking with the high oil prices. Each Tomahawk missile costs nearly $1.1mn and a prolonged war that may need U.S. land force interference might dwarf Iraq war costs, as there are so many factions involved in "this" war.

Arabic countries :woot: Sounded like you were referring to their langauge :lol:
All the Arabic countries combined wealth is not enough to pull off a prolonged war in Syria, especially with their own financial problems that they're masking with the high oil prices

:no: The Qataris are lying down on a wealth roughly estimated at $17 trillions - a massive of national and foriegn exchange reserevs, so is the UAE, Kuwait, Bahrian and Oman, and god knows how much the Saudi have in hand but all what we know is that the Saudis are holding above $1.5 trllion. But maybe Iran's economy can afford a prolonged war, especially when its people are in a bad need for medications.

Each Tomahawk missile costs nearly $1.1mn and a prolonged war that may need U.S. land force interference might dwarf Iraq war costs, as there are so many factions involved in "this" war.

Actually, each Tactical Tomahawk Missile costs $1.5 million.

Up to this day we still don't know which Arab countries pledged to bankroll the war, let just wait and see.

All the Arabic countries combined wealth is not enough to pull off a prolonged war in Syria, especially with their own financial problems that they're masking with the high oil prices. Each Tomahawk missile costs nearly $1.1mn and a prolonged war that may need U.S. land force interference might dwarf Iraq war costs, as there are so many factions involved in "this" war.

Remember that Al Qaeda arose when Zbignew Brzezinski and President Jimmy Carter decided to fund the Mujahideen, in Afghanistan, in their war against Soviet occupation. Brzezinski said he wanted to use the Mujahideen "to give the Russians their Vietnam". It was at that time that Bin Laden went to Afghanistan, other radicals followed, and Al Qaeda was born. So, the US is the father of radical Islamist terrorists because of using them as proxies in the geopolitical chess game. The US has a long love/hate relationship with the monster that they created.
Please...

EXCLUSIVE: KGB operation seeded Muslim countries with anti-American, anti-Jewish propaganda during the 1970s, laying the groundwork for Islamist terrorism against U.S. and Israeli targets | Mail Online
The highest-ranking Soviet-bloc intelligence officer ever to defect to the West claims in a new book that anti-American Islamic terrorism had its roots in a secret 1970s-era KGB plot to harm but the United States and Israel by seeding Muslim countries with carefully targeted propaganda.

Yuri Andropov, the KGB chief for 15 years before he became the Soviet premier, sent hundreds of agents and thousands of copies of propaganda literature to Muslim countries.

'By 1972,' according to the book, 'Andropov's disinformation machinery was working around the clock to persuade the Islamic world that Israel and the United States intended to transform the rest of the world into a Zionist fiefdom.'

'According to Andropov, the Islamic world was a petri dish in which the KGB community could nurture a virulent strain of America-hatred, grown from the bacterium of Marxist-Leninist thought.'

Those claims come from former Romanian Lt. Gen Ion Mihail Pacepa and University of Mississippi law professor Ronald Rychlak.
The Taliban have practically no semblance to the mujahedeens of the Soviet occupation days in Afghanistan.

Back
Top Bottom