What's new

Why Afghanistan lost its neutrality in the War on Terror September 19, 1998

Osama was American Financed and trained to fight the Soviets as were the taliban so what are you talking about? Additionally please read the taliban offered to give obl to America. You are just towing the fox news and hillbilly narrative. The evidence is there just go look it up

The US did not train or fund OBL. . US provided funds and weapons and all training was done by Pakistan which selected who to train. They did not care much for Arabs. The Taliban was basically a non-entity when the US left. Only grew in power years later when Pakistan funded trained and armed the Taliban. This was claimed by Benazir Bhutto.

Afghanistan offered to hand over OBL 3 years after US got the legal right to invade Afghanistan. They put conditions. As US already had the legal right to invade Afghanistan since 1998, they were not impressed by Mullah Omars arrogance.

Laws never mattered to US lol. They create/bend/twist the laws after the end of Cold War so they can rule the world as a dictatorship. Funny that Bin Laden bought US from an undisputed superpower in the 90s and early 2000s to a cry baby LGBT sissy white minority nation with 30trillion+ debt now.

From the memoirs of Musharaff.

This clearly shows that Mullah Omar refused to deport the Al-Qaeda operatives on September 19, 1998 and that he wanted to go to war against the United States.

That meant that he choose the side of Al-Qaeda in its war against the United States.
After that Afghanistan could be legally attacked by the United States.
The attack that came after 9/11 occured three years later.

View attachment 953653

View attachment 953654

View attachment 953655
Thanx for posting this! I read the text. Now I'm thinking of buying Musharraf's memoirs! That was very interesting!

America was attacking Afghanistan prior to 9/11. Clinton sent cruise missiles into Afghanistan al Qaeda camps. American President's role is to remove threats. You think after US embassies, ships, buildings attacked, and thousands killed, the President would go to a court of law, rather than launch an attack or invasion on Afghanistan? What an idiot. If Russia had done that America would have gone to war too. Afghanistan is militarily nothing compared to Russia, it is a much easier target.

Correct.
Big powers don't follow rules.

While there are many here who call Musharraf a 'coward' as if he had a choice after 9/11, there is no dispute that Al Qaida was bombing American assets like the USS Cole and the embassies in Africa and even owning them; there maybe more including the attempt to cross with a vehicle full of explosives from Canada and a bombing in NYC. There are probably public admittance of those attacks by Bin Laden himself along with threats to do more if you Google or look up news archives from the 90s.

Pakistan was actively cooperating with Americans before Musharraf ever became the leader of Pakistan. Under Nawaz, a certain terrorist was nabbed in Quetta by the Pakistani security agencies and sent to America. There are many instances of Pakistani cooperation with America long before or after Musharraf. Why wouldn't Pakistan help? What had Al Qaida given to Pakistan or would ever give to Pakistan? We have seen what these fanatics can do when given power, as we saw what their ideological cousins did in Swat region of Pakistan in late 2000s.

As for the OP, fascinating post! Indeed, it was the tribal mindset of the Taliban then and now which has set Afghanistan back. They confuse tribal customs with 'Islam'. The Mullah Umar govt was sort of indebted to Al Qaida due to the help provided to the Taliban against the Northern Alliance rivals. Plus they intermarried with the Arab Jihadis in Afghanistan. Add in utter foolishness of harboring the biggest terrorist of modern time, 9/11 brought destruction to Afghanistan and to Pakistan. The 9/11 attack was an Al Qaida work.

Pakistani religious scholars and security officials tried to moderate the Mullah Umar Taliban regime before 9/11. Asked them to give up Bin Laden. Even facilitated in the missile strikes to kill Bin Laden. But no sense talking with the tribal people then and maybe even now.

The US did not train or fund OBL. . US provided funds and weapons and all training was done by Pakistan which selected who to train. They did not care much for Arabs. The Taliban was basically a non-entity when the US left. Only grew in power years later when Pakistan funded trained and armed the Taliban. This was claimed by Benazir Bhutto.

Afghanistan offered to hand over OBL 3 years after US got the legal right to invade Afghanistan. They put conditions. As US already had the legal right to invade Afghanistan since 1998, they were not impressed by Mullah Omars arrogance.
Legal right to invade. (Says it all)
Legal right to occupy Iraq as well
Legal right to veto anything they don't like
Legal right to change governments
Legal right to rendition flights
Legal right yo torture and have illegal prisons like gitmo
Legal right to persecute palestinains
Legal right to do what they like because people like you buy their narrative.

Have a nice day bro

Legal right to invade. (Says it all)
You always have a legal right to attack in a War of Self-Defense
Legal right to occupy Iraq as well
Iraq violated multiple clauses in the ceasefire agreement in a war started hy Iraq,
Legal right to veto anything they don't like
All permanent members have that right and all other countries have accepted this.
Legal right to change governments
Not really, except governments that attack the US.
Legal right to rendition flights
All countries have control over their own air space.
Legal right yo torture and have illegal prisons like gitmo
Not really. Noone has a right to torture.
US Troops are accused of taking photos, depriving of sleep, forcing prisoners to wear demeaning clothes. Quite far from real nasty torturers.

Legal right to persecute palestinains
The US does not persecute Palestinians.
Legal right to do what they like because people like you buy their narrative.
The US employs lawyers so they ensure that things are done according to international law. They are taught not to follow illegal orders.
That does not mean that the system never breaks down.

People like You decide that whatever you do not like is illegal.

Have a nice day bro

Last edited:
You always have a legal right to attack in a War of Self-Defense

Iraq violated multiple clauses in the ceasefire agreement in a wa4 started hy Iraq,

All permanent members have that right and all other countries have accepted this.

Not really, except governments that attack the US.

All countries have control over their own air space.

Not really. Noone has a right to torture.
US Troops are accused of taking photos, depriving of sleep, forcing prisoners to wear demeaning clothes. Quite far from real nasty torturers.

The US does not persecute Palestinians.

The US employs lawyers so they ensure that things are done according to international law. They are taught not to follow illegal orders.
That does not mean that the system never breaks down.

People like You decide that whatever you do not like is illegal.

I can't belive you even defend US torture.
You defend their removal of IK
You defend their invasion of many many countries.

How much do they pay you?

Jog on mate. Slave mentality.

In a 2004 article entitled "Al-Qaeda's origins and links", the BBC wrote that "[d]uring the anti-Soviet war Bin Laden and his fighters received American and Saudi funding. Some analysts believe Bin Laden himself had security training from the CIA.

Just use Google. Burying your head in the sand and singing Americas praises won't get you a green card

I can't belive you even defend US torture.
What part of ”Noone has the right to torture” do You not understand.
You defend their removal of IK
Not to my knowledge.
You defend their invasion of many many countries.
Yes, and that is because there are good reasons.

In a 2004 article entitled "Al-Qaeda's origins and links", the BBC wrote that "[d]uring the anti-Soviet war Bin Laden and his fighters received American and Saudi funding. Some analysts believe Bin Laden himself had security training from the CIA.
During the Soviet Afghan War, the US provided funding and arms, and Pakistan distributed the funding, the arms and did the training. The deal made between US and Pakistan severely limited US presence within Afghanistan.

1695072690198.png

Just use Google. Burying your head in the sand and singing Americas praises won't get you a green card
Somehow, I manage to find the details people with an Agenda ignores.

Last edited:

Not to my knowledge.

During the Soviet Afghan War, the US provided funding and arms, and Pakistan distributed the funding, the arms and did the training. The deal made between US and Pakistan severely limited US presence within Afghanistan.

View attachment 954483

Yet you ignore the most obvious.

U r Indian right?

Not to my knowledge.

View attachment 954483

The highlighted bit is cherry picking an article...loooool. typical

Osama was American Financed and trained to fight the Soviets as were the taliban so what are you talking about? Additionally please read the taliban offered to give obl to America. You are just towing the fox news and hillbilly narrative. The evidence is there just go look it up
Yes he was than he turned his guns towards USA. I know evidence but I also know the press conference Osama did where he openly declared war on USA. So how about you use common sense and not go blind in your hate

Yes he was than he turned his guns towards USA. I know evidence but I also know the press conference Osama did where he openly declared war on USA. So how about you use common sense and not go blind in your hate
Not blind or hate.
When you train the devil why pretend to be the good guy.
America funded him trained him and his network and like all such groups they eventually turn on you. And now you think Americans are good clean global cops. Wake up.
Why don't you stop being nieve and see Rome for what it is. And stop making derogatory statements like
"how about you use common sense and not go blind in your hate".
I can make such statements about you as well and then you will cry to the mods

Not blind or hate.
America funded him trained him and his network and like all such groups they eventually turn on you.
If he was funded, trained and armed, that was because Pakistan did it.
However, one of the major reasons OBL made a name for himself is because he was filthy rich and could pay for the upkeep of Arabs in Afghanistan.

The Mujahedin was funded, trained and armed by Pakistan.
The US supplied the funds and arms to Pakistan.
That was done to sabotage the Soviet occupation of Afghanistan, and Afghans have a reason to be thankful for the US/Pakistani support.

To claim otherwise is to claim ISI are a bunch of liars.

What people do with their training is their own responsibility.

1695093039953.png

Last edited:
If he was funded, trained and armed, that was because Pakistan did it.
However, one of the major reasons OBL made a name for himself is because he was filthy rich and could pay for the upkeep of Arabs in Afghanistan.

The Mujahedin was funded, trained and armed by Pakistan.
The US supplied the funds and arms to Pakistan.
That was done to sabotage the Soviet occupation of Afghanistan, and Afghans have a reason to be thankful for the US/Pakistani support.

To claim otherwise is to claim ISI are a bunch of liars.

What people do with their training is their own responsibility.

View attachment 954501

"The Mujahedin was funded, trained and armed by Pakistan.
The US supplied the funds and arms to Pakistan."
dude do u indians have a single brain cell?? Read what you write. Talk about contradiction

100% Indian. Pakistan pakistan Pakistan...you being born is pakistans fault as well. Jog on foolish man. Your needle is stuck. I guess you were one of those worshipping trumps photo.

Last edited:
"The Mujahedin was funded, trained and armed by Pakistan.
The US supplied the funds and arms to Pakistan."
dude do u indians have a single brain cell?? Read what you write. Talk about contradiction

100% Indian. Pakistan pakistan Pakistan...you being born is pakistans fault as well. Jog on foolish man. Your needle is stuck. I guess you were one of those worshipping trumps photo.

Yep, that is the default fallback of Pakistanis that lack arguments. Calling someone Indian.

The US provided funds and arms, and Pakistan 100% controlled how they were used in Afghanistan during the Soviet-Afghan War. That is the claim by ISI.

I guess you consider ISI a pack of liars.

As for your ability to draw conclusions.
1695105796291.png

Last edited:
Not blind or hate.
America funded him trained him and his network and like all such groups they eventually turn on you. And now you think Americans are good clean global cops. Wake up.
Why don't you stop being nieve and see Rome for what it is. And stop making derogatory statements like
"how about you use common sense and not go blind in your hate".
I can make such statements about you as well and then you will cry to the mods
I never said America is good clean global cop. There is no such thing in the world. There is no such thing as good peaceful world, where everyone respects each other and lives happily ever after. Let say I am PM of Pakistan with really powerful military and intelligence who actually bothers to do its work if someone threatens my country like that and the host country refuses to go after that person and group I am not worth my salt and I am not doing my duty if I don't bomb the crap out of that group or get them killed in cover or overt missions. Dude stop crying what USA did. USA gained power they worked hard and now they have gained the status in the world that if you mess with them, they destroy you. Stop crying and gain that power and standing in the world.

Back
Top Bottom