What's new

Who's the Next World Superpower?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next super power is undoubtedly China.

All others dont even stand a chance.

If India is lucky to have Modi with full majority then India in 2 decades :)

Let me give you just one example: what if someone developed a way to induce mass panic at will in a population?

They do that all the time anyway, I think people might have become bored of the media trying to panic them.

Anyway, to be a superpower means to have global hegemony. In the current scenario, that means the American Empire's domination of all the world's oceans. We have been able to kick them off our continental landmass even back in the Korean War, but the sea is a different issue.

One day, our economy and production will allow us to build a rival fleet, and along with our existing DF-21D carrier killer ballistic missile and huge numbers of anti-ship missiles, we'll be able to control much of the waters in our own region.

As time goes on, the scale of China will continue to be an asset in our favour. Our population is becoming highly educated, there is nothing they can do that we won't be able to do in the future. Either by hook or by crook we'll take down any advantages they have, all we need is time.

Then one day very soon, there won't be any superpowers left in this world. America will be the last, and it's memory will be a letter of warning to anyone attempting to follow in their footsteps. We'll then have a multi-polar world, with everyone minding their own business.

Next super power is undoubtedly China.

All others dont even stand a chance.

If India is lucky to have Modi with full majority then India in 2 decades :)
Are u serious...the article itself is a troll....did u read entire article

Anyway, to be a superpower means to have global hegemony. In the current scenario, that means the American Empire's domination of all the world's oceans. We have been able to kick them off our continental landmass even back in the Korean War, but the sea is a different issue.

Like I mentioned, I can think of a half dozen innovations. Some of them would neutralize the entire American military machine.

Remember, our technology is just one aspect. The weakest link is still the human element: whether it's the operator, the command hierarchy, or the adversary's society. Americans were actually working on a 'gay bomb'. Both the Russians and the Americans spent money on ESP and psychic phenomena, and it's safe to suspect that, out of the $700 billion budget, a few millions are still being spent that way.

Some of the innovations I am thinking of don't even involve ESP, but straight mainstream science.

Our technology may let us touch the stars and planets but, in more ways than we like to admit, we are not much different from that jungle ape sucking on straws.

Like I mentioned, I can think of a half dozen innovations. Some of them would neutralize the entire American military machine.

Remember, our technology is just one aspect. The weakest link is still the human element: whether it's the operator, the command hierarchy, or the adversary's society. Americans were actually working on a 'gay bomb'. Both the Russians and the Americans spent money on ESP and psychic phenomena, and it's safe to suspect that, out of the $700 billion budget, a few millions are still being spent that way.

Some of the innovations I am thinking of don't even involve ESP, but straight mainstream science.

Our technology may let us touch the stars and planets but, in more ways than we like to admit, we are not much different from that jungle ape sucking on straws.

Technology is a factor of course, but I find it far-fetched to think that an entire nation could be defeated by such ESP conspiracy theory stuff. Especially a nation like China or even America, think about it we could call up approximately 300 million healthy men to be soldiers, and produce enough to arm them all. In the worst case scenario of course.

Even arguably the greatest game-changer of all time, the US atomic bomb, that didn't really change much. The Soviets got the nuke, then we got the nuke.

The US didn't need to even use nukes during WW2, they were just signalling to the Soviet Union.

The game of superiority through technology, the rest of the world has caught up on that trick already. When the West stole our inventions (guns/firearms/artillery/bombs/missiles) and used them to kill us, our leaders were so corrupt and stupid that we had no change of fighting back, even against the weapons we invented.

But that trick no longer works. Not against countries like China or Russia anyway.

entire nation could be defeated

The key people, people who have the required knowledge, training and authority, to conduct war are far fewer in number. The trick is to neutralize the key individuals. The remaining millions and billions become irrelevant.

Right now, it is considered difficult or impossible to neutralize that key demographic, but there is no scientific reason why that should be so.

The key people, people who have the required knowledge, training and authority, to conduct war are far fewer in number. The trick is to neutralize the key individuals. The remaining millions and billions become irrelevant.

That sounds too far-fetched for me, even as conspiracy theories go.

What, so they invent something that can latch on the minds of a handful of Politburo members?

Then what about the other Politburo members? What about the population? Will they just go along with something reminiscent of the Century of Humiliation (i.e. losing our sovereignty to foreign powers), or will they get up and fight?

Wang Jingwei, probably the most famous Hanjian (traitor) in Chinese history. He was a Chinese politician from the KMT, who set up a Japanese puppet government in China.

Nobody likes a puppet government, and the Chinese people will never stop fighting against one. Think about how many people we lost during WW2 (four times more than the Jews lost), but we never gave up.

That sounds too far-fetched for me, even as conspiracy theories go.

What, so they invent something that can latch on the minds of a handful of Politburo members?

There's no conspiracy involved. no one is talking about 'controlling' the targets or occupying any country, only to neutralize their capability as a military adversary.

There's no conspiracy involved. no one is talking about 'controlling' the targets or occupying any country, only to neutralize their capability as a military adversary.

No conspiracy? What kind of tech are you talking about then, and how far has it been proven.

Fun Fact: China invented gunpowder, noodles and socially engineered famines

Likes: US treasury bonds, mass executions, body harvesting, North Korea

Dislikes: Taiwanese independence, Democracy, Opium War jokes, more than one baby

Addendum...

Fun Fact: China invented gunpowder, noodles, socially engineered famines, and fake iPhones

Likes: US treasury bonds, mass executions, body harvesting, North Korea and Pakistan.http://www.cracked.com/funny-1350-north-korea/

Dislikes: Taiwanese independence, Democracy, Opium War jokes, more than one baby and Japan, Vietnam, India, Indonesia, Philippines, Brunei, and South Korea.

:partay:

No conspiracy? What kind of tech are you talking about then, and how far has it been proven.

I already said that the technology doesn't yet exist, as far as we know. But there is no scientific reason why such a feat can not be achieved.

Is there a law of nature that says key Chinese scientists, fighter pilots, generals and strategists cannot be taken out in a surgical operation? or American ones?

If you showed what can be done with today's drones to a caveman, would he believe you?

Is there any reason why someone can't develop technology that makes current drones look like wooden clubs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom