What's new

Who Will Supply 4 LPHs And Other Related Hardware For The Indian Navy?

The ASW helicopter procurement might be slow, because there is no urgend need of numbers at the moment. IN has not that high numbers of Frigats so far, that additional helis would be needed, INS Viraat is more often in the dock, than in operational service at sea and the INS Jalashwa is a vessel, that will be deployed into service only in specific times. For the future with more vessels and carriers, of course the number must be much higher, that's why I also hope for a Dhruv version as the prime ASW heli on IN and ICG vessels, while LDPs would needs bigger, or longer range helicopters.

Didn't the IN reject the Dhruv in ASW configuration? And weren't there some serious issues with lack of automatic rotor folding mechanism- which I don't think was fixed and it seems the Dhruv has been forced on the IN who have only accepted it reluctantly in small numbers in a utility role. I don't think the Dhruv is often deployed on INS operating beyond Indian shores. And how many do ICG operate?

Yeah, would love to see San Antonio Class LPD's and America Class LPH.Hope they sell USS Ponce as well.So we will have both Trenton and Ponce of the Trenton Class.

USS Ponce is in active service right now but we may get USS Nashville of same class.

Didn't the IN reject the Dhruv in ASW configuration? And weren't there some serious issues with lack of automatic rotor folding mechanism- which I don't think was fixed and it seems the Dhruv has been forced on the IN who have only accepted it reluctantly in small numbers in a utility role. I don't think the Dhruv is often deployed on INS operating beyond Indian shores. And how many do ICG operate?

Never heared they were forced to use it, but the small numbers obviously comes from different requirements than IA, or IAF. They also have only a few dozen Chetak and Cheetah in the utility role, while IA and IAF have more than 100 each. AFAIK the Dhruv was rejected because of the lack of range, that's why I suggested to stretch it, to use it as an ASW helicopter for the frigats, while they could procure bigger helicopters for troop and cargo transport, for the carries and LHDs, that normally wouldn't fit into the hangars of the frigats.

AFAIK the Dhruv was rejected because of the lack of range, that's why I suggested to stretch it, to use it as an ASW helicopter for the frigats
There were some bigger concerns with Dhruv and i wrote them earlier also in helicopter thread.

Is this news even credible???? I mean the LPD part may be true but i seriously doubt the LHD part

Back
Top Bottom