What's new

Who was the most influential person in the whole human history?

:what: I never said 1.4 MILLION...I said "1,40,000" or simply one hundred and forty thousand (at the time of his death..almost whole Mecca,Medina and many tribes were converted to Islam..weren't they?) If you still disagree with the number.. I can give you a source..

And rest of your post is filled with "beloved Prophet"...Thats why I wrote Muhammad..not Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W)..I tried to analyze Muhammad
as a historical figure..and I didn't use the world 'Politician'..I said "political leader"...Wasn't he the one who united Arabs under one banner for the first time in history? After which Arabs swept away the Persians and (east) Roman Empires? Who was the driving force behind the great Arab conquests

Try to see things in secular view...How are you saying that he wasn't a philosopher? How much influence does hadiths have on 1.8 billion people around the world? Just think for a moment...your life will definitely have influence of some hadiths...Hadiths are the sayings of Muhammad ! Philosophy is NOT "writing books" or "having student" :)

Ok it seems to me that what you want to do is disconnect Muhammed(pbuh) the man from Muhammed(pbuh) the prophet. If so then you must look to life of the Prophet (pbuh) before his nabowaat to see how influential he was in his community and elsewhere. All the achievements you mention, were made after he (pbuh) received the message and are the result of his nabowaat. Yes he has become a great example to many millions of Muslims around the world but that also is the command from ALLAH (SWT). I think he was one of if not the single most influential man to have walked the face of this earth but not because the reason you mention but because he was the final messenger of ALLAH (SWT) and the message of Islam is something only he could bare.

But as a group I would have to say the men and women who invented the internet. Hands down they win.

The person(s) that invented agriculture. There can be no civilization otherwise. For hundreds of thousands of years humans lived in hunter gatherer societies never advanced past primitive tribes. Agriculture allowed people to gather in large and stable society. This then led to specialization into warriors, artisans, craftsman, and basically complex society and all the progress that came about as a result.

Three important instances of independent agriculture. Wheat in the fertile crescent, Rice in China, and Corn in the Americas. Amazing that these stable crops still provide the bulk of the calories that sustain human life on this planet.

Apart from religions parsonality

my most fav personality is Muhammad Bin qasim

the one who at the age of 17 started conquering india only to protect a girl of his place who was captured by hindus that time

and he's also called the first pakistani

hmmm that tells a lot of things....a lot really...

Ernesto "Che" Guevara
....enough said.....................

I would say Napoleon Bonaparte - his Napoleon Code changed the way countries, nation states and societies evolved and interact. But I guess - there will be many other contenders too.

Ok..be as "neutral" ( and secular) as you can be.....Title explains it all..Who was the most influential person that ever walked on the face of the earth?

** Influence doesn't mean that he was the "greatest" or most "noble" etc...These things are subjective...

For me,it has to be either Muhammad or Jesus but I'll go with
Muhammad for sure..(note I am not writing "Prophet" Muhammad..)

My reasons for putting Muhammad above Jesus are...

Reason

Though Jesus was just like Buddah (means only a great spiritual leader/philospher) but on the other hand Muhammad (As a historical figure) was a very capable military commander,an orator,a statesman,a very influential Philosopher,a revolutionary legislator and a new law giver, ,a very wise diplomat,arguably THE MOST influential political leader ever and one of the greatest spiritual leader ever.Moreover he was the founder of one of the greatest faith of the world,Islam.

Further explanation..

1-At the time of Death,Jesus had JUST 9-500 followers ,Muhammad had 1,40,000 Followers.
2-Muhammad was ,arguably,THE MOST INFLUENTIAL political leader in the recorded history..And political achievement of Jesus???
3-Muhammad was very genius and one of the most successful military commander ever.Jesus never commanded a small expedition in life,forget about commanding forces against numerically very very superior adversary (Muhammad did it successfully many times)
3b-Muhammad was the driving force behind the "Great Arab Conquests"...Such grand and exceptional conquests had no precedent or antecedent in the history..
4-Muhammad was a very wise diplomat (Hudaibia treaty in which he apprantly gave Meccans the upper hand but later the very treaty caused the Meccans to lose ultimately to Muhammad in coming years) ..Jesus??? I don't know of any such thing
5-Muhammad was a revolutionary legislator ..he gave new laws ...Jesus wasn't a new law giver..
6-Muhammad was himself a very skillful warrior and a great philosopher ...Jesus was a great philosopher
7-Muhammad was a great orator and very, very capable statesman (Charter of Medina,establishment of "secular" state in Media) ... state Jesus governed..?
8-Muhammad was himself the AUTHOR of Qur'an (He commanded and supervised the scribes what to write and what to not write).Did Jesus EVER contributed in the development of Bible?
9-Both Jesus and Muhammad founded the two greatest religions in the world BUT Muhammad played a FAR GREATER role in the development of Islam than Jesus played in the development of Christianity. By the way,on a side note,Encyclopedia Britainica also calls Muhammad as most successful religious leader of all times..

Have your say...

Well seriously Auz but I don't like this thread. You might have had good intentions while starting this thread but people and especially Indians responding on this thread don't have good intentions. I can see people writing PBUH with Gandhi and even Imran Khan. People showing dislike towards Prophet Muhammad(SAW). I can see bigotry and prejudice by some people while posting on this thread. In fact some posts were blasphemous too. That's why I don't prefer religious topics on this forum. Reason that we have too many "secular" Indians and some "liberal" Pakistanis here. Not a very good place to discuss religion and religious personalities.

Most historians say Muhammad. Then Jesus, Buddha, Isaac Newton, Confucius,Albert Einstein etc.

MLKjr, Gandhi, etc will barley get in top 100.

Here's the 2011 list of influential people reported by TIME Magazine

Full List - The 2011 TIME 100 - TIME

For India
Azim Premji, Aruna Roy, V.S. Ramachandran, Mukesh Ambani and Mahendra Singh Dhoni are all up there :cheers:

For pakistan
Ahmed Shuja Pasha :lol:

un pay lakhon karooron durood o salam
104310605_03e75d60c5.jpg

images

Well seriously Auz but I don't like this thread. You might have had good intentions while starting this thread but people and especially Indians responding on this thread don't have good intentions. I can see people writing PBUH with Gandhi and even Imran Khan. People showing dislike towards Prophet Muhammad(SAW). I can see bigotry and prejudice by some people while posting on this thread. In fact some posts were blasphemous too. That's why I don't prefer religious topics on this forum. Reason that we have too many "secular" Indians and some "liberal" Pakistanis here. Not a very good place to discuss religion and religious personalities.

Well my intention was NOT to discuss religion or religious issues or personalities etc..Thats why I deliberately didn't write Prophet Muhammad instead I just wrote Muhammad...I also wrote to be as neutral and secular as possible...

And for some Indians...forget them yar..Who even cares about these ignorant retards? By the way,some guy also posted "Ashoka" as "most influential person in all human history" :cheers:

Jesus Christ - the son of god.

Give reasons for your choice too..

Why? You dont wish peace upon gandhi and imran khan? I would even say Osama Bin Laden(PBUH). all dead people rest in peace, All people who are alive, peace be upon them too.

Back
Top Bottom