What's new

WHO says it 'regrets' US decision to halt the funding

About damned time!
We disagree strongly here.

The election of Trump and his knee jerk unilateralism has made it clearer than ever that the global order needs balance, and that an overehwlmingly powerful US with no checks and balances is only a maniac getting elected away from wreaking havoc on the world.

It is that fear of the global order receiving balance that drives the US and its European lackey's quixotic pursuit to 'counter' the Chinese 'monster'.

Yes Wuhan is paradise!

202T_TheTruth_LG_large.jpg

Dont want to bring out numbers mate but situation in New York is beyond being grim. I am not sure if next UN general assembly session, I guess in September, will be viable to be held in NY. They need to find some alternate place.

We disagree strongly here.

The election of Trump and his knee jerk unilateralism has made it clearer than ever that the global order needs balance, and that an overehwlmingly powerful US with no checks and balances is only a maniac getting elected away from wreaking havoc on the world.

It is that fear of the global order receiving balance that drives the US and its European lackey's quixotic pursuit to 'counter' the Chinese 'monster'.

You think I agree with Trump? He is our useful idiot as was Bush Jr.
The UN and WHO need desperate reforms and Trumps has just made it a global hot topic.
Every news paper, magazine, news letter, blog from Seoul to Tristan da Cuhan is debating the relevance of the UN and WHO. Fortunately, Trump's actions will not hinder WHO's ongoing efforts - so, there is no immediate danger.

Please ignore what I say to the xiao fen hong's among us.

No sitting US President can wreak havoc upon the world. No, not even Franklin D. Roosevelt at the peak of his power.

Finally,I will gladly welcome a transparent, democratic China as a counter balance to the US.

trump is SUCH a Chinese & russian asset. he opened up YET another opportunity for China to step in & replace the u.s. :lol:

Finally,I will gladly welcome a transparent, democratic China as a counter balance to the US.
Seriously though, unlike the threat posed by the Soviet Union, how does China actually threaten the US militarily?

China has no claims on US territory and unlike the Soviet Union isn't interested in 'spreading communism'. Compared to China, the Russians under Putin or like-minded individuals are probably still the bigger 'threat'.

Very good decision! The WHO secretary general, a communist party member in his home country Ethiopia, is a Chinese sock puppet.
And various decisions made in the Security Council or other parts of the United Nations where the US has significant influence are completely objective, unbiased and meant to advance the 'greater good of the world'?

The UN is politicized, and nations with greater global economic and military clout manipulate decisions in their favor - let's not single out China for this when the list of manipulated decision making in the UN by the US and its allies is far longer.

And various decisions made in the Security Council or other parts of the United Nations where the US has significant influence are completely objective, unbiased and meant to advance the 'greater good of the world'?
No, but this doesn't have any relevance in this case.The WHO failed miserably and it was more preoccupied to peruse China instead of fighting the virus. I agree that they should do it on Chinese dime not US ones.

No, but this doesn't have any relevance in this case.The WHO failed miserably and it was more preoccupied to peruse China instead of fighting the virus. I agree that they should do it on Chinese dime not US ones.
Could you explain more specifically what you mean by 'the WHO was more preoccupied to peruse China instead of fighting the virus'?

Seriously though, unlike the threat posed by the Soviet Union, how does China actually threaten the US militarily?

China has no claims on US territory and unlike the Soviet Union isn't interested in 'spreading communism'. Compared to China, the Russians under Putin or like-minded individuals are probably still the bigger 'threat'.

I'm not worried about the Chinese military i.e. capability. China is no match for the US, not today.

The real worry with China is its unfettered greed. A friend is now trapped in Morocco, on her long walks along its coast she talks to the fisher folk that have no fish to catch, ditto in Argentina. My fathers friends mainly geologist, in other parts of Africa talk about ecological disasters left behind by unsustainable exploitation of resources. The richer China gets the more it consumes, the world is going to push back and when that happens it will be interesting to see how China reacts. The world cannot sustain 1.4 billion wealthy Chinese people.

Could you explain more specifically what you mean by 'the WHO was more preoccupied to peruse China instead of fighting the virus'?
On the 14th of January the WHO was telling us from Beijing that the virus isn't spreading from people to people, they were busy criticising the US for banning arrivals from China! One month later they declared a global pandemic and their main concern was not to call the virus chinese or Wuhan virus. They're a useless organisation, politicised by China and EU states should follow US lead and cut the funds.

I'm not worried about the Chinese military i.e. capability. China is no match for the US, not today.

The real worry with China is its unfettered greed. A friend is now trapped in Morocco, on her long walks along its coast she talks to the fisher folk that have no fish to catch, ditto in Argentina. My fathers friends mainly geologist, in other parts of Africa talk about ecological disasters left behind by unsustainable exploitation of resources. The richer China gets the more it consumes, the world is going to push back and when that happens it will be interesting to see how China reacts. The world cannot sustain 1.4 billion wealthy Chinese people.
I'm not convinced that altruism over exploitation of the natural resources of various countries by China is the driving factor (or even a major factor) behind US led 'containment of China'.

If that were truly the case, why this drive to promote India as a means to contain China -- India is yet another huge nation with a large economy and an increasing appetite for natural resources, and in many ways even fewer environmental controls domestically (forget abroad) than the Chinese?

Imbecile Trump is trying to make WHO the scapegoat for his total mishandling of Covid-19 which will cost 10s of thousands of unnecessary US deaths.

Hope the moron gets punished by the voters and kicked out in the November Presidential elections if they go ahead.

There's over 130,000 deaths in the world and 25,000 is in the US. The number is going to be hitting 1Million soon.

The WHO is supposed to be protecting the planet not economies.
It blew it badly with Covid19 by not taking quick action.

Why are we giving them $500 Million?

Last edited:
There's over 130,000 deaths in the world and 25,000 is in the US. The number is going to be hitting 1Million soon.

The WHO is supposed to be protecting the planet not economies.
It blew it badly with Covid19 by not taking quick action.

Chinese CDC never mentioned th economy when talking about measures to contain the virus. Only US/UK

Back
Top Bottom