What's new

Who is your favorite general ?

Let Boss ...answer that question....

@AUSTERLITZ is Historian Gibbon of that thread :-)
I come to know that... Khalid & Gangis khan never lost a single battle in their military life...?? is that correct

WHY PERVEZ MUSHARRAF??.....HE IS SOB

@Dem!god ...Hitler is my favorite too.... Dont be afraid,Iam supporting you :enjoy:

@AUSTERLITZ ... I want to know the Emperors (if you create thread on that topic) who built Magnificient FORTS
that encompass China WALL like Marvels........I think that topic will catch much attention ;)
hehehe....
thanks for ur support...:-)
i like nationalist people...be it Hitler or Napoleon or Alexander....
only mistake which Hitler did was to alienate jews and not counting the usa interventions ....

Actually you are correct here. It is difficult to say who is best. Every great general played his role during his era using different weapons and resources. Further more, there are different modes of warfare. For example, commanders who fought guerrilla warfare cannot be compared with commanders who fought a conventional war since the two modes of war are totally different.

Ho_Chi_Minh_1946.jpg

while on the subject of generals, I think Ho Chi Minh deserves a mention. His communist army of a few thousand hardened fighters had defeating the French including the much feared french foreign legion.

Yes! Battle of Bien Dien Phu was definitely profound !

hehehe....
thanks for ur support...
i like nationalist people...be it Hitler or Napoleon or Alexander....
only mistake which Hitler did was to alienate jews and not counting the usa interventions ....
I dont know why i like him....maybe his Personality attracts me
Maybe....
He starts life BROKE & his 13 years struggle from Laymen to most powerful Man of EARTH..??
Maybe...He was GOOD LOOKING...WHEN HE WALKS / TALKS / SALUTE ....representing Symbol of German NATIONALISISM
I dont understand German...but his words & Gestures inspires me....I dont know why??
Adolf-Hitler.jpeg
hitler (1).jpg

hitler.jpg
Hitler-2at-Nuremburg-rall-006.jpg

I dont know why i like him....maybe his Personality attracts me
Maybe....
He starts life BROKE & his 13 years struggle from Laymen to most powerful Man of EARTH..??
Maybe...He was GOOD LOOKING...WHEN HE WALKS / TALKS / SALUTE ....representing Symbol of German NATIONALISISM
I dont understand German...but his words & Gestures inspires me....I dont know why??
View attachment 35508 View attachment 35510
View attachment 35511 View attachment 35512

Brother, its called the Cult of Personality...

@AUSTERLITZ ... I want to know the Emperors (if you create thread on that topic) who built Magnificient FORTS
that encompass China WALL like Marvels........I think that topic will catch much attention ;)

The Great Wall of China 221 BC-1644 AD (Fortress): Stephen Turnbull, Steve Noon: 9781846030048: Amazon.com: Books

Try this book if u want details of the great wall fortifications with pictures.Osprey fortress series is available on net sources particularly ********..see if u can find..if not and ur still interested start a conversation with me on my profile with ur mail address.
For the emperors qin shi huang di..the first emperor began it..it was gradually improved by several ones..i'll see if i can do one.

Masaharu Homma.

Either him or the equally tacticious Tadamichi Kuribayashi

Aye yamashita is probably the best japanese general of ww2.His favorite tactic was the 'scorpion sting' or 'the hook'.

Aye yamashita is probably the best japanese general of ww2.His favorite tactic was the 'scorpion sting' or 'the hook'.

His tactics were impressive, his launching of troops from Japanese-conquered French Indochina accomplished what the British deemed impossible. 30,000 Japanese soldiers forced the surrender of 130.000 British, Indian soldiers. Then the same force he used to meet up with Homma Masaharu in the conquest of the Philippines.

He was brutal, effective.

General Huo Qubing who defeated the Huns, when he was only 18-year old, though he died young.
Huo Qubing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sorry for the west though: The Huns west migration caused the fall of Roman Empire later.

Incorrect. Roman Empire collapsed due to a host of multivariates: immigration from magna germania, continued wars with the vandals, visigoths, ostrogoths, parthian empire, internal corruption. The Huns played a role in territorial wars , but they did not lead to collapse of the Roman Empire.

He is the first one uniting China under empire type of system.
Qin Shi Huang - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Great Wall of China 221 BC-1644 AD (Fortress): Stephen Turnbull, Steve Noon: 9781846030048: Amazon.com: Books

Try this book if u want details of the great wall fortifications with pictures.Osprey fortress series is available on net sources particularly ********..see if u can find..if not and ur still interested start a conversation with me on my profile with ur mail address.
For the emperors qin shi huang di..the first emperor began it..it was gradually improved by several ones..i'll see if i can do one.

It is absolutely correct. There are a lot of western historians citing the Huns as the fundamental cause for the roman empire's fall.

That is due the fact that the Huns was so strong and kept beating those Germania tribes...

Those tribes could only go towards to roman empire territories ... kept beating roman empire until its fall...

the Huns had a devastating impact on the Roman world, and played a key role in the fall of the weaker, western half of it. It's not just that they compelled the Goths to enter Roman territory late in the fourth century.

The Huns were a very formidable force in their own right. During the 440s, they annihilated eastern Roman armies, plundered territory and extracted vast tribute. Yet the western Empire turned out to be the real loser. Just before Attila's horde began to ravage the eastern Empire, the eastern army was preparing to help the West recover North Africa. This operation was vital for the longterm survival of the western Empire for, without the revenues generated by the wealthy African provinces, it could not afford to build an adequate army to deal with barbarian encroachments on its territory. The eastern army was ready to recapture North Africa when it received word of the Hunnish threat to the East. So it was withdrawn, and the western Empire didn't get its essential territory and revenues.

Even though the Huns themselves were stymied in the West in 451-53--mostly through the efforts of the western barbarians and the pope, not the western Empire-- and disappeared, the failure to regain Africa proved fatal in just a few decades. Although the East tried to help again, in 468, by then the Vandals under Gaiseric were more formidable, and the venture failed, dooming the West. It is likely that, in the 440s, the Huns messed up the West's only chance to recover its possessions and survive.

Hun-Driven Barbarian Invaders of the Roman Empire

Of course, later the defeated Turks in Northern China migrated again westwards after defeated by the Tang Army... well unfortunately later caused the fall of east roman empire.

Incorrect. Roman Empire collapsed due to a host of multivariates: immigration from magna germania, continued wars with the vandals, visigoths, ostrogoths, parthian empire, internal corruption. The Huns played a role in territorial wars , but they did not lead to collapse of the Roman Empire.

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom