What's new

Who is your favorite general ?

Jernail Ayub Khan.

I want to cry rivers whenever I read how intelligent and smart he was. Forging alliances with the countries that were known to stab.

lol, surely you jest ?
i can't think of a greatest General than buddha.... he never used a sword but begging bowl....he never got angry but love and compassion were his weapon... and he concurred cities and countries with his message of peace ...which no one has done till now....

i can't think of a greatest General than buddha.... he never used a sword but begging bowl....he never got angry but love and compassion were his weapon... and he concurred cities and countries with his message of peace ...which no one has done till now....

The same can be said of Jesus Christ, my friend. :)

Significant enough for a small country like SL. It is a shame that Cholas couldn't subdue it. I saw the picture of Chola conquest by it is shame to say that they couldn't subdue SL completely. Held only on to the major city centers until they got the proper beating.

Sinhalese has always beat Tamils. :P
Nope, we rule from South India to SE Asia, u ruled part of a island LOL.
And u mean that Sinhalese, Chinese and Pakistanis kill tamil civilians.

Khalid bin Waleed ... no match for this brilliant general . he give the best results in less resources , battle of yarmok was one of the most decisive battles in the history of mankind .. and he crush the roman forces with his battle plans and strategies.

Nope, we rule from South India to SE Asia, u ruled part of a island LOL.

Well that is our island and not to mention Sinhalese expedition several years later which has driven away the remaining Cholas from Madurai and installed Pandya prince to the throne. Not to mention renaming Rameswaram as Lankapura. :P

Khalid ibn Walid (ra), Hannibal, Sa'd ibn Abi Waqqas (ra), Amr ibn al-As (ra), Tariq ibn Ziyad (ra), Prophet Muhammad (saws), Ali ibn Abi Talib (ra), Abu Bakr (ra), Umar ibn al-Khattab (ra), Alexander the Great, Napoleon, Genghis Khan, Leonidas, Julius Caesar, Sargon II of Assyria, Hamilcar Barca, Thutmose III of Egypt, Tiglath-Pileser III of Assyria, Philip II of Macedon, Scipio Africanus.
The reasons for the vast majority of those above should be well-known.
That's about it on top of my head.
My name missing....o_O
Eugene of Savoy - I like that guy, modest, brave, great tactic.
I like that Man too....:coffee:

Dont try to become Pope or Mullah of that Thread...Ok :hitwall:

Suleiman the Magnificent
1. His conquest of most of southeastern Europe
2. His impressive siege of Vienna , Central Europe
3. His patronage of the arts during his reign led to the 'Turkish Renaissance'
4. His humbling of the Shi'a Safavid Dynasty
5. The Military under him was second to none..in the world.
Wonderful Choice, How you approached that Guy?? Your & @AUSTERLITZ seemz me EQUIVALENT in knowledge of History. I have one Story about Him (true or False i dont know) Plz correct me...If me WRONG
Siege of Vienna begins in 1529, But they failed to capture the city Bcoz Winters were approaching fast, their Time selection was wrong, Heavy Rain cause Way slippery & Many large-cannons and artillery pieces became hopelessly bogged down, leaving Suleiman no choice but to abandon them, On way back to Istanbul they left everything outside wall of Vienna(to leave the city quickly) which INCLUDE one item COFFEE, which Turk Army use most of time to make themselves warm,, THAT WAS THE FIRST EVER INTRODUCTION OF COFFEE FOR EUROPEANS

Mehmed the Conqueror - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Conquest of Constantinople
Conquest of Serbia
Conquest of Morea
Conquests on the Black Sea coast
Conquest of Wallachia
Conquest of Bosnia
Conquest of Karaman
Conquest of Albania
Conquest of Genoese Crimea
I like him for his TACTFUL Conquest of ISTANBUL 1453

For me it will always be Hannibal Barca, Rome's greatest enemy.

Alexander comes a close second in my list

Last edited:
My name missing....o_O

I like that Man too....:coffee:

Dont try to become Pope or Mullah of that Thread...Ok :hitwall:

Wonderful Choice, How you approached that Guy?? Your & @AUSTERLITZ seemz me EQUIVALENT in knowledge of History. I have one Story about Him (true or False i dont know) Plz correct me...If me WRONG
Siege of Vienna begins in 1529, But they failed to capture the city Bcoz Winters were approaching fast, their Time selection was wrong, Heavy Rain cause Way slippery & Many large-cannons and artillery pieces became hopelessly bogged down, leaving Suleiman no choice but to abandon them, On way back to Istanbul they left everything outside wall of Vienna(to leave the city quickly) which INCLUDE one item COFFEE, which Turk Army use most of time to make themselves warm,, THAT WAS THE FIRST EVER INTRODUCTION OF COFFEE FOR EUROPEANS

I like him for his TACTFUL Conquest of ISTANBUL 1453
no...its not like that....
he was a great sage....i really admire him.... other personality i really admire is swami vivekananda....he was a great Indian...

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom