What's new

Who is your favorite general ?

Hitler did what he had to do..

What? Destroying Europe and pulling the world into the worst 6 years of human history had to be done?!

And saying that Hitler was a great general ( :lol: ) speaks volumes about your knowledge on this matter.

Sorry.

True! And he was a corporal at best. :lol: :lol:

Yeah, his role was that of a dispatch runner^^

Any dates on the next part of your current battle report?

27th this month first part of my exams over.2nd part(just pass part) will go from 22nd july to 29th july.
From 27th june to july i'll focus mainly on mild exam prep,plus getting my 13 old battle reports back up with new pictures and diagrams..i have to redraw many of them.While i also just bought diablo 3 and pre ordered coh 2 expansion pack that releases on 24 th..so these i will check out after 27th.There's also the world cup knockout stages.So its a busy time mate.:D

I'll start on the next part of my ongoing battle reports from august and move quickly.I have recieved the book i was waiting for on blitzkreig .Its full of maps and details and now i have all material ready for the france campaign 1940 one which will follow the current one.Before i go to my vacation in darjeeling in october during durgapuja i hope to have finished 1805 austerlitz campaign and be atleast midway into the 1940 one.Well thats the long term plan anyway.
Don't blame me if i get addicted to diablo 3 in the meantime and all plans go out of the window.:dance3:

27th this month first part of my exams over.2nd part(just pass part) will go from 22nd july to 29th july.
From 27th june to july i'll focus mainly on mild exam prep,plus getting my 13 old battle reports back up with new pictures and diagrams..i have to redraw many of them.While i also just bought diablo 3 and pre ordered coh 2 expansion pack that releases on 24 th..so these i will check out after 27th.There's also the world cup knockout stages.So its a busy time mate.:D

I'll start on the next part of my ongoing battle reports from august and move quickly.I have recieved the book i was waiting for on blitzkreig .Its full of maps and details and now i have all material ready for the france campaign 1940 one which will follow the current one.Before i go to my vacation in darjeeling in october during durgapuja i hope to have finished 1805 austerlitz campaign and be atleast midway into the 1940 one.Well thats the long term plan anyway.
Don't blame me if i get addicted to diablo 3 in the meantime and all plans go out of the window.:dance3:

OT: What are you studying ?

Chingiz(gengez) Khan. He rose up from being nothing to the biggest emperor the world has ever seen. Compared to him Alexander/Napolean/Hitler and everyone else were small.

Last edited:
Favorite is Apathy ;)

After that I would have to say Robert E. Lee, a Confederate officer during the US Civil War (he actually didn't agree with the South splitting from the North, but was loyal to his home state.)

This is a quote of someone describing him during a speech in 1874:

"He was a foe without hate; a friend without treachery; a soldier without cruelty; a victor without oppression, and a victim without murmuring. He was a public officer without vices; a private citizen without wrong; a neighbour without reproach; a Christian without hypocrisy, and a man without guile. He was a Caesar, without his ambition; Frederick, without his tyranny; Napoleon, without his selfishness, and Washington, without his reward."

Interesting that you chose Lee, I have personally always been fascinated by the great Stone Wall Jackson, some would say he was even better than Lee.

220px-Stonewall_Jackson_-_National_Portrait_Gallery.JPG

Historians say had he not been shot in a case of friendly fire and died from Pneumonia soon after that the South may have won the war as Lee had to appoint someone else at Gettysburg who then made a tactical mistake which cost them the opportunity to destroy Union forces who were retreating.

His last words were, "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees."

Interesting that you chose Lee, I have personally always been fascinated by the great Stone Wall Jackson, some would say he was even better than Lee.

Historians say had he not been shot in a case of friendly fire and died from Pneumonia soon after that the South may have won the war as Lee had to appoint someone else at Gettysburg who then made a tactical mistake which cost them the opportunity to destroy Union forces who were retreating.

His last words were, "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees."

Both jackson and lee based their tactics almost entirely on napoleon.Not that they weren't great commanders on their own right...
Basically in the late 19th century and upto the horrors of the trench warfare of the first world war every single upcoming general wanted to be 'the next napoleon'(for european generals) or 'the napoleon of the west' for usa generals.

Bahram Gur

Sassanian%20Bahram%20V%20the%20Gur%20hunting%20Hephthalite%20White%20Huns.jpg

Because he fought the turkic tribes of far east successfully and repelled them back to where they were , he reformed the sassanian army so that they were able to fight the far easterners , besides romans and westerners , the same people , monogls , the muslim arabs succumbed to ...

Chingiz(gengez) Khan. He rose up from being nothing to the biggest emperor the world has ever seen. Compared to him Alexander/Napolean/Hitler and everyone else was small.
Different timeline, No one is Smaller or Bigger, Everyone Played their part Magnificiently...
Moreover, I came to know that...at the time of Changaiz khan, World was experiencing climate change & his horses have enough to EAT at every Platform - World was Green more than ever before.....
His Military tactics, are unparallel
1. Every Soldier keep 2 horses, If one get tired , they use other, RESULT....swift speed, unexpected assault
2. He used to hide "Few Warriors" in the battle & finally unleach them from rare of its ENEMY.
3. Two forces align for combat - fight begins - Mongol Center Fake retreat & then - DITCH

General Zia-ul-Haq.
after 100 years, our pakistani will raise him from his GRAVE .....Right now, he's DICTATOR :azn:
(for me he did his role perfectly)
I prefer Emperor Chandra Gupta Maurya...!
I like him, and Its very difficult for me to say someone is my ultimate favorite, Bcoz every Century demands its own REQUIREMENTS :-)
MY FAVOURITES ARE
ALEXANDER / NEPOLEAN / GANGIS KHAN / TAMERLANER / KHALID BIN WALED
I dont know much about Hannibal / Ceaser ....:undecided: i

When one compares the South to the North one is astonished to see how the South had so little resources, army was half the number of the north. Yet they won spectacular victories. If anyone can be considered Napolean of the civil war, it was Lee and Gettysburg was his Waterloo.

I like him, and Its very difficult for me to say someone is my ultimate favorite, Bcoz every Century demands its own REQUIREMENTS :-)
MY FAVOURITES ARE
ALEXANDER / NEPOLEAN / GANGIS KHAN / TAMERLANER / KHALID BIN WALED
I dont know much about Hannibal / Ceaser ....:undecided: i
Actually you are correct here. It is difficult to say who is best. Every great general played his role during his era using different weapons and resources. Further more, there are different modes of warfare. For example, commanders who fought guerrilla warfare cannot be compared with commanders who fought a conventional war since the two modes of war are totally different.

Ho_Chi_Minh_1946.jpg

while on the subject of generals, I think Ho Chi Minh deserves a mention. His communist army of a few thousand hardened fighters had defeated the French including the much feared french foreign legion.

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom