What's new

Who is best, Gurkha or punjabi soldier?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Lets have debate on it. Which one of two is considered best when it comes to soldiery. What are their achievements in the british indian army, indian army, pakistan army and U.K army?
Any famous quotes about them from enemies?

P.S: By punjabi i mean punjabis of both countries of any religion

I have seen some heated debates btw Pakistanis and Gurkha's in internet.Really worth reading :rofl:

Still stick around with so called martial race.Still no change in the mentality

Gurkhas are racially pure and martially superior to the Punjabis. :coffee:

Gurkhas are racially pure and martially superior to the Punjabis. :coffee:
Being 'racially pure' is not any asset to fighting better.

And there is no such thing as martially superior.

Gurkhas are better in my opinion simply because they have martial arts in their culture and they live and are bred in a tough environment.
Punjabis - if subjected to the same conditions - will be as good as them.

Since Punjabis come from a comfortable land - Punjab - where they dont have to struggle as much - they dont have to be as tough.

Which is more powerful?
Lion or Tiger?
Please give detailed account of their prowess to substantiate and disseminate the facts.

Gurkha's charging with Kukris is a fearsome sight as acknowledged by the soldiers who faced them. These guys truly live a warrior life.

Punjabis are not even single race.

Being 'racially pure' is not any asset to fighting better.

And there is no such thing as martially superior.

Gurkhas are better in my opinion simply because they have martial arts in their culture and they live and are bred in a tough environment.
Punjabis - if subjected to the same conditions - will be as good as them.

Since Punjabis come from a comfortable land - Punjab - where they dont have to struggle as much - they dont have to be as tough.

Punjabis don't struggle???

:rofl:

@Pak-one , you know that Pashtuns are even tougher than Punjabis!

Vietnamese are tougher than the gurkhas

Its like asking which midget is better at basketball. Waring is an act practised by independent nations. The nations who have been ruled over for centuries have naturally become blunt and dont excel at this art. The great martial nations are Europeans obviously plus Chinese and Japanese. Poor 3rd world folk become excellent war fodder and thats what they are used for.

Sikhs are better I think and thy are Punjabis.. but gurkhas maybe better in mountain warfare. I could be biased being a Punjabis.. but then Sikhs have the highest number of Victoria crosses in british india army and lots of veer chakra and parm veer chakra in indian army..battle of saragrai and battle of longowalla and recently take a look at the kargil war. its Sikhs all the way in bravery. the most decorated indian regiment is Sikh regiment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom