What's new

Who is Ahmadinijad ?

Totally, well i know from the behaviour s/he has a hidden agenda in their approach to the people on the forum, this is not his/her first post where i have caught him/her out.

But this guy just went off on a tandem. Such a shame, regardless i know enough about Iran and Iranians to know people like this chap are in the minority.

That is most likely to be originated from the propaganda section of the Iranian Intelliegnce . They have been posting here on regular basis . But They forget that the problem with Iran is the branding itself. They have serious image crisis. This is not just about Mahmoud but the attitude of that country as a whole. Even their secular Shah went out of favour because he was drawing United States in to a big trouble with Russia in his attempt to annex Georgia and Oxus region of the Soviet Union.

Whoever denies the great cultural ties pakistan has with iran is a complete fool, not only do we share both pushtun, and blouchi refugees but also great heritage such as a common faith we both have large sunni and shia communities, khorasan was once a pushtun empire. The mazars of the ahlul bayt are dear to all factions of the muslim community. The problem is that with the fall of the fall of the shah regime came the islamic reveloution of Iran, with the cost of that alot of young youth died and even more in the iran iraq war, hence now majority of the population conspires mostly of youngsters, who wnat cosy lifestyles, and live like westerners want dating etc hence to stomach the revolotion which there forefathers died for is to much for them, but not all many youngsters are as passionate about the reveloution as the old.

Many of these so called student organisations are backed up by the west that desire a regime change in the region due to its hostility towards the zionist ocupation, but many of the pleasure seeking fools fail to see their evil designs. For the sake of Healthy talk il stop here, it was starnge of that lady or man to Attack brother rescue ranger for merely strecthing out a hand of freindship, when it is well known that in england, english are composed of many different stocks.

I asked you something reply to that don't go off the road stay on course, otherwise I will come more precise and that'll leave you with embarrassment.

You seem to overestimate yourself too much. Let us not get into something that hampers the maturity of this forum, shall we?

Yes, The whole Palestine is a prison camp the world's largest prison camp, you simply paved your way through did not reply to me to that specific inquiry, don't compare it to Iran is far far better and you will never be able to provide extreme concrete evidences of the claim you are making running around from pillar to post.

There are some pictures that are posted by Vassnti here. Take a look at them. When it comes to Israel and Palestine conflict, I don't like to comment on either side's favour and say that both have not been angels. To portray one side as white and others as black is not correct if you take a look into the whole scenario from a non-involved party's perspective ( i.e. from a non-Arab/non-Israeli/non-Muslim point of view).

Israeli soldiers have committed acts that are in many ways contrary to the rights of Palestinians in certain cases but the Palestinians haven't been non-violent monks either. You might not want to agree with me but you know it deep within. It is your choice.

Whenever it comes to bilateral issues such as Israel-Palestine, Pakistan-India, etc especially on this forum, I am merely an on-looker rather than a participant. Neither countries have anything special to do with mine (except as per posts on PDF, a lot of money being stacked up in our banks belonging to politicians from your country and from your rivals') and so I leave it to that: Bilateral issue.

Would you say the same for Palestinians and Lebanese people massacred by each and every israeli government? No? than move on..

I shall answer your situation again:

Israel, Palestine and Lebanon are three different entities from the international eyes. Two existing countries with listed citizenship, economies, national flags and so on and the other being a semi-recognized state in its ordeal to exist.

Iran's situation is an internal domestic problem, where the perpetrator of troubles happens to be of the same race, faith and other similar attributes as that of the people whom he subjects to. Pray tell me how do you equate the two totally different political conditions?

Here we have Iranian nationals explaining you what their president's actual face is and you still override them imposing your fantasy world.

You make it sound like Lebanon has been reduced to Afghanistan-like state :lol:. Lebanon war was fought in 2006 and you are talking of Israelis massacring Lebanese 'everyday'. If it was to go according to your statement, by now the region would have been extinct of Palestinians because of 'daily massacres'. It is not happening (Heavens forbid), proves you're blowing your words out of proportion.

Now calling a spade a spade, I say that Israeli military men during service times might have definitely been guilty of conducting human rights violation as it is common in most regions of conflict. It is tragic and whenever and wherever genuine cases are taking place, they are condemnable and must be punished accordingly.

But the discussion with you especially gets in murky waters when you put one side completely on the high pedestal without accepting its problems as well.

I take neither side in this conflict; you do.

Hale Shobam Chitori...

You are very close. It would be "hale shoma chetori" in the correct form. I have a thread running on this forum titled "Learn to speak Persian/Farsi on PDF." Perhaps it would help you.

Why would you say something like that? Friend we share a lot with Iranian culture, for start we have farsiban in Pakistan starting from the North and ending in Baluchistan.

True. On a trip to northern Pakistan I came across some Persian speakers. I met a group of Hazaras in Quetta also who spoke Hazarengi, which is a dialect of Persian and very close in form to Dari and Iranian Farsi. I will admit though that I am unaware of other Farsi-speaking groups in Pakistan. I know some Pakistanis who know Farsi very well also even though it is not their native tongue. Anyhow my own observation was that the general culture in Pakistan is heavily influenced by a general Indian culture. As such, Pakistanis are culturally different from Iranians.

Many have families in Iran, especially in Esfahan... I know of five people who have families in Iran and return ever year for pilgrimage during ashura.

Quit true. I personally know people in Iran who have Pakistani cousins setting aside actual Pakistanis (as in citizens of Pakistan) who reside in Iran. I have a distant aunt with Pashtun/Pakthun ancestry who is originally from Pakistan. Technically therefore I have some Pakistani cousins myself. :)

Last edited:
May be he meant in Pakistan we dont have a culture of wearing jeans and skirts under burqas ;)

I think you are confusing the Iranian "chador" with the Burka that is seen in Pakistan (of which there are severals forms within Pakistan). Also, the clothing isn't hidden really if that was what you were trying to say. You'd see Iranian women in the streets wearing jeans, ankle-high torusers, long skirts and long coats. When outside, this is coupled with a headscarf/hejab which is a requirement in the IRI.

My fellow Pakistanis, why on earth you want to associate yourselves with the Persians even to the minimum extend ? Pakistan hosted two of the oldest civilization in the world Harappa and Mohenjodaro. This happens when we forget our Indus root and try to associate with much inferior foreigners like the Arabs and the Persians. The Persians are racial supremacists who consider them to be better than any race in the world.

Firstly, it is very wrongful for you to paint all Iranians as racial supremacists. Yourself stemming from multi-ethnic and cultural Pakistan I would indeed hope that you realize that Iranians too come in a number of shades.

Secondly, I do not intend to discuss "race" for I find it a ludicrous proposition. However, you should not deem any group of people to be inferior. I found this quiet offensive. People are superior to other people only in terms of humility, sacrifice and wisdom.

ای ایران;967685 said:
Arabs living in Iran are the descendants of invaders and migrants. Some of them as recently as the 1970s (from Iraq). Kurds are as Iranian as Persians are and some of the Turkic Iranians are also descendants of invaders/migrants but most (as in Azeris) are Iranians who's language had drifted from Persian, Kurdish and whatever else to speaking Azeri Turkish after the Seljuks moved into Azerbaijan and set-up their kingdom there.

Kurds are an Iranic people and are indeed very close otherwise by tongue and by customs/ culture. As for Azeris-- I am Azeri myself-- I do agree with you on the bit that we are an Iranic-caucassian people like the Ossetians. As for linguistics, old Azari is an Iranic tongue whereas modern Azeri is a Ohguz Turkic tongue. In any case though, regardless of ancestry or "race" (for I find myself in disagreement with the idea of race ), our people are Iranian-- which should alone be our primary identity. The different peoples in Iran are its only true wealth and have blessed us with their presence.

☪☪☪☪;967955 said:
I disagree Old School - Iranians are very selfish mean people.They hate pretty much everyone except themselves.You'd just have to look at their forums for example Iran Defence forums etc.

... and I find myself in complete disagreement with you. Iranians are a welcoming and hospitable people. The same is said of Arabs, yet some are indeed quiet mean and selfish-- Not all eggs in a basket are the same. Stereotypes are inherently false and you ought to know that.

You are very close. It would be "hale shoma chetori" in the correct form. I have a thread running on this forum titled "Learn to speak Persian/Farsi on PDF." Perhaps it would help you.

True. On a trip to northern Pakistan I came across some Persian speakers. I met a group of Hazaras in Quetta also who spoke Hazarengi, which is a dialect of Persian and very close in form to Dari and Iranian Farsi. I will admit though that I am unaware of other Farsi-speaking groups in Pakistan. I know some Pakistanis who know Farsi very well also even though it is not their native tongue. Anyhow my own observation was that the general culture in Pakistan is heavily influenced by a general Indian culture. As such, Pakistanis are culturally different from Iranians.

Quit true. I personally know people in Iran who have Pakistani cousins setting aside actual Pakistanis (as in citizens of Pakistan) who reside in Iran. I have a distant aunt with Pashtun/Pakthun ancestry who is originally from Pakistan. Technically therefore I have some Pakistani cousins myself. :)

Thank you Pasban... God Bless you for your honesty and brotherly nature!

At least seven Israeli arms dealers are currently in jail in four countries - the United States, Russia, France and Britain - on charges of illegal arms dealing. Some of them are also suspected of crimes such as forgery, bribery, money laundering and violating UN Security Council embargoes. Such arrests are briefly covered in Israel and then forgotten. But they have a cumulative effect that is very damaging to Israel's image, or what remains of it.
Armed fighters from the militant group Hizbul Islam in Somalia’s capital Mogadishu, last week.

Armed fighters from the militant group Hizbul Islam in Somalia’s capital Mogadishu, last week.
Photo by: Reuters

Even though it is doubtful whether those in jail know one another, they have quite a lot in common. All are men in their fifties or sixties. All are well to do (or were in the past ), having made most of their money in international arms dealing or in exporting security services and equipment from Israel. They served in the Israel Defense Forces and reached mid-level ranks (from captain to lieutenant colonel ), and when they were arrested, they denied the charges. Friends who came to their assistance described them, naturally, as "the salt of the earth."

All seven are familiar faces in the corridors of the defense establishment, and at one time received arms dealing permits from the Defense Ministry. All sought to "expedite procedures" in violation of local or international laws, and did so out of pure greed. Due to this covetousness, they also fell into traps and can expect to face many years in jail.

Shimon Naor-Hershkowitz is detained in France and will apparently be extradited to Romania, where he will serve an 11-year jail sentence. He was convicted of forging documents (end-user certificates ) that he used to purchase Romanian arms together with a Romanian partner (who later informed on him to the authorities ). The arms were ostensibly destined for Togo, but in reality were sent to rebels in Angola.

Yair Klein has been held for over a year in a Russian jail, after being arrested there at the behest of Colombia, which wants him on charges of training drug barons' bodyguards. Klein, almost 70, may be the Israeli who comes closest to being a "mercenary" of the ugliest sort. He has previously done jail time in Sierra Leone.

In a British jail sits Gidon Sarig, 58, who was sentenced several months ago to seven years in prison for selling arms and other combat gear to parties in Venezuela, Peru, Senegal, Nigeria, Gabon and, primarily, Sri Lanka.

And in January, Ofer Pazaf, 50, the president of a Kfar Sava company that works as an intermediary and represents security consultants and defense industries, was arrested in Las Vegas. Arrested with him were two other Israelis who have lived in the U.S. for several years: Yohanan Cohen, 47, the CEO of a San Francisco company that manufactures security gear, and Haim Gary, 50, the president of a Miami company that functions as a middleman for defense companies.

All three, along with 20 Americans and people of other nationalities, were arrested in a sting operation by the Federal Bureau of Investigations. One of the agents posed as a representative of the defense minister of an African country and pretended to be looking to purchase arms in return for a bribe - known in the professional lingo as a "commission."

The latest Israeli to find himself behind bars is Hanoch Miller, 53, who was arrested a few days ago in the United States. Together with his partner, retired U.S. Air Force colonel Joseph O'Toole, he is charged with attempts to obtain and sell thousands of AK-47 (Kalashnikov ) rifles to the "government" of Somaliland, a separatist region of northern Somalia. The arms were to have been purchased in the United States and to have been sent on cargo planes to Panama and Bosnia, and from there to Somaliland. But the plan fell through because the third partner, who was supposed to purchase the rifles for Miller and O'Toole, was actually an informer for the customs authorities.

European sources - security and insurance personnel working in Somalia, who are well acquainted with the area - told Haaretz that this story does not make sense, and that the official version put out by the U.S. authorities may conceal a different story. For instance, the indictment stated that the arms were to have been sent to a city called Bandera in northern Somalia. But a look at a map of Somalia reveals that this name is fictitious: No such place exists in Somalia.

Moreover, the shipping documents stated that the cargo was for "the Ministry of Defense of the Somali Republic." But the government of the separatist area known as Somaliland does not refer to itself as the "Somali Republic." Ever since the military coup in 1969 that sent the country down the sewer, its official name has been the Democratic Republic of Somalia.

May be a wrong thread, but here it is.
Fighter

Ahmadinejad calls sanctions against Iran pathetic

Sat Jul 3, 2010 1:01pm GMT

By Ramin Mostafavi

TEHRAN (Reuters) - The latest sanctions against Iran are pathetic, President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said on Saturday, warning world powers they would regret their bullying.

In his first speech since U.S. President Barack Obama signed into law sanctions targeting Iran's vulnerable fuel imports, Ahmadinejad said the measures would not hurt the economy or stop Iran taking a greater role in world affairs.

"They know that there is a sleeping lion in Iran which is waking up and if she wakes up all the relationships in the world will change," he told industrialists. "Their pathetic acts show they know what a great human power is hidden in Iran."

The U.S. law followed sanctions agreed by the U.N. Security Council and the European Union, all aimed at pressuring Tehran to curb a nuclear programme some countries fear is aimed at making a bomb -- something Iran denies.

"They thought that by having meetings and talking to each other and signing papers they could stop a great nation's progress," Ahmadinejad said.

"Iran is much greater than what they can perceive it in their small minds," he added. "We know that if this Iranian civilisation awakes then there would be no more room for arrogant, corrupt and bullying powers."

The hardline Iranian leader has consistently played down the impact of sanctions. He called the U.N. resolution a "used handkerchief" and said that Iran could become self-sufficient in gasoline within one week if needed -- more likely a rhetorical flourish than a realistic assessment of its energy needs.

Last week, France's Total joined a list of oil companies that do not sell gasoline to Iran which, despite being the world's fifth-largest oil producer, lacks sufficient refining capacity and imports up to 40 percent of its petrol.

Two days ago, South Korea's GS Engineering & Construction called off a $1.2 billion (790 million pound) contract to sweeten gas from the South Pars field. This one of the world's biggest gas fields, but Iran has yet to exploit it fully, partly because sanctions have limited foreign investment and knowhow.

Ahmadinejad has said he is prepared to return to talks with major powers on the nuclear question, but on certain conditions only, and not before the end of August -- a delay he said was intended to "punish" the West.

EU foreign affairs chief Catherine Ashton, with the backing of the major powers that have been involved in nuclear talks with Iran in the past, wrote to Tehran's chief nuclear negotiator last month inviting him to resume negotiations.

(Writing by Robin Pomeroy; editing by David Stamp)

May be a wrong thread, but here it is.
Fighter

Ahmadinejad calls sanctions against Iran pathetic

Sat Jul 3, 2010 1:01pm GMT

By Ramin Mostafavi

TEHRAN (Reuters) - The latest sanctions against Iran are pathetic, President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said on Saturday, warning world powers they would regret their bullying.

In his first speech since U.S. President Barack Obama signed into law sanctions targeting Iran's vulnerable fuel imports, Ahmadinejad said the measures would not hurt the economy or stop Iran taking a greater role in world affairs.

"They know that there is a sleeping lion in Iran which is waking up and if she wakes up all the relationships in the world will change," he told industrialists. "Their pathetic acts show they know what a great human power is hidden in Iran."

The U.S. law followed sanctions agreed by the U.N. Security Council and the European Union, all aimed at pressuring Tehran to curb a nuclear programme some countries fear is aimed at making a bomb -- something Iran denies.

"They thought that by having meetings and talking to each other and signing papers they could stop a great nation's progress," Ahmadinejad said.

"Iran is much greater than what they can perceive it in their small minds," he added. "We know that if this Iranian civilisation awakes then there would be no more room for arrogant, corrupt and bullying powers."

The hardline Iranian leader has consistently played down the impact of sanctions. He called the U.N. resolution a "used handkerchief" and said that Iran could become self-sufficient in gasoline within one week if needed -- more likely a rhetorical flourish than a realistic assessment of its energy needs.

Last week, France's Total joined a list of oil companies that do not sell gasoline to Iran which, despite being the world's fifth-largest oil producer, lacks sufficient refining capacity and imports up to 40 percent of its petrol.

Two days ago, South Korea's GS Engineering & Construction called off a $1.2 billion (790 million pound) contract to sweeten gas from the South Pars field. This one of the world's biggest gas fields, but Iran has yet to exploit it fully, partly because sanctions have limited foreign investment and knowhow.

Ahmadinejad has said he is prepared to return to talks with major powers on the nuclear question, but on certain conditions only, and not before the end of August -- a delay he said was intended to "punish" the West.

EU foreign affairs chief Catherine Ashton, with the backing of the major powers that have been involved in nuclear talks with Iran in the past, wrote to Tehran's chief nuclear negotiator last month inviting him to resume negotiations.

(Writing by Robin Pomeroy; editing by David Stamp)
First of all, Ahmedinejad needs to stop acting like a raving loose cannon. His rhetoric does more damage to the Iranian people than the word of mouth would-be attack of Israelis and Americans. Being a top government official and having power to command resources at his will, he doesn't feel any pinch unlike Iranian citizens who suffer the most because of such a president.

He needs to stop his stupid statements and think of mending relations with half the world that he's destroyed. Iran possibly has no enemies and such men as this man is only making internal as well as external enemies. No one in true sense is opposed or has a racial hatred of Persian people. Before the clerical takeover even Israel had excellent relationship with them.

Any government run by religious zealots will cause a country to become like today what the police state of Iran has become.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom