What's new

Who is Ahmadinijad ?

ای ایران;966133 said:
Please dont pretend to know what you're talking about when it comes to Iran. You're not Iranian and have no idea what life is like in Iran, either before or after Ahmadinejad's Presidency. That is amply clear from this topic you started. If you like Ahmadinejad thats your business, but dont spread lies about Iranian people and act as if you know anything about the Presidential election in Iran last year. You're kidding no one but yourself by doing so.

I have business with Iran and Iranians as they are our neighbors and i care about what happens there.

I said what i know about the Elections - if you can prove otherwise i would join your club.

If not then you are lying to yourself not me.

you are a fool to the nth degree. I can't believe how stupid you pakistanis are to believe the bull **** of a fascist theocratic state. Sometimes I'm surprised that you guys aren't in the same state as Afghanistan.

Stop bitching about Pakistan or i will get your a$$ moved out of this place !

These are Facts and its on record that Ahmadinijad was Elected by votes and there is no compulsion on people when they vote.

You can say whatever you want to say about Iran but it wont change the reality - you are as non Iranian as i am.

Don't try to be Iranian when you are not.

Perhaps you ought to do the same yourself.

To the topic...

Iranians have very mixed views on Ahmadinejad and the origin of those views are based upon a variety of factors. He more or less enjoys much support from the rural population of Iran, the conservative/ traditionalist elements and of course the pro-Islamic Republic Iranians (specifically those who are not part of the reform movement). On the other end of the spectrum, his support is least from Iranian expatriate workers (based on the general majority), a large section of the Iranian diaspora abroad (the majority of whom are against the idea of an Islamic Republic let alone Ahmadinejad's presidency), the urban youth, the upper class of society, and sections of the urban middle/working class. On a provincial breakdown, Ahmadinejad (and the Islamic Republic generally) enjoys strongest support from the southern (Khuzestan etc), central and eastern provinces (Khorasan provinces) whereas opposition is strongest in the south-east (Sistan Baluchistan) and the north-west. As such, the term "populist" can be controversial regarding him, and the Iranian government as a whole as there lies support for both positions in Iran. The amount of support for either is a controversial subject itself.

you are a fool to the nth degree. I can't believe how stupid you pakistanis are to believe the bull **** of a fascist theocratic state. Sometimes I'm surprised that you guys aren't in the same state as Afghanistan.

Nima calm down. Do you know how much american regime or governments/europeans funds in to destabilize Muslims countries and governments? Do you have any idea just google it and you have have thousand of lists and evidences on your finger tips. Or do you reject the idea of us funding chosen oppositions to destabilize nations as is clear in case of afghanistan/iran/Pakistan and more.
Do some research on the destabilization part, I'm stressing.

Iranians have very mixed views on Ahmadinejad and the origin of those views are based upon a variety of factors. He more or less enjoys much support from the rural population of Iran, the conservative/ traditionalist elements and of course the pro-Islamic Republic Iranians (specifically those who are not part of the reform movement). On the other end of the spectrum, his support is least from Iranian expatriate workers (based on the general majority), a large section of the Iranian diaspora abroad (the majority of whom are against the idea of an Islamic Republic let alone Ahmadinejad's presidency), the urban youth, the upper class of society, and sections of the urban middle/working class. On a provincial breakdown, Ahmadinejad (and the Islamic Republic generally) enjoys strongest support from the southern (Khuzestan etc), central and eastern provinces (Khorasan provinces) whereas opposition is strongest in the south-east (Sistan Baluchistan) and the north-west. As such, the term "populist" can be controversial regarding him, and the Iranian government as a whole as there lies support for both positions in Iran. The amount of support for either is a controversial subject itself.

My friend you are repeating the same myths and generalizations about Iran that much of the Western media incorrectly reports about the country. Iran is at or over 70% urbanized and whatever "rural areas" we have left do not constitute a common political, factional or even cultural block. Ahmadinejad has supporters in Iran, there is no doubt about that. But be aware of those over simplifications and the incorrect categorizations of Iranian people into "middle class", "urban", "rural" and so on. Even within institutions like the IRGC, among its rank and file particularly, you get noticeable divergences in political affiliations. That was clear from the number of IRGC rank and file that voted for Khatami in 1997 and 2001. Plus, there are different types of Iranian middle class and working class, with so many factors playing into this (economic, social, regional, ethnic). Iran is too complex for outsiders to comprehend.

I have business with Iran and Iranians as they are our neighbors and i care about what happens there.

I said what i know about the Elections - if you can prove otherwise i would join your club.

[self-deleted]

Im sorry just because you have "business" with Iran does not give you any say in Iranian affairs. Please keep your business to just that and dont try to act like you are one of us or know what you're talking about. Im saying this to you for your own good. I mean its nice and all that you try to pay attention to Iranian news but please dont go around and act like you actually know us because you dont. You should care about all those millions of hungry and poor people in Pakistan and what your leaders should be doing for them before trying to involve yourself in Iranian peoples business.

Nima calm down. Do you know how much american regime or governments/europeans funds in to destabilize Muslims countries and governments? Do you have any idea just google it and you have have thousand of lists and evidences on your finger tips. Or do you reject the idea of us funding chosen oppositions to destabilize nations as is clear in case of afghanistan/iran/Pakistan and more.
Do some research on the destabilization part, I'm stressing.

So, according to you, the Americans are "funding" the "destabilization" of Afghanistan even tho the country in already under their occupation and isnt functioning like a normal state anyway? So i guess all the billions of dollars the US has invested in Afghanistan to rebuild its infrastructure, support its new regime and rebuild its armed forces, not to mention the 1000 or so US service-men killed in Afghanistan, has all in fact been a US plot to "destabilize" an already destabilized country? Strange logic. One fit for the nut-house.

Incidentally too, if the US wanted to destabilize Pakistan, then they surely would not be acting as a major donor to your country and paying your government and army over 1 billion US$ each respectively in an effort to stabilize your country which is aid-dependant and suffering from chronic economic, social and political problems. You make no sense at all and i suspect you will continue to play to fool here.

The US exerts much effort to pressure and at times, destabilize too, the Islamic Republic, Iran. But your country is one of the biggest beneficiaries of American aid. So please, try engage with some reality. Thanks.

Last edited:

The last one gave me a good laugh and it is sad at the same time.

Last edited by a moderator:
ای ایران;966520 said:
My friend you are repeating the same myths and generalizations about Iran that much of the Western media incorrectly reports about the country. Iran is at or over 70% urbanized and whatever "rural areas" we have left do not constitute a common political, factional or even cultural block. Ahmadinejad has supporters in Iran, there is no doubt about that. But be aware of those over simplifications and the incorrect categorizations of Iranian people into "middle class", "urban", "rural" and so on. Even within institutions like the IRGC, among its rank and file particularly, you get noticeable divergences in political affiliations. That was clear from the number of IRGC rank and file that voted for Khatami in 1997 and 2001. Plus, there are different types of Iranian middle class and working class, with so many factors playing into this (economic, social, regional, ethnic). Iran is too complex for outsiders to comprehend.

I agree with what you say and in no way am I denying the complexity of it-- Iran is much too complex for Iranians themselves. I was making a brief generalization for non-Iranian members here so that they could better gauge the situation to some level. As for complexity, the opposition/ reformist segment is basically an umbrella for too many different groups of people, more often than not with very contradicting views. The conservatives themselves have inner rivalries. Iranians abroad are available in an equal number of shades. This then mixes further with the endemic corruption, social factors, unemployment, often poor governance and more...

ای ایران;966170 said:
I know what you mean. I found this website randomly through Google and only joined because i was genuinely surprised at how many topics on Iran and stuff were being discussed here. But the thing that i noticed the most was how ignorant and clueless Pakistanis seems to be about not just Iran but the wider World around them. So many weird myths, conspiracy theories and just plain fallacies can be found here that it even makes Iranian state media look rational in comparison! I dont really understand either why Pakistanis here are fascinated with talking about Iran and stuff when they dont know anything about the country or Iranian people. The presumptions they make are interesting to read tho. But i am still trying to figure out why they make them.

To be honest, it is tough to trust any news that you get about Iran. The western media is so paranoid it can get silly at times. And I am not sure if the Iranian media are government mouth-pieces. That leaves just guys like y'all to tell us the true story. I used to think pretty high of Ahmadinejad and admired the way he 'stood up' to the bullies of the world. But a couple of Iranians working with me made me realize that all his empty rhetoric has done more harm than good for Iran. The guys hate the man dearly and one of them loves to abuse him at every chance. They even ridicule the Arabs who idolize the man, and wonder why people can't see the truth. He seems like a leader catering more to foreign people than his own!

On a different note, I appreciate the way he explained his take on the Holocaust on Larry King Live. Just wish he didn't have that silly smirk when he spoke about the murder of innocent humans.

What a verdict , now what is the proof or you are just trolling as usual ?

A slog to get through the 31 pages if you dont like statistics but the proof that there was fraud.

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~wmebane/note18jun2009.pdf

Reformist cleric Hassan Yusefi Eshkevari told RFE/RL's Radio Farda in a telephone interview from his home in Tehran that the official results show that Tehran's establishment fears democracy. Eshkevari described the disputed results as "an election coup d'etat."

"The election result is not understandable by any logic because if Ahmadinejad was supposed to have 62 percent of the vote, there would have not been so many protests and so many efforts to replace him," Eshkevari says. "Especially during the past month, all of Iran was calling in a united voice, 'We want to change [Ahmadinejad], and we don't want him [as president].' "

Ahmadinejad Asks 'Where Is Fraud?' But Prevents Independent Scrutiny - Radio Free Europe / Radio Liberty 2010

More importantly you dont need thugs to beat the people that supposedly support you overwhelmingly, does this look like a happy people after a free and fair election?

neda_iran_2.png

b195208425.jpg

Iran-protest.jpg

90% so called protesters in india/Pakistan/iran/afghanistan and more are either students/unemployed, thugs out there for fun what we call in our language "tamashgir" rest 5% are the real protesters.

I totally agree about the hypocracy of current arab leadership but dont agree the Ahmadinajad type is the solution.

He is at best nationalist but dont call him leader of muslim ummah.

He might be good for Iran, but calling him or potraying him as leader's of entire ummah is straching too far.

And remember Black Blood brother, Hazrat Salman Farsi (RA) has nothing to do with current lot of Iranian.

Dont ask WHY??? pandora box will explode. :cheers:

Back
Top Bottom