What's new

White Guy Tells How China Really is

Isn't that double standard ? I for one am very grateful for the United Sates in the privilege of working and living here.
US is built through immigration. The short US existence is through immigrant. China is different. We have long existence and clear identity of who we are.

US is built through immigration. The short US existence is through immigrant. China is different. We have long existence and clear identity of who we are.

The entire North and South American identity is based on immigration. Canada , and the United States, tho originally of Anglo-Saxon immigrant stock, have immigrants of German, Russian, Italian, Serbian, Spanish, stock. Then it also includes East Asian, South Asian, African etc.

Central and South America have been influenced by Spanish (Western European) immigration and mixture with the native MesoAmerican to form a distict identity. A Latino identity, tho has a strong semblance with Iberian culture.

The countries in North, Central and South America may be relatively 'young' , but their formation is but an example of human migration and population dynamics.To which China is part of.

:-)

The entire North and South American identity is based on immigration. Canada , and the United States, tho originally of Anglo-Saxon immigrant stock, have immigrants of German, Russian, Italian, Serbian, Spanish, stock. Then it also includes East Asian, South Asian, African etc.

Central and South America have been influenced by Spanish (Western European) immigration and mixture with the native MesoAmerican to form a distict identity. A Latino identity, tho has a strong semblance with Iberian culture.

The countries in North, Central and South America may be relatively 'young' , but their formation is but an example of human migration and population dynamics.To which China is part of.

:-)
That's why I said China and the US were different and will remain that way. The US is a land of immigration, China is a land of an ancient civilization. We are descending from our Huaxia tribe to the formation of a Han identity and living together with various ethnic minority that lived in China for century. Asking China to accept immigration is not appropriate. This is why I think people should immigrate to the US than to China.

That's why I said China and the US were different and will remain that way. The US is a land of immigration, China is a land of an ancient civilization. We are descending from our Huaxia tribe to the formation of a Han identity and living together with various ethnic minority that lived in China for century. Asking China to accept immigration is not appropriate. This is why I think people should immigrate to the US than to China.

@xunzi ,

Your answer bears semblance of more conservative Japanese colleagues of mine. Of which they are against gaijin immigration into Japan. And when I ask why they are against it, they will reply saying, "It will pollute Japanese blood" or , "Japan is too ancient and our people are distinctly Japanese."

Well you are entitled to your opinion, but I just want to infer that it is almost double standard for us native East Asians to hold a protectionist mentality when it comes to our home country. I mean, I am grateful to have been given the privilege to live and work here in the United States, to see a new part of the world, learn from different mindsets that are foreign to Japan.

I hold the position that foreigners who have the qualities and CV to work in Japan should be given the opportunity. Or in China. Given, you are right that China and Japan are far more 'homogenous' as compared to immigrant nations such as the United States, Canada, Australia et al. So they might have a 'culture' shock of the shear homogeneity of Japan or China.

My position is that they should be welcomed. Why not.

@xunzi ,

Your answer sounds that of more conservative Japanese colleagues of mine. Of which they are against gaijin immigration into Japan. And when I ask why they are against it, they will reply saying, "It will pollute Japanese blood" or , "Japan is too ancient and our people are distinctly Japanese."

Well you are entitled to your opinion, but I just want to infer that it is almost double standard for us native East Asians to hold a protectionist mentality when it comes to our home country. I mean, I am grateful to have been given the privilege to live and work here in the United States, to see a new part of he world, learn from different mindsets that are foreign to Japan.

I hold the position that foreigners who have the qualities and CV to work in Japan should be given the opportunity. Or in China. Given, you are right that China and Japan are far more 'homogenous' as compared to immigrant nations such as the United States, Canada, Australia et al. So they might have a 'culture' shock of the shear homogeneity of Japan or China.

45XiaMapTotalHistory.jpg

This is where we came from.

Over the years, the Northern Chinese was flooded by the nomads especially during the North South Dynasty. Beijing was Barbarian capital for 1000 years, since Song Dynasty, only back to Han Chinese hand briefly under Ming.

Meanwhile, the Han continues to migrate South, eventually reaching Yunnan.

But China need to take in foreigners carefully, if she really want to open up.

Do it the wrong way, you import lots of criminals. The USA criminals you know who are they.

Then there is some groups who feel macho in killing people and even to commit suicide for 72 virgins.

Other groups would like to practice caste system.

@xunzi ,

Your answer bears semblance of more conservative Japanese colleagues of mine. Of which they are against gaijin immigration into Japan. And when I ask why they are against it, they will reply saying, "It will pollute Japanese blood" or , "Japan is too ancient and our people are distinctly Japanese."

Well you are entitled to your opinion, but I just want to infer that it is almost double standard for us native East Asians to hold a protectionist mentality when it comes to our home country. I mean, I am grateful to have been given the privilege to live and work here in the United States, to see a new part of the world, learn from different mindsets that are foreign to Japan.

I don't mind foreigners, in fact many of my friends are foreigners.

I am glad that they want to live and work in China, and help to contribute to our economy.

Giving them citizenship though, is very unlikely. China already has the largest internal migration in the world, and around 10 million people move from the rural areas to the cities every single year.

It doesn't make sense for us to give Chinese citizenship for foreigners on a large scale. The Western countries need it, because that's their economic strategy, to attract the best and the brightest from other countries to bolster their workforce. China has a different strategy, we have so many people in the rural areas, it makes more sense to build upon the human capital we already have.

Thank you for sharing that historical piece of information, @Lux de Veritas . I do appreciate your inferences to historiography, and anthropology as seen in other threads.

Tho it is apparent that we might disagree in positions regarding some social issues, I will say that I share a similar fondness for Asian History as you do. I hope to always maintain a working rapport with you here.

@xunzi ,

They are welcome to live temporarily. When a foreigner asks me how is it to live in China, I always pretend that it is not good, hoping that it will deter them from living there. I was just being honest, here. You have to understand from our position. We have a lot of people already and there is not enough opportunity for immigration. China is for Chinese people. People should look to the US, the land of opportunity than to China. This is always why I support the US being a global leader. Most Chinese people feel the same way. US deserves to be the global leader because of what it represents. Of course, we will welcome tourism and short business trip.

China is a land of an ancient civilization. We are descending from our Huaxia tribe to the formation of a Han identity and living together with various ethnic minority that lived in China for century. Asking China to accept immigration is not appropriate. .

You just explained the Israeli situation with the Jews.

Even American style fridge are bigger though the interior layout offers tiny space :cuckoo:

Depends upon the model. Many are trying to get this sticker.
325c26041dc2865d32f864e15faff9fc.jpg

To get it the walls would need lots of insulation.
Home refrigerators are the second most user of electricity (after air conditioners).
I have 2 refrigerators and 2 dedicated freezers (one standup and one chest). I can imagine what my electric bill would be like if they were not efficient. I keep three of them in the basement to stay cooler.

Jew doesn't have a state until the modern era.

They had one long ago but got kicked out by someone (the Babylonian's I believe?).
Jerusalem was founded 6000 years ago.
Kingdom of Judah - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom