What's new

Whistleblower Army sahayak found dead

@Windjammer In case you missed this news
I think you missed complete Picture

Media cheated him, he didn’t know they were shooting: Brother of jawan who killed himself

http://indianexpress.com/article/in...-brother-of-jawan-who-killed-himself-4553460/

LANCE NAIK Roy Mathew, 33, last spoke to his wife, Finny, on the night of February 25. His younger brother, John, said Mathew was worried about the sting video uploaded by news website The Quint, in which he had spoken on the “sahayak” or “buddy” system in the Indian Army.

Mathew was found hanging from the ceiling of an abandoned barrack in the Deolali Army Cantonment on Thursday.

While the website has removed the video with the report, “Soldier or Servant?”, uploaded on February 23, police sources said Mathew spoke about doing personal chores for his superior officer.

The Quint did not respond to multiple requests made to co-founder Ritu Kapur through calls, text messages and email, seeking answers to a questionnaire on the report and Mathew’s death.

“Roy was weeping when he spoke to his wife. He said he had been called for an inquiry by higher officials… After saying he was in trouble, he ended the call,’’ said John.

DCP Shrikant Divare said they were probing the circumstances leading to the death. “So far, neither the family nor the army have complained. We have recovered a diary (in Malayalam), which we are translating to investigate if he was under any stress. We have also learnt about the sting operation featuring him, and we will probe if that led him to commit suicide,” he said.

Meanwhile, the army issued a press release stating that “guilt” may have driven Mathew to commit suicide. “Preliminary investigations have now revealed that the suicide may be the result of a series of events which were triggered by media personnel managing to video-graph the deceased by asking leading questions on his duty as buddy without his knowledge. It is very likely that the guilt factor of letting down his superiors or conveying false impression to an unknown individual led him to take the extreme step,” it said.

“The identities of the army personnel in (video) clipping were hidden, and thereby not known to the army. Hence, there is no question of any enquiry that could have been ordered against the deceased,” it said. “A complaint has been lodged with local police and an enquiry has been ordered by army authorities to investigate the circumstances leading to his death… From February 25 onwards, this individual was declared absent without leave and apprehension roll was registered with the police as per existing order, till the body was recovered from an abandoned barrack,” said the statement.

At Mathew’s home in Pavithrasekharam village, in Kollam district of Kerala, his brother said although his face was not shown in the sting video, “one could easily identify Roy from the visuals”. Stating that Mathew was “under severe tension” after the video was uploaded, he said, “The media cheated him… His family has lost their sole breadwinner… Roy never knew that the journalist was secretly shooting him.”

Mathew’s wife, Finny, is unemployed. His father ekes out a living from a small shop, while his mother works in a private cashew factory. The family lost another son, Jacob, barely a year ago.

Mathew had joined the army about 14 years ago, and was planning to retire after a few more years of service. His cousin, Jijju John, said the army should have “enquired with his family and even started a search for him” when he went missing. “They should not have marked him absent without a probe,” he said.

According to Mathew’s family, his phone remained switched off after that. For days, they had no news about him. The worried family sent a petition to the Army chief, through local MP Suresh Kodikunnil, seeking a probe into the incident. Then on Thursday, they were informed about his death.

The Nashik police have registered an accidental death report under Section 174 of the CrPC. Police sources said Mathew is suspected to have committed suicide a few days ago as the body was in a decomposed state.

“The post-mortem has ruled out foul play and has stated it is death due to hanging,” said a police official. Sources said the police were probing if he had been “provoked” by anyone.

I think I didn't miss anything and you are getting defensive even though I didn't say anything :lol:
Come On I know you traits.I Know What were you upto with jammer
Only Posted reality :omghaha::omghaha:Sorry to Spoil Your Troll fest

Come On I know you traits.I Know What were you upto with jammer
Only Posted reality :omghaha::omghaha:Sorry to Spoil Your Troll fest

Obviously you know us. We have made your trolling fail a lot of time on this forum. Even your "reality" has little impact on this thread.

But still you are getting defensive for nothing. Is it because of some fear? It sure is :lol:

Obviously you know us. We have made your trolling fail a lot of time on this forum. Even your "reality" has little impact on this thread.

But still you are getting defensive for nothing. Is it because of some fear? It sure is :lol:
We too returned favors

Fear for what? I Know I am technically and Intellectually Ahead Of you both.I can contribute More to PDF than both of you combined :omghaha::omghaha:

We too returned favors

Fear for what? I Know I am technically and Intellectually Ahead Of you both.I can contribute More to PDF than both of you combined :omghaha::omghaha:

Favors by wearing pink sari??

And oh look guys. We have a technically superior joker here. So what is your technical specialty? Shoving your left index finger in your right nostril? :rofl:

Favors by wearing pink sari??

And oh look guys. We have a technically superior joker here. So what is your technical specialty? Shoving your left index finger in your right nostril? :rofl:
:lol::lol:
manginoassfire.jpg

Fresh post-mortem on body of jawan after family raises doubts
Thiruvananthapuram, Mar 4, 2017 (PTI)
599466_thump.jpg

A fresh autopsy was today ordered on the body of a jawan from Kerala, found dead after a sting video on the "abuse" of buddy system in the army, after his family insisted on it, raising doubts over this demise. The fresh post-mortem of Roy Mathew (33), a native of Karuvelil in Ezhukon in Kollam district, was underway at the Government Medical College Hospital here, hours after the body was brought to the city this morning by a flight, a senior police official said.

Mathew was found hanging from the ceiling of a room in an abandoned barrack in Deolali cantonment in Maharashtra's Nashik on Thursday. Alleging that there were marks of beating on his feet and blood had clotted in some parts, his relatives, including wife Finy, refused to accept the body until a fresh post-mortem was conducted in Kerala. Finy has filed a complaint with Kollam District Collector and the police raising suspicions over her husband's death, SP (Kollam Rural) S Surendran, told PTI.

After receiving her complaint, the postmortem was ordered and it is going on, he said, adding that the Revenue Divisional Officer was also present. A sobbing Finy, who was at the airport, said, "I need to get justice. I want to know how it happened. I want to see him." The relatives have also alleged that disrespect was shown to the body when it was brought here. It was left unattended in a trolley for nearly half-an hour after it landed at the airport, they charged.

Mathew had gone missing on February 25 after he purportedly figured in an expose by a news portal on the "abuse" in the orderly system in the army. Army has said it had not questioned Mathew after the video surfaced, which showed soldiers, working as sahayaks, walking dogs of senior army officials or taking their children to school. Mathew had joined the army 13 years ago and was working as artillery gunner with the Rocket Regiment 214 in Nasik camp since the last one year. He had contacted his wife on February 25 after which he went missing.
@Areesh

Mathew was found hanging from the ceiling of a room in an abandoned barrack in Deolali cantonment in Maharashtra's Nashik on Thursday. Alleging that there were marks of beating on his feet and blood had clotted in some parts,
Hopefully Tej Bahadur's turn is next.

Ohh my Sweet summer child feeling your sanitary pad wet.Me being present on thread:rofl::rofl::lol::lol:

Meanwhile PDF fanboys investigating and giving verdict. :omghaha::omghaha:
Great go

Mathew was found hanging from the ceiling of a room in an abandoned barrack in Deolali cantonment in Maharashtra's Nashik on Thursday. Alleging that there were marks of beating on his feet and blood had clotted in some parts, his relatives, including wife Finy, refused to accept the body until a fresh post-mortem was conducted in Kerala. Finy has filed a complaint with Kollam District Collector and the police raising suspicions over her husband's death, SP (Kollam Rural) S Surendran, told PTI.

:lol:

Fresh post-mortem on body of jawan after family raises doubts
Thiruvananthapuram, Mar 4, 2017 (PTI)
599466_thump.jpg

A fresh autopsy was today ordered on the body of a jawan from Kerala, found dead after a sting video on the "abuse" of buddy system in the army, after his family insisted on it, raising doubts over this demise. The fresh post-mortem of Roy Mathew (33), a native of Karuvelil in Ezhukon in Kollam district, was underway at the Government Medical College Hospital here, hours after the body was brought to the city this morning by a flight, a senior police official said.

After receiving her complaint, the postmortem was ordered and it is going on, he said, adding that the Revenue Divisional Officer was also present. A sobbing Finy, who was at the airport, said, "I need to get justice. I want to know how it happened. I want to see him." The relatives have also alleged that disrespect was shown to the body when it was brought here. It was left unattended in a trolley for nearly half-an hour after it landed at the airport, they charged.

Mathew had gone missing on February 25 after he purportedly figured in an expose by a news portal on the "abuse" in the orderly system in the army. Army has said it had not questioned Mathew after the video surfaced, which showed soldiers, working as sahayaks, walking dogs of senior army officials or taking their children to school. Mathew had joined the army 13 years ago and was working as artillery gunner with the Rocket Regiment 214 in Nasik camp since the last one year. He had contacted his wife on February 25 after which he went missing.
@Areesh

Typical bro typical. Nothing surprising in this. :)

Back
Top Bottom