What's new

Which type of tank is more suitable for Pakistan?

Actually lets face it,in indo pak scenario mbts are very much less effective due to canals,terrain,sandbanks,minefields and huge numbers of ATGMs.Plus both sides now possess PGMs and any large armour advance could lead to nuclear escalation.So i think for both sides value of MBT is now reduced.
I think airforce is most key in indo pak scenario.Followed by arty.That and the simple infantry section and its organic firepower.artillery.

Actually lets face it,in indo pak scenario mbts are very much less effective due to canals,terrain,sandbanks,minefields and huge numbers of ATGMs.Plus both sides now possess PGMs and any large armour advance could lead to nuclear escalation.So i think for both sides value of MBT is now reduced.
I think airforce is most key in indo pak scenario.Followed by arty.That and the simple infantry section and its organic firepower.artillery.

Thats true for Punjab but not the fluid deserts of Thar. Thar will see heavy concentration of Armour from both sides, it will be a very interesting duel considering the fact that both sides possess top quality Armour operated by a very formidable Officers. Air Power indeed is very important, but Armour is still the King of the Battlefield. Air Power can at best play a supporting role as we saw in GW1, despite intensive bombing from NATO for 30 days, Iraqi Armour was mostly intact.

Thats true for Punjab but not the fluid deserts of Thar. Thar will see heavy concentration of Armour from both sides, it will be a very interesting duel considering the fact that both sides possess top quality Armour operated by a very formidable Officers. Air Power indeed is very important, but Armour is still the King of the Battlefield. Air Power can at best play a supporting role as we saw in GW1, despite intensive bombing from NATO for 30 days, Iraqi Armour was mostly intact.

I disagree on one point...that both sides armoured formations are lead by very formidable officers.The subcontinental armour officers have traditionally proved poor with little understanding of large scale armour use.

I disagree on one point...that both sides armoured formations are lead by very formidable officers.The subcontinental armour officers have traditionally proved poor with little understanding of large scale armour use.

I agree, I was reading about Chawinda & Khem Karan & other armor engagements that we had & got the impression that most of it came across as a little amount of ingenuity, tonnes of pure dumb luck & no small amount of absolutely ludicrous decisions !

This is an If question.

If Pakistan has no MBT2000, and Pakistan could choose from 96A and 99A. Which type of tank is more suitable for Pakistan?

Could you tell me your points of view about this question from the aspects of price,georgaphy,strategy and so on?

This is my first thread. I don't know whether it is right according to this forum's regulation.If it is improper, please delete it.Thanks a lot for the help of the administrator.

I BELIEVE A THINK TANK WOULD SUFFICE. PERIOD!

Indeed, but in this case history does not do justice to officers on both sides. Officer Corps on both sides have improved by leaps and bounds over the last 40 years. Due to interaction with Western Armies and many of our Officers studying in top Western military schools, employment of Armour has improved by a huge margin. If you look at the manoeuvres performed by PA during the Azm e Nau exercises, they were nothing short of exceptional. You fight as you train, all you need to do is look at the way PA and IA perform manoeuvres on the field and you will come to the same conclusion as me that Armoured Warfare in the next war is going to be decisive.

cant agree more with this:rofl:

THIS IS A FACINATING READ ABOUT GULF WAR ONE

Iraqi Ground Forces Equipment

i like the part how a heavey M1 ABRAHAMS tannk stuck in MUD and unable to move took out 3 moving T72s despite the T72s scorng hits twice their shells simply bounced off the 60 tonne tank

I HAVE AKLWAYS SAID THAT HEAVEY ARMOURED TANKS ARE VERY USEFUL IN A ARMY EVEN IN SMALL NOS.

THIS IS A FACINATING READ ABOUT GULF WAR ONE

Iraqi Ground Forces Equipment

i like the part how a heavey M1 ABRAHAMS tannk stuck in MUD and unable to move took out 3 moving T72s despite the T72s scorng hits twice their shells simply bounced off the 60 tonne tank

I HAVE AKLWAYS SAID THAT HEAVEY ARMOURED TANKS ARE VERY USEFUL IN A ARMY EVEN IN SMALL NOS.

Hi,

It is not about the heavy armour---it is about the special armour that the american tank had that made the difference.

Back
Top Bottom