What's new

Which part of India is more developed?

I am quite shocked to see no one has discussed or mentioned about PUNJAB which brought revolution in Agriculture. I have been quite few states in India and seen condition of roads, Living standard and many more things,Punjab is much better place then most of places. Central govt. never gave priority to Punjab for industrialization or for its progress otherwise Punjab would have been contributed more then what it does now. So sad!!
you are right about punjab, except about industrialization. Its the respective states that should be credited for industrialization not center. May be its too expensive to set up factory there.

Tall buildings - Mumbai,Gurgaon
Shopping malls - New Delhi , Gurgaon , Pune
Hi tech cities with opportunities- Bangalore,Chennai, Hyderabad.
Beaches- Goa , Chennai
Future cities - Lavasa , Greater noida , New lucknow ,4 - 5 more but don't remember the names

Bottom line is south India is the engine for the rest of India .

correction. south and west India are growth engines

Depends what you call development, I am against "American style malls" I prefer to shop in markets with the fun of bargaining like the Europeans, I am against the influence super markets have on actual good produce. I believe in slow food. I love people to people contact. The "Developed West" is just a phase civilisation is witness to this. The western model is unsustainable. I am more comfortable with what has worked for thousands of years. Lets not ape "Western development" as it has no relevance in sustaining a happy society. I find the poor happier in the subcontinent then the mall rats in the west.

PS I am trying to position myself for the future and I cannot find a better place to live then India...and I have lived all over the world.

fine dining

I guess there is a thread with a right heading "India is developing But Long way to go"... I would say that the heading is the answer to OP.... I dont think you can say any part of india as developed yet, but can certianly say developing. If one part is good in one index the other would be good in another. Every part of india has its own strength and weakness even in development. So in India every region/state has to go a long way to be called developed. May be we will have to wait for a decade or so to get there

you are right about punjab, except about industrialization. Its the respective states that should be credited for industrialization not center. May be its too expensive to set up factory there.

Well Only reason to blame to central govt. they are not making enough effort to encourage big companies to invest in Punjab. there's no TATA, MAHINDERA or Reliance in Punjab. These companies could get benefits of better infrastructure but again as u said land is expensive in Punjab so little bit more expensive then others states to set up big plants here.

The biggest problem in greater noida is connectivity

Well public Transport connectivity is still not very good as of now, but roads towards greater noida are awesome, if you own a car, it will just take hardly half an hour to reach GN. But as i said in my previous post, in this next decade its going to be awesome and if you know, Delhi Metro phase 3 plan is to reach upto 'Pari Chowk' and later beyond. So, in this decade, Greater Noida is going to be world class city with world class Golf course and best Infrastructure in whole NCR belt.

Wtf are you guys doing comparing real gdp of one place with the gdp ppp of another...both are different people!!

Well Only reason to blame to central govt. they are not making enough effort to encourage big companies to invest in Punjab. there's no TATA, MAHINDERA or Reliance in Punjab. These companies could get benefits of better infrastructure but again as u said land is expensive in Punjab so little bit more expensive then others states to set up big plants here.

individual states promote themselves as investment friendly by contacting business leaders, giving tax breaks, making land aquisition easier etc. Some states have industry specific clusters which attracts those industries (like say auto component).

Why would tata move nano plant grom WB to gujrat? what can center do about it? Uttarakhand is agressively promoting the state as manufacturing base and is moderately successful. What is punjab govt doing precisely and what is the automatic blaming of center govt going to achieve?
Cener can at best be enabler but it cant promote you over others.

Do you know who I am?
You are a random pdf member from iran? Anything you want to tell about yourself? :P

nobody mentioned punjab? the best state in india. all the above mentioned developed state are full of begger but did anyone ever saw a punjabi begger. all punjab have 24 hour electricity better roads and infrastructure.. one the the highest car ownership per person. chandigarh the capital of punjab is much better and cleaner.

In many countries certain regions are more developed than others.

Which part of India is considered more developed north India or south India? Both sides have many cities but which is more advanced and industrial?

If you look for living standards, Kerala is the most developed state.

It has an HDI of 0.79, which means that the state has high living standards.

Is Mumbai counted as a part of the economy of Maharasta?

Because in China, Beijing/Hong Kong/Shanghai are counted on their own, and not included in the GDP of any province.

Even though, for example Beijing is completely surrounded by Hebei province, it is not counted as a part of Hebei's GDP. Same with Hong Kong and Guangdong province, they are counted separately. Same with Shanghai and the surrounding provinces.

Mumbai is the capital of Maharashtra and a part.

Madrassis mean Dravidians/South Indians right? Do they have control over Goa, Gujarat etc?

Dont confuse yourself with random terms.

Madras is a place,Dravidian is a linguistic group and South India is southern part of India.

Except of cities like Mumbai and Pune, there is not much left that adds much to its economy. Without those, Maharashtras economy would be at the bottom of the top states in India.

Dude please,

Western Maharashtra is full of sugar mills,Aurangabad,Nashik,Latur,Kolhapur,Solapur etc are all bustling towns with industries as well.

If you look for living standards, Kerala is the most developed state.

It has an HDI of 0.79, which means that the state has high living standards.

And Attapadi incident happened in such a high HDI state ..

Back
Top Bottom