What's new

Which part of India is more developed?

^^^The recent daily deaths due to dengue fever in Kerala is really a big blot on that HDI index

Is Mumbai counted as a part of the economy of Maharasta?

Because in China, Beijing/Hong Kong/Shanghai are counted on their own, and not included in the GDP of any province.

Even though, for example Beijing is completely surrounded by Hebei province, it is not counted as a part of Hebei's GDP. Same with Hong Kong and Guangdong province, they are counted separately. Same with Shanghai and the surrounding provinces.

We don't have any such concept in India. Mumbai is very much included in the GDP of Maharastra...:)

If infrastructure is ur basis then its Delhi all the way. Economically its a tough ask btw Mumbai & Delhi.

I have heard positive things about Goa, Gujarat and Kerala in southern part.

All three states are very well managed. Kerala has a tremendous HDI and rate of education while Goa is one of the best managed states in the country. And of course, we all know about Gujarat's progress.

If infrastructure is ur basis then its Delhi all the way. Economically its a tough ask btw Mumbai & Delhi.

Delhi's infrastructure only came in with the ushering of CWG. Before that, Mumbai always had the best infrastructure whether it was transport, buildings, accessibility or anything else.

personal opinion (off topic):

i hate such analysis and predictions without parameters and specific regions....

india is hell diverse for such stuff...

Dude please,

Western Maharashtra is full of sugar mills,Aurangabad,Nashik,Latur,Kolhapur,Solapur etc are all bustling towns with industries as well.

Count Mumbais and Punes GDPs together....... and compare them to the overall GDP of MH.

And Attapadi incident happened in such a high HDI state ..

Idiots are everywhere.... such things happen in every country. But at least we dont have mass mobs of people killing each other because of their religion, we have a literate multireligious population and a proper health system.

Physically not, but Northeast India is Socially more developed and advanced than any part of india, it has even has higher literacy rate than mainland india.

Idiots are everywhere.... such things happen in every country. But at least we dont have mass mobs of people killing each other because of their religion, we have a literate multireligious population and a proper health system.

But nearly 52 new-born infants had died in Attapadi in the past 18 months ,despite high HDI such incidents are happening ....as a Keralite i feel our figures are exaggerated

But nearly 52 new-born infants had died in Attapadi in the past 18 months ,despite high HDI such incidents are happening ....as a Keralite i feel our figures are exaggerated

This was a tragic accident... such things can happen, it was a single case. There are no giant slums and masses of hungry people here.

Thats why we have such high living standards. HDI is made of the life expectancy at birth, literacy rate, GDP per capita....

Physically not, but Northeast India is Socially more developed and advanced than any part of india, it has even has higher literacy rate than mainland india.

How ? Kerala has the highest HDI values of all of South Asia!

Delhi's infrastructure only came in with the ushering of CWG. Before that, Mumbai always had the best infrastructure whether it was transport, buildings, accessibility or anything else.

Is this thread asking for pre 2010 status ? stop whining and live in present. What's the need to bring Delhi-Mumbai comparison here when there ain't one at present ? :disagree:

If i take your post in a meaning that kerala need to do a lot..... I agree with you..... But then it shows how other states are in ... Probably we are better off.....

sorry dont wanna offend anyone but i think mumbai very ******,full of traffic jams,garbage thrown everywhere.Delhi,chennai,bangalore,goa are much cleaner and even kolkata after Didi came to power.Atleast Didi makes sure roads are repaired regularly and cleaned everyday.one just needs to take a cab ride or train ride in mumbai to c wats the city's condition.In 90's mumbai was very beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom