What's new

Which is the most successful civilization of human history?

The word Hindu was imposed by outsiders. You should look up the true definition of the word "Hindu", it is derogatory, the Indian version of the word ni**er for Black people. Says a lot about Hindus!!! :undecided:

Words Hind and Hindu are of old Persian in origin given at th time of Archaemenid Empire and its not detrogatory but derived from Sindhu(Indus). Hindu initially meant Indian.

Hindu meant the people living around the Indus (Sindhu) river of Pakistan...

It has NOTHING to do with the present day Indians of "Hindustan" today. Indians of Hindustan are not related to the natives of The Indus River Valley
Actually the word "Indian" and "Hindu" is from present day Pakistan

I would have to say the Greek civilization and Indus valley civilization though I have a slight bias towards Greek civilization as it was the basis for the western democracy that we see today, as well as the advancement of perso-arab civilization during dark ages was largely drawn from greek literature/works(abbassid caliphate) and then l'europe picked it up post 12th century for there and hence renaissance. I know this is very simplistic view but the development of democracy as well as the idea of individualism is very central to western philosophy and I find that missing in eastern civilizations, where it is more from the communities perspective rather than the individuality. Once again this is a very simplistic view of looking at the world and nor do I have a social science background to debate on my assumption but rather they are my observation based on limited knowledge.

It has NOTHING to do with the present day Indians of "Hindustan" today. Indians of Hindustan are not related to the natives of The Indus River Valley

Hindustan and Indus were foreign and was used by them eventually to describe the whole Subcontinent. A Greek ambassador to the Mauryan empire wrote a book called "Indica" describing things all over India.

Persians called pretty much anyone from the subcontinent Hindu.

Hindustan and Indus were foreign and was used by them eventually to describe the whole Subcontinent. A Greek ambassador to the Mauryan empire wrote a book called "Indica" describing things all over India.

Lol are you kidding me.

Sindhu was there when Persian empire was there.

The whole history of the world changed due to IVC.

If you think the Greeks & Persian thought the Ganges and Dravid land was India, you are severely mistaken.

Anything past the Indus was called China, or uncivilizied land. And it rightly fits as well ;)

Lol are you kidding me.

Sindhu was there when Persian empire was there.

The whole history of the world changed due to IVC.

If you think the Greeks & Persian thought the Ganges and Dravid land was India, you are severely mistaken.

Anything past the Indus was called China, or uncivilizied land. And it rightly fits as well

No, I dont know where you're getting China from. Cina was a generic name for the Chinese.

Like I said. A Greek ambassador to the Mauryan empire named his book Indica, in it, it describes people, kingdoms, tribes, etc all over India.

Anything past the Indus was called China, or uncivilizied land. And it rightly fits as well

y0CVT.jpg

SfteA.jpg

uFHmQSY.jpg

r4jIt0t.jpg

9U1DHJD.jpg

4Hon4cM.jpg

SKZtqcs.jpg

doAdW.jpg

Very civilized people making complex cities, society, etc.

Greece Romana Misr sab Mit Gaye Jahan se Kush Baat Hia Jo Hasti Mithee Nahee Hamaree Sadio raha hai jabki dushman daure jahan Hamara ...Iqbal

well we were contempraries if not older than the egyptian civilization we here so called "Hindus" then also like we are today and practicse the same rituals as we did thousands of years back and Sanatan Dharm/hindu dharm is the oldest living relegeon known to man the wonder what you call a Sucsessful civilization

Indus enters India before it enters Pakistan. :lol:

Indus enters India before it enters Pakistan. :lol:

See, I am impressed that at least he knows the name of IVC, even if the "knowledge" is mangled all over.

We don't know anything about his Yeman (where he was persecuted for his sect, including even by his fellow Shia and we gave him and his people refuge here).

We don't know the names of their tribes, what they do, why they kill each other and so on.

Nor are we interested. ;)

PS: I believe the Hatimtai legend probably comes from Yaman. ;)

Back
Top Bottom