What's new

Which Chinese fighter that PAF wanna get at the most?

please choose the fighter you want

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Back then we did not have ballistic or cruise missiles hence were largely relying on the bombers for certain types of missions. J-11s, even our F-16s can be employed in the role of air-to-ground pretty effectively. I am not sure if budgetary constraints and present day doctrine of the PAF allows for dedicated bomber squadrons.
hmm but the payload of a dedicated bomber will be much more than the payload an F 16 or J 11 can carry?

hmm but the payload of a dedicated bomber will be much more than the payload an F 16 or J 11 can carry?
Yes, you are right but do we really need dedicated bombers? Look around, other than the USA (B-57; B-1; B-2), Russia (Tu-22M; Tu-160) and China (H-6) no other air force is using dedicated bombers.

Yes, you are right but do we really need dedicated bombers? Look around, other than the USA (B-57; B-1; B-2), Russia (Tu-22M; Tu-160) and China (H-6) no other air force is using dedicated bombers.
because they don't have hostile countries on two sides, and a war against terrorism, in their own country,

its the age of multi-role. its about economics.

The Answer Lies in :

- Pakistan's Budget [ Ask why only a few F22s exist ]
- Affordability [ Ask why Pak didnt get J10 / J11 ]
- Availability of the Jet itself [ Ask why Many Nations are shying away from f 35 ]
- Life time Cost . Spares [ Ask why India didnt choose Mig 35 ]
good run down of reasons

but beyond economics

its the suitability of the fighter with the airforce doctrine
is there a need for that plane? is that role already filled?

re J-31 outlook is promising and hope fully a good clone of US F-35 ,.. but its the package inside the frame that will make it worth its outlook.

7e2ed2275743b8fefe3f3318baad86eb.jpg

people voting for J-31 forget that PAF runs away from twin engine planes like a plague

Last edited:
I think PAF might have contributed a lots advice to J10's development through their experience with F16 in the last 30 years.

Rumours to that effect did appear in some journals.

Chinese engineers developed the J-10 from a single F-16 provided by Pakistan, and with assistance from Israeli engineers associated with Israel's US-financed Lavi fighter program, which was canceled in 1987, according to the Federation of American Scientists website. The Lavi was based on the US F-16 and built with US$1.3 billion in aid from Washington.

China will reinforce the economy ties with Pakistan, every brother want his younger brothers having a good life.

yes your feelings are very nice

but if so why dont you replace the railway engines which pakistan bought from china and which failed in 6 months

yes your feelings are very nice

but if so why dont you replace the railway engines which pakistan bought from china and which failed in 6 months
I don't know what you are talking about. If the engine failed, just call for after service.

Why ? ( I do concur with you )
Do u agree with me that Pakistan should have opted for a J10 Program instead of JF17 ?
I think it was better that they opted for JF-17 over J-10. Why do you think they should have opted for J-10 over JF-17 ?

I think it was better that they opted for JF-17 over J-10. Why do you think they should have opted for J-10 over JF-17 ?

Well, since 4.5 Gen fighters will be around 2030, i feel it was a much better platform from the future perspective.
IMHO, If USA was not in the picture Gripen NG was the best for PAF.

The Hard Qs. is whats the PAF choice for PAK FA and FGFA.

J-31 WILL REMAIN THE BEST CHOICE FOR US.

10303814_271788033026029_3348112454736604174_n.jpg

^Just waiting for this to come true :D

Do u agree with me that Pakistan should have opted for a J10 Program instead of JF17 ?

Therefore there must had been an offer to team up in J10 program, which most likely never was the case. Instead China offered to an export fighter, that Pakistan can participate with and the same might be the case for J31, as it seems that it will be Chinas 5th gen export fighter too, but the costs are far higher and participation / customization potential here is far more limited for Pakistan than it was in JF 17. However, with the commonalities of possible engines, weapons, radar and avionics, J31 is the logical choice to go in future, while more JF17s would be the best choice today.

Its gonna be fun to watch chinese when India inducts Tejas MK1 and MK 2 in large numbers , Even 100 new fighter jets will be a game changer . Leave PAF alone . They can compare with Bangladesh , Srilanka and Afganistan .
Mirage2k upgrades , Jaguar Upgrades , Su30mki upgrades + 180 more new MKI ,new Rafale MMRCA 120-160 , Tejas MK 1 100 or atleast 14 per year Future induction of PAKFA , AMCA or Tejas MK 2 ,3 . NICE ! :lol:

India might buy F35 Lightng II for INS VISHAL . Which is very possible . Even mix of 10 F35 , 10 Rafale M , 10 Tejas MK2 Will be a huge boost for any navy .

We are watching the successful failure of DRDO since Last Two decades after dumping thousands Billions of rupees no UFO type 6th generation result is came out except a failed aircraft with American Engine hahaha:rofl:

Back
Top Bottom