What's new

Which arms could Iran Export when international embargo ends?

Thought so, no great potential for our exports then.
Remains the same as now.

Even now under sanctions we are exporting.. well if we can call it that
actually I'm very optimistic about ballistic missiles and air defenses. these two can give us a great sum of revenues.
Small arms, guided missiles, cars and MRAP deals mostly are small ones.

Thought so, no great potential for our exports then.
Remains the same as now.

Even now under sanctions we are exporting.. well if we can call it that

Giving it to proxies are called exports? I don't think Assad or Hizbollah are In position to pay for military.

actually I'm very optimistic about ballistic missiles and air defenses. these two can give us a great sum of revenues.
Small arms, guided missiles, cars and MRAP deals mostly are small ones.

I am genuinely doubting that. As I said we will trust nobody, that is for sure.

Imagine one of your third world (I assume you are actually talking about developing countries in africa) has access to a Khordad system or a newer Fateh missile. Who will be these system exposed to immediately? :)

Sure MRAPs, ATGM, old jeeps and small arms, but we do that already, there won't be a golden age of arms exports for Iran. The countries you are going for have small and corrupt economies.

Last edited:
Until moderators Take a look at this thread filled with trolls, i wont post anything else.

@BHarwana @waz @LeGenD
Dear Brothers this thread is supposed to be informative for those who want to Know about Iranian military products. Unfortunately trolls are trying to divert/change the coarse of this thread. Would appreciate your attention. Thanks and regards.
Respond to those comments which you find them to your liking. If one is in poor taste, ignore it.

If the thread turn into a complete trolling session, then consider tagging us.

Remember this; WE are not supposed to impose censorship across the forum.

Respond to those comments which you find them to your liking. If one is in poor taste, ignore it.

If the thread turn into a complete trolling session, then consider tagging us.

Remember this; WE are not supposed to impose censorship across the forum.
Thanks for your sincere and honest guidance. I will consider your advice.

First of all these systems are copies of Russian and Chinese products so unless they give you permission you will not be able to rexport them. Secondly all of these systems are at least a generation old if not older so unless a country is under severe sanction like NKorea you will not be able to find any customers. Last and not least US will sanction any player who will approach Iran for any sort of defense trade so that will be more than enough to deter any party. Iran itself need serious upgrade in technology so your first focus should be to acquire as much latest goodies from china and Russia as you can.

First of all these systems are copies of Russian and Chinese products so unless they give you permission you will not be able to rexport them. Secondly all of these systems are at least a generation old if not older so unless a country is under severe sanction like NKorea you will not be able to find any customers. Last and not least US will sanction any player who will approach Iran for any sort of defense trade so that will be more than enough to deter any party. Iran itself need serious upgrade in technology so your first focus should be to acquire as much latest goodies from china and Russia as you can.

How are Iranian drones copies of Russian and Chinese? Iran actually made the first UCAV in 1980s.

Last edited:
I am genuinely doubting that. As I said we will trust nobody, that is for sure.

Imagine one of your third world (I assume you are actually talking about developing countries in africa) has access to a Khordad system or a newer Fateh missile. Who will be these system exposed to immediately? :)

Sure MRAPs, ATGM, old jeeps and small arms, but we do that already, there won't be a golden age of arms exports for Iran. The countries you are going for have small and corrupt economies.
African countries all are wealthy, if you don't believe me just look at their military espendings. so as south america and possibly south and east Asia.
regarding the exposing our weapons for enemy states, did you hear that Thai gripens been told to do not turn on their radars in a joint military drill with Chinese j-10s?? or for example Pakistani f-16 are not allowed to use AMRAAMs in a military conflict??
you can mention this binding parts in your deal and if the other part violates them you can sue them and make them to pay you billions of dollars to recover your lost tech in equivalent amount of cash.

First of all these systems are copies of Russian and Chinese products so unless they give you permission you will not be able to rexport them.
lol so we didn't need their permission when we RE them but for selling we need??
Secondly all of these systems are at least a generation old if not older so
our air defense systems are better than any western air defenses and comparable with Chinese and Russian ones.
our submarines come with super cavitation torpedo, anti-ship missiles and regular torpedo with mine laying and diver delivery systems. with latest sonar, radar and optical sensors.
our drones have more than 7000 hours of successful operations in various conflicts all over the region.
our artillery rockets and tactical ballistic missiles are the best in the world in term of reliability and CEP as they do not use GPS.
our long range ballistic missiles are capable of dodging anti ballistic missile systems.
we produce very cheap trainer planes.
we produce very cheap 3rd generation fighter with 4th generation avionics.
we produce long medium range cruise missiles, both land attack and anti ship versions with indigenous designs

1. Ballistic missiles with a range exceeding 300km cannot be exported
2. Iran has only revealed a prototype of Karrar. (will probably never enter production like many other Iranian weapons)
3. A better question is who is Iran going to export to? All your allies are bankrupt.
they can be exported by the countries that didn't sign the relevant treaties

5) Air Defence systems.
Yeah well. No need to say about this One. Iran is One of the big Players in this field.
A) Bavar-373 with engagement range of upto 200 KM.
2398926_173.jpg

2398927_605.jpg

B) 15th Khordad AD. Range 120 KM (engagement)
2399060_694.jpg

C) 3rd Khordad AD. Hunter of RQ4 Global Hawk. Range upto 80 KM.
2399147_737.jpg

D) Ra'ad-1-2. Range 25 to 50 KM.
photo_2018-06-06_22-00-00.jpg
I'm sure we won't export an air defense system that we ourselves use as it will compromise our air defense network, so you don't see any 3rd khordad or Bavar-373 or 15th khordad system on export list Raad also use Taer missile so I doubt you see it being exported

I'm sure we won't export an air defense system that we ourselves use as it will compromise our air defense network
regarding the exposing our weapons for enemy states, did you hear that Thai gripens been told to do not turn on their radars in a joint military drill with Chinese j-10s?? or for example Pakistani f-16 are not allowed to use AMRAAMs in a military conflict??
you can mention this binding parts in your deal and if the other part violates them you can sue them and make them to pay you billions of dollars to recover your lost tech in equivalent amount of cash.

First of all these systems are copies of Russian and Chinese products .

Which Russian and Chinese products are the following "copied" from (from the list posted by OP):

Fateh-110:
military-equipment-exhibition-in-tehran-iran-islamic-republic-of-shutterstock-editorial-10081514c-780x405.jpg

Nasr Ashm:

1099926_245-768x512.jpg

Fateh Submarine:

2021312_273-780x405.jpg

"Ya Ali" ground launched cruise missiles:

648838_739.jpg

That should be enough to get you started.

all obsolete stuff

Right,

Ballistic missiles with pin point accuracy shown in practise, air defences that have downed stealthy drones from 90km away, Long range air defences, UAVs that penetrated air defence and caused havoc (Abqaiq attack), these systems that most nations on planet cannot hope to produce are apparently "obsolete".

you call them copy our airdefense system like 3rd khordad have thrice the range of the buk system you compare it too and can engage target at the ranges that buk even ca't detect them, there is no comparable system for 15th khoedad or bavar .
then I like to see the chinese or russian system that Fateh family of missiles is based on also the same goes for our drones.
or our submarine.
and why you think those are a generation old.
@Mithridates
you export them and then come a coupe and then the allegiances change and ......
recall Sudan or Algeria

you export them and then come a coupe and then the allegiances change and ......
it's not matter of of allegiances, you have a deal and any party that does not fulfill it should compensate the other side. you remember that international court of justice forced Russia to pay twice as the price we gave them for S-300?? or US was able to sue us over F-5 and bell-214 while we were threatening to slit each other throats.
all parties of the deal should hold their part of bargain.
recall Sudan or Algeria
i remember Sudan but Algeria??:unsure::unsure:

it's not matter of of allegiances, you have a deal and any party that does not fulfill it should compensate the other side. you remember that international court of justice forced Russia to pay twice as the price we gave them for S-300?? or US was able to sue us over F-5 and bell-214 while we were threatening to slit each other throats.
Pakistan used AMRAAM against India while they were not supposed to do so and we could prove to court that Russia didn't deliver S-300 . can you prove country x willingly let country y get its hand on the technical data of the system or shared its data to country z

i remember Sudan but Algeria??:unsure::unsure:
how is our relation with Algeria , even before the change in government they were bought by KSA in just one night they went from our Allies to cut ties with us

Which Russian and Chinese products are the following "copied" from (from the list posted by OP):

Fateh-110:
military-equipment-exhibition-in-tehran-iran-islamic-republic-of-shutterstock-editorial-10081514c-780x405.jpg

Nasr Ashm:

1099926_245-768x512.jpg

Fateh Submarine:

2021312_273-780x405.jpg

"Ya Ali" ground launched cruise missiles:

648838_739.jpg

That should be enough to get you started.

Right,

Ballistic missiles with pin point accuracy shown in practise, air defences that have downed stealthy drones from 90km away, Long range air defences, UAVs that penetrated air defence and caused havoc (Abqaiq attack), these systems that most nations on planet cannot hope to produce are apparently "obsolete".
with due respect sir your all anti ship missiles are copy/reverse engineered from Chinese anti ship missile especially from their YJ series of anti ship missiles

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom