What's new

Where to buy Pakistani dress for men and women in Europe?

@Kaptaan MashaAllah very traditional family... I see little to no difference between our families in terms of values
Thanks for not quoting. I don't like leaving family images here. What did I say to you about being very, very conservative privately but being a a die hard liberal secularist in the public sphere??? I hope you understand. Strict rule in family is modest dress. And even more strictly modesty in behaviour and actions. It's a state of mind that is important.

on a different but related note, can folks from UK give their opinion on a business related idea which I have been thinking about, basically I have a good supply chain or a manufacturer of ladies clothing brand back home in Pakistan who is willing to send me his clothing range on credit terms, so all I have to do is setup a shop and fill it up with that brands' lines.

I have done a bit of research in Manchester, and Bradford areas, there are loads of shops, some very god and most just ordinary, but hard to say if they all make money, mostly smaller shops look empty.

Do you guys think there is much juice left in this business, if your products are good and you also target European Pakistanis through a proper website and sell them online.

on a different but related note, can folks from UK give their opinion on a business related idea which I have been thinking about, basically I have a good supply chain or a manufacturer of ladies clothing brand back home in Pakistan who is willing to send me his clothing range on credit terms, so all I have to do is setup a shop and fill it up with that brands' lines.

I have done a bit of research in Manchester, and Bradford areas, there are loads of shops, some very god and most just ordinary, but hard to say if they all make money, mostly smaller shops look empty.

Do you guys think there is much juice left in this business, if your products are good and you also target European Pakistanis through a proper website and sell them online.
Yes there is. Although there is shop on every corner these days but quality, service, price are conspiciously missing. The shops lack modern business oriented ethos. I think there is huge potentil if you can deliver quality, service and price on a sustained basis. You would make a killing. But please no Indian garbage.

Tonnes of juice u can squeeze out. All u need yo add is classiness in clothes.

Unfortunately in majority clothing businesses in uk ,the concept revolves around selling bling bling super gawdy clothes with stones, sequins and swarovskis sewn on them. But then majoirty pakistani ladies from uk have either bling bling taste or just cause they dont have much better options available so they buy from there.

Ifu really want ur business to thrive u need to see what it is it that makes hsy , faraz manan , deepak parwani and ilk an attraction to customers. Even tho some of these designers sell highly overpriced dresses with low quality fabrics ( not always but their low end stores do) but they do score well on designing arena.

Anyways for all of this u need to have designing skills in u so that u invest that energy and time into it and understand what customers from a specific regional market want.

U can get inspiration from hsy http://hsystudio.com/en/stores

Thanks for not quoting. I don't like leaving family images here. What did I say to you about being very, very conservative privately but being a a die hard liberal secularist in the public sphere??? I hope you understand. Strict rule in family is modest dress. And even more strictly modesty in behaviour and actions. It's a state of mind that is important.
When it comes to the family matters, you will always find me pretty sensitive and respectful. I like modern but modest dresses...that beautiful, covering, fully functional and according to the season and occasion. My wife is learning our norms so this is her desire to land in Pakistan in a Pakistani dress. My sister brought a few unstitched dresses for her on our nikkah but we didn't find any Pakistani tailor in Sweden due to perhaps my limited interaction with Pakistani community here. She has a lot Turkish/Bosnian style dresses but Pakistani dresses are the best.

Bhai Jan asim jofa moron is a Pakistani brand. Main dasa hua hun iss moron brand ka kaFi baar
Bhai...why do you call him a moron?
I actually liked his dresses..for example this one
I liked this but it may take quite some time before it arrives
231ze28.png

When it comes to the family matters, you will always find me pretty sensitive and respectful. I like modern but modest dresses...that beautiful, covering, fully functional and according to the season and occasion. My wife is learning our norms so this is her desire to land in Pakistan in a Pakistani dress. My sister brought a few unstitched dresses for her on our nikkah but we didn't find any Pakistani tailor in Sweden due to perhaps my limited interaction with Pakistani community here. She has a lot Turkish/Bosnian style dresses but Pakistani dresses are the best.

When you come to London

Bring all those dresses of your sister along with your wife. You can get it stitched from here in London and they will send it back to you in Sweden when ready... is your wife Pakistani?

@Ocean
thanks a lot for your views, that's what I want to find out, whether there is enough demand, and are our ladies prepared for a change, you are spot on for the taste and choices of ladies here vs ladies in Pakistan,

secondly, if I come up with decent and sort of unknown brand like a brand which might have a presence in one or two cities in Pak, and just to begin with, I start with this brand, so would it be a good idea to start with it. Maybe build on it later on and start adding high end brands later.

Thirdly, due to mostly cold weather in UK, do you think its a year round sustainable business which can cover its expenses and not depends on the owner to sit 24/7.

Don't worry you will also start calling him moron when you will have to buy from him multiple times.

By the way, it's quality (as well as others listed on that link) is awesome. You will definitely like the dresses.

When you come to London

Bring all those dresses of your sister along with your wife. You can get it stitched from here in London and they will send it back to you in Sweden when ready... is your wife Pakistani?

That's a good idea... how many days can it take?

Her father is a Pakistani from Swat but her mother is mixed of a Bosnian and a Turkish. Her parents met and married in Sweden so by birth she is Swedish. However she can speak Urdu (good enough to communicate) and English in addition to Swedish. She has been to Pakistan twice in her childhood.

That's a good idea... how much days can it take?

Her father is a Pakistani from Swat but her mother is mixed of a Bosnian and a Turkish. Her parents met and married in Sweden so by birth she is Swedish. However she can speak Urdu (good enough to communicate) and English in addition to Swedish. She has been to Pakistan twice in her childhood.
For ladies even 1 month is less for shopping... for men may be an hour is too much... so i don't know how much time your better half will take. All i can say is, if she has given measurement to one of the tailor, obviously all her dresses will be stitched to the same size. So it shouldn't take long.

If she comes on friday or saturday early in the morning and goes back late Sunday night or monday, she has enough time to do shopping in this local area and also give her unstitched dresses to someone professional ready to be parcelled at later date.

The ticket from London to Stockholm are often very cheap, I was thinking to book myself couple of days ago when I saw the return ticket for around £15 or something like that but my wife is interested going elsewhere so i refrained.... so I believe for you visiting London is cheaper than visiting your nearby city by train

For ladies even 1 month is less for shopping... for men may be an hour is too much... so i don't know how much time your better half will take. All i can say is, if she has given measurement to one of the tailor, obviously all her dresses will be stitched to the same size. So it shouldn't take long.

If she comes on friday or saturday early in the morning and goes back late Sunday night or monday, she has enough time to do shopping in this local area and also give her unstitched dresses to someone professional ready to be parcelled at later date.

The ticket from London to Stockholm are often very cheap, I was thinking to book myself couple of days ago when I saw the return ticket for around £15 or something like that but my wife is interested going elsewhere so i refrained.... so I believe for you visiting London is cheaper than visiting your nearby city by train
I checked online and the cheapest tickets are from Skavsta airport Stockholm to Stansted airport London. But I prefer Arlanda since it is closer to our home and I can easily pick and drop her.

I checked online and the cheapest tickets are from Skavsta airport Stockholm to Stansted airport London. But I prefer Arlanda since it is closer to our home and I can easily pick and drop her.
Well I can't say abiut stockholm but if you are coming to East London, Stanstead Airport is the ideal choice for you after London city Airport which is way too expensive with limited flight options due to being a very small airport.

I have only travelled to city airport twice (while flying to Turkey) but countless times from Stanstead

Well do let me know if you do end up planning to visit London

Back
Top Bottom